Author Topic: Hello and Seeking Volunteers  (Read 1601 times)

Offline katy

• View Profile
Hello and Seeking Volunteers
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
Hi, I hope it's okay with the mods to post this as my first topic. 

I am a post-graduate student at the University of Liverpool, and am currently undertaking research into women’s football.  I am in the process of planning a series of interviews regarding the past and present experiences of female football players in the north west of England.  I am keen to get as broad an age range as possible, from over-18 women who played between the 1970s and beginning of the 1990s, to players who are presently still active.  I am seeking to build up a series of interviews that will give me a picture of the extent to which the women’s game has changed over the cited period from the 1970s to the present day, with regard to development and playing opportunities and to the reception and attitudes towards women’s football.  As a longer term plan, I intend to produce this research as a book, as such, I am looking for female football players to take part in a series of one-to-one interviews and would be pleased if you would contact me.  I would happily send a series of questions in advance if there are willing volunteers.  I am happy to travel and will be looking for around 20 participants.

I am seeking to begin interviews in the new year, and if you require further information, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. I would be pleased if any current players or ex-players would be willing to take part.

Thanks in advance

Kate