Author Topic: Turbine Potsdam 2013-14  (Read 19732 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Turbine Potsdam 4 Essen 0
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
Turbine Potsdam were looking for revenge on Saturday after their defeat in the cup competition earlier in the season by SGS Essen.

Trainer Bernd Schröder told the team that a lot was at stake and he expected a maximum effort in this round-8 match in the Frauenbundesliga.  He was hoping to close the three-point gap on FFC Frankfurt before Christmas, but Frankfurt also won their match and Potsdam remain in second place in the table.

For a long time their efforts on goal were thwarted by Anja Berger making her league debut as a keeper for Essen and producing a string of good saves from Potsdam's many chances in front of 1450 home supporters.  But after nearly half an hour of play the dam was breached by Ada Hegerberg taking an attacking pass from Alex Singer into the six-yard box and scoring the 1-0 goal.  "It was a great relief for all of us", said captain Stefanie Draws.  Potsdam took the single-goal lead in with them at half time.

Potsdam started the second half well aware that one goal would not be a safe margin against the visitors' powerful attack, and Pauline Bremer scored their second with a shot from an acute angle on the right in the 66th minute after a short pass by Asano Nagasato.  The third goal came ten minutes later from Nagasato when Antonia Göransson on the left directed a cross towards the far post.  

After that Essen made only infrequent attacks and substitute Genoveva Anonma was able to take the final score to 4-0 after a pass from Bremer on the right wing, three minutes from the end.  "We are very satisfied with this result", was Schröder's comment afterwards.      

http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314252&s=1314    

Highlights, good goals, good keeping as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ga0OxTs7XGs

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam - SGS Essen 4-0 (1-0), Match day 8, Karl-Liebknecht-Stadion, Potsdam, 21 December 2013
Spectators: 1450
Ref: Daniela Illing (Limbach-Oberfrohna)
Cards: none
Goals: 1-0 Hegerberg 29, 2-0 Bremer 66, 3-0 Nagasato 75, 4-0 Anonma 87.

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam (3-4-3):
Ann-Katrin Berger -
Singer, Draws, Kemme -
Bremer, Elsig (80 Cramer), Simic, Wälti -
Andonova (62 Nagasato), Hegerberg (74 Anonma), Göransson.

SGS Essen (4-4-2):
Anja Berger -
Klasen, Janssen, Martini, Ioannidou -
Dierkes (72 Sahlmann), Ostermeier, Mester, Doorsoun (87 Schüller) -
Dallmann, Hartmann (79 Gier).

http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314252&s=1314
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:50:51 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: Turbine Potsdam 2013-14
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 04:14:58 PM »
Maren Mjelde ill?

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
Maren Mjelde ill?
. . either that or ruthless team selection by Schröder who has a row of stars on the bench every match.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
DFB-Hallenpokal
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »
Turbine Potsdam about to start the Final of this annual new-year indoor tournament - against Frankfurt.
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  
Turbine Potsdam won the tournament today, beating Frankfurt 6-5 in the Final.  The game went to penalties with the score 1-1 at full time.
Highlights of the tournament: http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=6909
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:00:12 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Turbine Potsdam win indoor tournament
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
Turbine Potsdam won the yearly indoor tournament in Magdeburg for the second year running.  4634 spectators turned out to watch the DFB Hallenpokal tournament, a one-day event that has been played 20 times now, with the matches lasting for 12 minutes, one way.

Turbine started badly losing their first two group matches to Essen and Leverkusen.  They went on to beat Sindelfingen 6-0 and qualified as the best 3rd-placed team.  Maren Mjelde and Ada Hegerberg were competing for Turbine Potsdam.  

Nora Holstad Berge was there for Bayern Munich and the southern club started well with a 3-0 win over Freiburg, but then lost to Wolfsburg and drew with Duisburg, but they went through in second place from their group.

Having scraped through from the group Turbine had a tough meeting with Jena in the quarter-finals, but after an even match it was Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg who sent them forward to the semis.  In another quarter-final Leverkusen took the lead over Wolfsburg but Lena Goeßling equalised three seconds later.  The match went to penalties and Wolfsburg missed one of them and went out.  In their quarter-final Bayern Munich lost 0-3 to Frankfurt.

In the semis Turbine had a difficult start when Leverkusen scored after half a minute, but Ada Hegerberg equalised immediately with a good goal.  Leverkusen went ahead again but with three quick goals Turbine managed to win 4-3.  In the other semifinal Frankfurt had a 2-0 win over Hoffenheim with goals by Peggy Kuzniks.

In the final Frankfurt celebrated first when Meike Weber scored after three minutes.  Potsdam competed but could not find a goal.  They had most of the ball but were unable to score until the end of the match.  Things changed when Hegerberg hit the crossbar, and then Jennifer Zietz placed the ball into the far top corner of the goal from distance, assisted by Mjelde.  There were no more goals and the match went to penalties, decided on a best-of-three basis.

Maren Mjelde had a chance to win the tournament with Potsdam's third spot-kick but she blasted the ball over, allowing Frankfurt to equalise after having missed one.  After that there were no mistakes and Mjelde sank her second attempt.  When Jennifer Marozan placed her kick wide for Frankfurt Turbine Potsdam were the winners 6-5.  

Q-finals:
Jena - Potsdam: 2-3
Wolfsburg - Leverkusen: 1-1 (2-3 on penalties)
Essen - Hoffenheim: 0-1
Frankfurt - Bayern München 3-0

Semifinals:
Potsdam - Leverkusen 4-3
Hoffenheim - Frankfurt 0-2

Final:
Potsdam - Frankfurt 1-1 (5-4 in the penalty shootout).

Prizes:
Best keeper: Lisa Schmitz (Leverkusen)
Top scorer: Linda Dallmann (Essen)
Best player: Dzsenifer Maroszan (Frankfurt)
Fair Play team: BV Cloppenburg  
Video highlights: http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=6909

Andreas Kristoffer Berge http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27188

Turbine Potsdam squad: Ann-Katrin Berger, Gudbjörg Gunnarsdóttir, Stefanie Draws, Jennifer Zietz, Julia Simic, Pauline Bremer, Tabea Kemme, Asano Nagasato, Ada Hegerberg, Genoveva Anonma, Maren Mjelde, Antonia Göransson.
Full results and scorers: http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314264&s=1314
Goals: Zietz 5, Hegerberg 4, Draws 4, Mjelde 3, Kemme, Anonma, Göransson, Simic, Bremer, Nagasato.  In the final Gudbjörg Gunnarsdóttir saved a penalty in the shootout.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:02:13 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
International Turbine Hallencup
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »
This 2-day tournament has been under way over the weekend and Turbine Potsdam will shortly play the Final against Brøndby from Copenhagen.  In the losing semifinalists' match Neulengbach took bronze with a 4-0 win over Glasgow City.

Andreas Kristoffer Berge www.fotballmagasinet.no.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:25 PM »
Turbine Potsdam won the tournament, 5-0 in the Final.  Videos: http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/turbinetv.php
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:41:17 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Internationaler Turbine Hallencup - results
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 09:19:59 AM »
Turbine Potsdam won the Internationaler Turbine Hallencup on Sunday, beating Brøndby 5-0 in the Final.

Fotballmagasinet was there, and here is a summary.  There were eight teams from eight countries taking part, divided into two groups.  Each team played the other three in the group twice, with the first four matches on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.  Matches were played one-way for 12 minutes.  The top two from each group went to the semis.  In the knockout matches, which were 15 minutes one-way, any draw would be settled by five penalties from each side.  Last year was the first time this competition took place, and it was won by Brøndby, with Turbine Potsdam with three Norwegian players taking second place.

This time the teams were: FC Honka Espoo (FIN), NöSV Neulengbach (AUT), BSC Young Boys Bern (SWI), Glasgow City FC (SCO) in Group A, and Turbine Potsdam (GER), MTK Hungária (HUN), Brøndby IF (DEN), AC Sparta Praha (CZE) in Group B.

Nina Burger of Neulengbach scored the tournament's first goal in the 5-1 win over FC Honka Espoo.  Turbine's first goal came from Ada Hegerberg as the Germans won their first match 3-0, which they followed up with a 3-1 win.  Last year's champions, Brøndby, also won their first two matches.  Then came the interesting match, Turbine v Brøndby.  The Danes scored first but Turbine came back strongly and eventually won 4-2.  Hegerberg scored one goal.  After that Turbine won 4-0 over MTK to lead the group with 12 points.

In Group A Neulengbach took the lead, ahead of Glasgow City on goal-difference.  MTK did not score at all on Saturday.  On Sunday the favourites won their matches although Honka came close to beating Glasgow City.  Turbine beat Sparta Praha 2-1 and then had to meet Brøndby again.  Julia Simic scored early for Turbine and Hegerberg scored the 4-0 goal at the end.

In the semifinals Turbine played Glasgow while Brøndby played Neulengbach.  Brøndby won a very tough match but Turbine's win over Glasgow was relatively easy.  In the Final Turbine managed another win over Brøndby with Hegerberg scoring the last goal for a 5-0 win to scenes of jubilation from the 2000 spectators.  In the bronze final Neulengbach beat Glasgow City 3-1.

Andreas Kristoffer Berge
Article with full results: http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27224
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Simic better than ever after injury
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »
Julia Simic spoke at the weekend about her difficult time with injury, her change of club and the International Hallen Cup tournament.

"It was a lot of fun.  It was my first Hallen Cup on the home pitch, so a very fine experience", the 24-year-old told Fotballmagasinet.  Turbine won the two-day event without losing a match.  "We started well - we scored a lot of goals and it was easy to get into it", she said.

It was no surprise when last year's champions, Brøndby from Copenhagen, were Turbine's hardest opponents again this year.  This time it was Turbine who walked away the winners after a 5-0 performance against the Danes in the Final.  "There were many good teams, especially Brøndby, who I think were the toughest to meet, but I think we managed very well", said Simic.  Two weeks ago Turbine also won the DFB Hallen Cup, Simic's first title with Turbine.  "It was a bit different.  We struggled to get into it but we got there in the end", she said.

Simic came to Potsdam in the summer from Bayern Munich.  "When my contract finished they wanted to extend it but after nine years I wanted to try something new.  Turbine looked very interesting and it was an honour when Bernd Schröder asked me to come to Potsdam.  I decided to change something in my football career, and also Turbine is a very good international team", she said.

After a strong win over Olympique Lyonnais Turbine are still in the Champions League.  Simic rates that highly.  "It was the high point of my first half-year", she said, praising the fans.  "They are fantastic.  So many people watch us, at matches but also in training sometimes.  For me it's a big honour because in Munich and other places it can be different in women's football clubs".

It has not been an easy road for the charming 24-year-old from Fürth in Southern Germany.  At her first training session with the national team in 2011 she suffered a left cruciate ligament injury and was out for seven months.  She made a comback in the Bundesliga but after only ten days the same left ACL was torn again and she faced another half year out.  This time the injury was a bit less serious and she came back more quickly.  "I was injured for almost two years, a difficult period for me.  I played seven minutes over two years, so it was very tough".

But she had support.  "Friends, family, the doctors and physios all supported me.  I learned a lot about myself and had a lot of work to do on the mental side as well.  It wasn't easy and it took a long time, but it's huge fun to be able to play again", she said.  "I love football now and I think I love playing more now than before I was injured".

Now she is back and was able to show her brilliance at times in the Potsdam tournament.  Simic says she is best as the queen of assists, but at the weekend she scored four goals as well including one in the Final.  "It's always a high point when you score, but I am more a player who sets up goals.  But I really like scoring as well, so maybe I can score a few more now", she said.

Working in partnership with Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg she laid on a few goals for the Norwegian, and she gets on well with her teammates from northern parts.  "I like them (Maren Mjelde and Ada Hegerberg) very much, on and off the pitch.  I think we play well together and are improving with every match", said Julia Simic.                  

Andreas Kristoffer Berge
Article and photos: http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27238
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:58:34 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Bayern Munich 1 Turbine 2
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »
FC Bayern München - 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam 1-2 (1-1), Round 11, Stadion Grünwalder Straße, München, Feb. 23 2014  
Spectators: 1320
Ref: Christine Baitinger (Magstadt)
Yellow card: Julia Simic
Red card: Cross
Goals: 1-0 Lewandowski 8, 1-1 Hegerberg 20, 1-2 Evans 49.

FC Bayern München:
Längert -
Maier, Lewandowski, Holstad, Cross -
Feiersinger, Beckmann (72 Baunach), Romert, Schnaderbeck, Bürki (83 Rudelic) -
Hagen.

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam:
Gunnarsdottir -
Mjelde, Draws, Kemme -
Bremer (46 Zietz), Elsig, Simic (70 Cramer), Wälti -
Evans, Hegerberg, Anonma (83 Nagasato).

http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314331&s=1314

See Turbine v Jena on Saturday March 1st, 13.00 CET, at http://tv.dfb.de/live/index.php?live=420
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:27:22 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
USV Jena v Turbine Potsdam
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
FF USV Jena v 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam 0-2 (0-1), Round 12, Ernst Abbe Sportsfeld, 01-03-2014
Yellow card: Cramer
Goals: 0-1 Simic 4, 0-2 Anonma 56.

Turbine:
Gunnarsdottir -
Mjelde, Draws, Kemme -
Zietz, Elsig, Simic, Cramer -
Evans, Hegerberg (Andonova 84), Göransson (Anonma 46).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:59:14 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
CL Quarter Final
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
Torres-Potsdam in the quarter final of the CL, Sunday March 23 at 15.00.

Wednesday's league match:  
MSV Duisburg - 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam 0-4 (0-4), PCC-Stadium, Duisburg/Homburg, 19 March 2014, 15:30
Spectators: 415
Ref: Daniela Illing
Yellow card: Weichelt (75, Foul on Nagasato)
Goals: 0-1 Simic 8, 0-2 Simic 13, 0-3 Nagasato 30, 0-4 Elsig 42.

MSV Duisburg:
Petersen -
Weichelt, Neboli, Costa (46 Himmighofen), Wahlen -
Jacome, B. Müller -
Oster, Nati, Tarczynska (46 Schenk) -
Sundov (85 Pozerska).

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam:
Gunnarsdottir -
Mjelde, Draws, Kemme -
Bremer, Elsig (76 Cramer), Simic, Wälti -
Evans (62 Andonova), Anonma, Nagasato (76 Göransson).

www.turbine-potsdam.de
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:04:08 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Turbine big win in CL ¼-final
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »
ASD Torres CF - 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam 0-8 (0-4), Champions League, quarter-final, Stadio Vanni Sanna, 23-03-2014
Spectators: 300
Ref: Cristina Dorcioman (Romania)
Yellow cards: Panico, Simic, Elsig
Goals: 0-1 o/g 2, 0-2 Wälti 27, 0-3 Bremer 28, 0-4 Simic 44, 0-5 Simic 53, 0-6 Anonma 54, 0-7 Elsig 78, 0-8 Evans 79.

ASD Torres CF:
Thalmann -
Bartoli, Tona (Capt.) (68 Piacezzi), Motta -
Domenichetti (76 Galli), Maendly, Tucceri Cimini -
Ianella, Gisladottir -
Marchese (57 Stracchi), Panico.

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam:
Gunnarsdottir -
Mjelde, Draws (capt.), Kemme -
Bremer, Elsig (81 Cramer), Simic (61 Andonova), Wälti -
Evans, Anonma, Nagasato (82 Zietz).

0-8 creates a good position for the return leg at the Karl-Liebknecht-Stadium in Potsdam next Sunday the 30th at 13.00.

http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314375&s=1314
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:49:04 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Turbine into CL semis
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »
Ada Hegerberg was back in form after her injury, played the second half and scored two goals.  Turbine Potsdam are through 12-1 on aggregate.

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam - ASD Torres CF 4-1 (2-0), CL ¼-Final, Karl-Liebknecht-Stadion, Potsdam, 30-03-2014
Spectators: 2830
Ref: Gyöngyi Gaal, Hungary
Yellow cards: Bremer, Tucceri Cimini
Goals: 1-0 Nagasato 38, 2-0 Wälti 43, 2-1 Domenichetti 49, 3-1 Hegerberg 54, 4-1 Hegerberg 85.

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam:
Berger -
Zietz, Draws, Kemme (70 Göransson) -
Bremer, Mjelde, Wälti, Cramer -
Evans, Nagasato (46 Hegerberg), Anonma (70 Andonova).

ASD Torres CF:
Criscione -
Tucceri Cimini, Motta, Tona, Bartoli (80 Piacezzi) -
Stracchi (75 Marchese) -
Maendly, Domenichetti -
Gisladóttir (55 Galli), Panico, Iannella.

http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314384&s=1314
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:48:52 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Turbine Potsdam - VfL Wolfsburg 0-0 in CL semifinal
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
1. FFC Turbine Potsdam - VfL Wolfsburg 0-0, UEFA Women's Champions League, Semifinal 1st leg, Karl-Liebknecht-Stadion, Potsdam, 19-04-2014
Spectators: 5110
Ref: Efthalia Mitsi, Greece
Yellow card: Elsig, Popp, Bunte

1. FFC Turbine Potsdam (3-4-3):
Berger -
Mjelde, Draws, Kemme -
Bremer, Elsig, Simic, Wälti (78 Cramer) -
Anonma (70 Nagasato), Hegerberg (85 Göransson), Evans.

VfL Wolfsburg (4-4-2):
Schult -
Wensing, Fischer, Henning, Bunte -
Blässe (70 Pohlers), Keßler, Goeßling (90 Odebrecht), Faißt (79 Damnjanovic) -
Popp, Müller.

www.turbine-potsdam.de
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Decisive semifinal today
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 04:59:05 AM »
The second leg of the Champions League semifinal will decide whether Wolfsburg or Turbine Potsdam will go to the Final in Lisbon.  Last weekend they played a goalless draw at Potsdam.  Preview on Turbine-TV with interviews: http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314434&s=1314
Sunday: Wolfsburg v Turbine Potsdam 17.15 (16.15 UK).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:09:32 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
Turbine vice captain Tabea Kemme shows her other face in her day job: http://www.turbine-potsdam.de/newsmeldung.php?id=1314468&s=1314

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:58:46 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 07:35:20 PM »
A German traffic warden! I suppose somebody has to do it.