Author Topic: FCB v Arsenal to be shown live  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
FCB v Arsenal to be shown live
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:31:44 PM »
Steph Houghton has just tweeted this game is to be shown live on FC Barcelona's YouTube channel @ 6pm.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/feminine/detail/article/fcb-women-s-team-champions-league-debut-to-be-streamed-live
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

AC-FC

Re: FCB v Arsenal to be shown live
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
that is such a pity, as I won't be home in time to catch it but appreciate the heads-up.

I like that the men Barca players are supporting the girls...its good to see Puyol in the team picture on the link....

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
No probs ;)

I might even watch it myself, got to be better than Emmerdale   :P
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
1-0 Gooners half time but Barca must be wondering how they're 1-0 down tbh. Arsenal were chasing shadows for most of that half.

One noticeable difference between the two teams is Arsenals delivery from set pieces, like the corner they scored from. Waaay better than FCB.

I'll be very surprised though if FCB don't score in the second half.

AC-FC

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
After a mad dash home got time to see last 25 minutes or so - arsenal in total control and barca won't score- the Spanish crowd must be watching the same link at home -

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
Yes, they are now. To be fair i posted that at half time after they battered you in the first half for 30 mins before you scored from a great delivered corner. Arsenal hardly saw the ball! Then the early goal by "our" Jordan early in the 2nd half knocked the wind out of their sails ;)

Better finishing could have seen you 2 or 3 down and you're looking at a completely different game. Arsenal rode out the storm, scored then took control.

But i would watch the first 29 minutes to see how much Barca were in control before you get too cocky lol ;)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:55:25 PM by Mackem Steve »

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
I must be watching a repeat, sloppy passing,and an easy time on the ball for arsenal.
Poor defending from the opposition.
Nobbs good goal . but no spark yet.
It must get better, please.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »
Aye, they were showing a repeat (highlights) straight after the game, is it still showing?

To back up what i said above i counted 3 very good chances from FCB then a few very good chances even when they went 1-0 down. Arsenal had 1 shot before they scored which was screwed wide.

I'm not insulting Arsenal i wanted them to win, i'm just pointing out FCB were very good, at least for half an hour  :D