Author Topic: Jordan Nobbs  (Read 2695 times)

Offline JP47

• View Profile
Re: Jordan Nobbs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
Jordan Nobbs improves games on game and never fails to impress. She will be England's star player in the next few years and will run England's midfield.  Look out for the young Liverpool right back Lucy Bronze as well.  She will be a star. Solid and accurate in defence and reliable.

Sylvain

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
Lucy is quality and has been so unfortunate with injuries over the last 3 seasons. But she is not young really, nearly 22 already.

49yardtapin

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
These injuries which are building may force Powell's hand, and subsequently might benefit England, end up with them winning the Euro and Powell being hailed a genius!

Could we cope with that and would that hide the awful truth, ;) hahaha

Sylvain

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »
Nah, her defensive/negative tactics will see them fail lol to be fair England have beaten all the best team in friendlies and official tournament except France and Germany in recent years BUT they did it by scoring first.
If they don't score first, they don't beat the big teams as there is no plan B.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:43:00 AM by Sylvain »

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:16:17 AM »
Aye it seems weird someone talking about Lucy like she is relatively unknown in the game! Seems like she's been around ages.

Had the rare privilege of receiving the player of the match award in the 2009 FA Cup Final even though she was on the losing side.

In fact seems both have been around for ages, absolutely love Jordan would have her back at Sunderland in the drop of a hat. Scored one of the best goals I've ever seen in any football in a pre season friendly against Leicester, one of the first games i saw her play, and I just loved her from that moment  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline JP47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:19 AM »
Aye, I realise Lucy and Jordan have been around for a while.  As an Arsenal fan, I was at the Arsenal vs Sunderland cup final in 2009 in Derby and saw both Jordan Nobbs (16 at the time) and Lucy Bronze (17 at the time) play brilliantly.  Lucy was player of the match and I said at the time that both player were outstanding and would make it to the top.  Lucy scored again for Liverpool this weekend, having previously shone at Everton between Sunderland and Liverpool.
My point is that at 21 (nearly 22), Lucy is still young, even in footballing terms and has 10-13 years ahead of her.  However, she hasn't seen the recognition that she deserves.  She was finally called up to the full England training camp just over a week ago and if Hope has any sense Lucy will be picked to go to the Euros.  As an Arsenal fan it hurts me to say this, but she will replace Alex Scott soon as she is a better all round defender.

Offline JP47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
Looking forward to seeing Sunderland in the new FA WSL Division 2 and am sure they will make it to the WSL Division 1.  Mackem Steve's comments brought back memories of the Sunderland FA team playing in the 2009 FA Cup final.  Remember being impressed by the quality of a young Sunderland team that day, even though I'm an Arsenal fan.  In that team were Jordan Nobbs, Lucy Bronze and Lucy Staniforth (now Bristol Academy & England U23), of course.  Another player who shone for me that day was the goalie, Helen Alderson.  I see she is back at Sunderland, but reserve goalie now.  She is quality.

Sylvain

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »
I am not sure she will replace Alex soon, simply because Hope Powell has a queuing system and it takes years for her to replace an older with a younger better one. See players like Brown, Stoney or White the latter was still 1st choice for years with no real football ground besides being a good leader and tall.

49yardtapin

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »
Certainly the concern around that player is injuries as well. Will you get a full season out of her without niggles? Needs a full season starting in 2014 to be sure.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »
@JP

Aye i agree with what you say about both players, and as you say Lucy could easily be a regular starter in that England side. Unfortunately as others point out we have No-Hope of any other player getting picked for the team Powell in charge of our National side.

And i remember the Cup Final well too. Going in as massive underdogs and not doing too badly, keeping the score respectable, although the difference in class, but more importantly experience, was plain to see. I remember the average age of the Sunderland team was about 22 or something, most of the players were very young at the time.

The four players you mention were very good even as young players back then, backed up i suppose by the fact they moved straight into the SL when it was formed. Another great young player playing that day was Demi-lee Stokes, now playing and studying in the US.

Btw Helen is a great keeper but was unlucky with injury a few years back, Rachel Laws came in to replace her and never looked back, keeping (deservedly) her place. We're actually very lucky to have two great keepers at the club, especially when you think some teams srtuggle to find a decent first choice keeper!

Mmmmm to have the two Lucy's back (Bronze and Staniforth) as well as Jordan Nobbs, Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Demi-lee Stokes to  play alongside Beth Mead and some of the quality young players coming through now... i can dream can't i  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:23:27 AM by Mackem Steve »
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
Mmmmm to have the two Lucy's back (Bronze and Staniforth) as well as Jordan Nobbs, Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Demi-lee Stokes to  play alongside Beth Mead and some of the quality young players coming through now... i can dream can't i  ;)
I think should Sunderland get promoted to WSL 1 in 2015, you can bet a few of those players would be tempted to come back home. Add Carly Telford as well.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
I think should Sunderland get promoted to WSL 1 in 2015, you can bet a few of those players would be tempted to come back home. Add Carly Telford as well.

Aye i suppose, i don't see why a few of them might not come back, maybe the ones in teams not really fighting for anything each season. Jordan and Steph is definitely just dreaming but don't think any of the others would be totally out of the question tbh (even Jill Scott)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:25:20 PM by Mackem Steve »