Author Topic: Keepers  (Read 3588 times)

Offline #1

• View Profile
Keepers
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
Decided to start a new topic from Quote from Mackem Steve:

Btw Helen is a great keeper but was unlucky with injury a few years back, Rachel Laws came in to replace her and never looked back, keeping (deservedly) her place. We're actually very lucky to have two great keepers at the club, especially when you think some teams srtuggle to find a decent first choice keeper!

Rachel has also put herself in the shop window with Liverpool; could open a door or two. But would she go? And is there anyone to back Helen up at Sunderland?

How many other good young keepers can step up that are coming through from CoE's, clubs, etc?

49yardtapin

Re: Keepers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Think Lizzie Durak shows promise, despite a dodgy pre-season game i saw, she has since impressed at the top level.

Not seen much in the way of COE keepers at the moment. Think there is one coming through to U17's at Man United who is decent.

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
Think Lizzie Durak shows promise, despite a dodgy pre-season game i saw, she has since impressed at the top level.

Not seen much in the way of COE keepers at the moment. Think there is one coming through to U17's at Man United who is decent.

Lizzie is off to the USA to Uni.

As is one of the best I have seen this season Beth Howard of Yeovil

Only saw one U17 match and both keepers played really well..Oxford Utd vs Aston Villa.

Sylvain

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »
Regarding U17 goalies : I saw a few Middlesex, Gillingham, Norwich, Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea and Blackburn they were all good keepers but not exceptional really.

49yardtapin

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »

Only saw one U17 match and both keepers played really well..Oxford Utd vs Aston Villa.

Yeah I'm aware. Which always raised the question that if Brown isn't fit, who plays...?

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »

Yeah I'm aware. Which always raised the question that if Brown isn't fit, who plays...?
England told all u19s, if they were going to study in USA they couldnt be part of the U19 squad  ;D dont you just love the FA lol

Anyway, I wonder whether gibbons might move across to Everton with the arrival of Libby stout due at the Reds?

Sylvain

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »

England told all u19s, if they were going to study in USA they couldnt be part of the U19 squad  ;D dont you just love the FA lol

Anyway, I wonder whether gibbons might move across to Everton with the arrival of Libby stout due at the Reds?

I am sure Everton can find good goalkeepers in the North of England area

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
So i see Helen has finally called time on her Sunderland stay. Great keeper as i said big part of the FA Cup run in 2009 and living proof that fate can sometimes be very cruel. If she hadn't suffered that bad injury and kept her place with all the playing time Laws got, who knows?

Good luck to her at Durham, hope she get's the playing time she deserves!
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt