Author Topic: Donny target home Final  (Read 855 times)

Sylvain

Donny target home Final
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
John Buckley believes an FA Women's Cup Final at the Keepmoat is incentive for his players

Doncaster Rovers Belles v Bristol Academy
The FA Women's Cup
Fifth Round Proper
2pm, Sunday 17 March 2013
Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster Rovers FC
Winning clubs will receive £600 from The FA prize fund

With The Final of The FA Women's Cup being held at their Keepmoat Stadium, it would be a 'dream' for Doncaster Rovers Belles to go all the way this year.

Manager John Buckley said: "A lot of people say it's pressure, I think it's incentive.

"What a dream that would be to able to play at our home stadium if we could manage to get to The Final. But we have to take it one step at a time."

The next step is the visit of Bristol Academy in the Fifth Round on Sunday and Buckley knows it will not be easy for his side.

He added: "I think it will be very tough. Their manager Mark Sampson has proved himself to be very good at his job and he certainly knows what he's talking about."

Doncaster are relishing the competition, though, and Buckley is hopeful of progression.

He said: "We just can't wait for the game really, but we know it will be a tough, tough game.

"I'm sure that if they all play to their capability that we can probably get a result."

If they are to win, Doncaster will have to breach a defence led by Corinne Yorston that Buckley speaks very highly of.

He said: "Across the backline they are very strong. I like the girl Yorston who plays for them, I think she's a super player."

Bristol will also pose a strong attacking threat, with new signing Natalia Teresa Pablos Sanchon, who manager Mark Sampson has likened to Swansea star Michu, hoping to make an instant impact for her new side.

Fifth Round draw in full

Sunderland v Manchester City
Aston Villa v Liverpool
Doncaster Rovers Belles v Bristol Academy
Cardiff City v Birmingham City
Nottingham Forest v Arsenal
Oxford United v Everton
Lincoln Ladies v Chelsea
Leeds United v Yeovil Town

http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFAWomensCup/NewsandFeatures/2013/fifth-round-doncaster-rovers-belles-bristol-academy.aspx