Author Topic: JT  (Read 1774 times)

AC-FC

JT
« on: September 25, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Whatever we think of JT and all his alleged mis- demeanors in the past, I agree with him that the FA made his position untenable. The Anton Ferdinand issue has been sorted in a legal court and they had the option to leave it there and get on with their 'life'. But no, they chose to persue him and as such have lost a footballer who still has a lot to offer and is arguably still the best in his postion. Woe-betide England if Hobson brings back 'past his sell-by date' Rio.......if JT has gone then hopefully we'll see lescott/jagielka/Cahill..in situ.....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:06:22 PM by AC-FC »

49yardtapin

Re: JT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »
The FA were due to have their own inquiry anyway, then a member of the public made a complaint and it went to the Law Courts. As such the FA could not then have their own enquiry until court proceedings had finished.

Whether the punishment is correct or not from the Fa is a matter of much debate. However he used those words (though whether it was a repeat of anothers use of those words is again a debate based on Terry's view) on the field of play and for me at least that is misconduct charge. Though how Ferdinand has got away with using those words which Terry has been charged with apprently repeating is worth looking at.

If a member of the police service (for example) had to go to court they would then also face a work diciplinary. So yes the FA were right to hold an enquiry particularly as it was due to do so before the courts became involved.

AC-FC

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
I hope the  sweet FA will persue Ferdinand in the same way and make him face an enquiry..if JT says he repeated what Ferdinand said to him, then in the duty of fairness, they should have another enquiry....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:13:43 PM by AC-FC »

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
You're right he's a great player, but in the end if your ego is more important than service to your country perhaps you weren't the ideal leader anyway.

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
he did a great job for england, i was pretty scathing of his attitude and thought him uncaring and selfish.
i then found out that he bailed out the chelsea ladies team, definitely warmed towards him then.

49yardtapin

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
I hope the  sweet FA will persue Ferdinand in the same way and make him face an enquiry..if JT sats he repeated what Ferdinand said to him, then in the duty of fairness, they should have another enquiry....

Very true, as the FA have fined for the language used on the pitch so Ferdinand should face some censure.

Isn't he 'Life President' of Chelsea Ladies?

AC-FC

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
You're right he's a great player, but in the end if your ego is more important than service to your country perhaps you weren't the ideal leader anyway.

I dont think its a question of ego - if you were wrongly accussed of something you didnt do- you would fight your corner....or would you just lie down and take it?

I dont know JT, so cant judge him but would like to think that he would have held his hands up and come clean if he had actually been guilty as charged.

Why is the FA different to the legal system?.....someone somewhere is not doing their job properly.....to arrive at such different conclusions...

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
How someone reacts has nothing to do with their guilt or innocence.  Like I said I think he's a great player but if you're cavalier and reckless enough to use that kind of language you shouldn't wear the England armband.  The ideal leader is the type of man or woman who would do whatever it takes to lead England.

AC-FC

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
People will make up their own minds but as the FA verdict came after the Court Case, guilty will be uppermost the outcome - interesting to know if the FA case came first how that would make people think . For me, the court case carries more weight over the self appointed FA suits -