Author Topic: coe registration  (Read 5077 times)

Offline #1

• View Profile
coe registration
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
Hi - A question on behalf of a friend not yet registered here:
Is it usual to get players to register for a centre with no idea on costs, coaches, player conduct etc? Where we are it doesnt happen, but I said I'd ask you all.
Surely this isnt the norm?

Offline raefil

• View Profile
Re: coe registration
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
Its a kind of pre-contract agreement.  The proper registrations arent done untill all the fees etc are paid.

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Sounds reasonable - cheers  :)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »
i also believe that the fees must not exceed grass roots costs, the biggest expense is usual transport!

Offline BrianE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »
I found that the cost was very similar to grassroots football. The only difference was that the COE wanted it paid in two installments rather than weekly as in grassroots. It therefore seemed more expensive but wasn't really.

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »
Hi all  - seems the best thread to add this; quick question - when is the transfer period for CoE's? Is it December or January? Thanks

fabregas04

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:40:29 AM »
Hi all  - seems the best thread to add this; quick question - when is the transfer period for CoE's? Is it December or January? Thanks

I'm sure it used to be a two week period in December, then a four week period in June....

Sylvain

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
You can also  find the answer in the FA Handbook 2013-14 in the CoE sub-section.

5.6.1 Player Transfers:

The Football Association will provide Centres with a ‘player agreement’ template
for all registered Centre of Excellence players.

Player Agreement:

(a) Every Centre of Excellence player is to be given a minimum of a 1 year agreement or a maximum of a 2 year agreement, subject to FA funding

(b) A player can only leave the Centre during a transfer window. The transfer window will be a 2 week period in December and a 4 week period in June as stated by Fabregas04

(c) No Centre of Excellence can sign a player from another Centre of Excellence outside of the agreement

(d) If a player wishes to leave the Centre of Excellence and join another Centre outside of the transfer window, they can make an appeal to The
Football Association
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:35:02 PM by Sylvain »

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
1) if a club offers an automatic at the reviews but the girl feels she wants to trial at another club to keep her options open , can this offer be withdrawn or are the club bound to honour it !

2 ) is a verbal offer as good as a written one ?

If it's just a verbal offer then it's very difficult to hold them to it. You could try the morally-bound angle but good luck with that!

3) I've also heard that you can't sign for a new club until the end of June but you can sign for your existing club at any point in June , is this correct ?

You can re-sign/extend for your own CoE at any time of the year, but for a new CoE it's any time in June (or the 2 weeks in Dec).

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 01:01:36 PM »
i would suspect that a take it or leave it contract is completely up to the centre director, but most would not treat girls like that. in fact there arent many rules at all , so i expect a phone call to the fa would clear up any questions that you might have.