Author Topic: Medkila  (Read 12059 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Vålerenga 2 Medkila 0
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
Elisabeth Aasli was one of Medkila's best players in the 2-0 loss away to Vålerenga at the weekend.  "We had corners saved on the line, among other things.  We had three chances that definitely should have been goals", Aasli told Fotballmagasinet afterwards.

Aasli made a raid up the right at the end that led to a save by Guro Pettersen in the Vålerenga goal.  "I saw it in goal", she said.  "We didn't manage to hang together in the midfield and were a bit alone when we went forward.  The defence did not manage to move forward.  There was too much room", she said.

Medkila were without two important players in Vilde Fjelldal, who was with the U19s in Israel, and Danesha Adams who was injured.  "It's a pity we are missing some players but when they're back it will be better.  With Vilde and Danesha back we will be stronger at the front", said Aasli.

Medkila are in 12th place now but Aasli is confident they can survive in the Toppserien.  "Our aim is to finish above Amazon and Sandviken.  We will make it.  We'll win the next home match against Arna-Bjørnar", she said.

Aasli came to Medkila from Grand Bodø this year and has played eight matches of the nine that Medkila has played, all of them from the start.  After a while commuting between Bodø and Harstad she is now living in Harstad.  While she was commuting she was training with a boys' team in Bodø.  "I'm thriving.  Now I'm here it's good to be at all the training sessions.  It's a good team with a good social life - there are only positive things to say about it", she said.  

The 20-year-old has ambitions for her career.  "I hope to go forward in football.  I'm still young so I have to train a lot to improve.  Maybe I'll get in to the national team - that's the dream", said Elisabeth Aasli.

Andreas Kristoffer Berge http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=29044
Photos: http://www.vif-fotball.no/damelaget/article/ej2qgooys52k1p5gd15bdxsnx/title/bildegalleri-valerenga---medkila

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:40:59 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.