Author Topic: FA Women's Cup 2012-13  (Read 33436 times)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
Re: FA Women's Cup 2012-13
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
Hard not to see Liverpool making the Final for me, Sunderland are physical and dont play a great deal through midfield and while they are effective when they come up against quality such as Liverpool can see them coming unstuck.

FA hoping for an Arsenal / Liverpool showdown?
having watched liverpool play against villa, i would reckon on them getting to the final, they seem to have a midfield who hold  the ball well in midfield, and didnt seem to hoof the ball.
in fact the only real long balls went right and left channel.

49yardtapin

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »
No you're right, he didn't imply it, he said it. He said they had a big squad.

As for the rest of your post, i'm not sure whether you're praising Sunderland or slating them... it's hard to tell  :P

Er he was talking about Chelsea. Of course I have respect for Sunderland but I just say waht I see, best collection of players in that division, with one of the hottest property forwards in Beth Mead. But i've seen them three times now and I have seen them play very direct football at times. Shown last year when they got knocked out by B'ham, To be honest not a fan of Brum either, another very direct team.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
Ahhhh ok, my apologies. See, my lack of knowledge of the SL coming back to bite me in the arse  :)

And i agree with what you say, we are very direct, but we just play to our strengths and it works well with the pace we have in the side with Sophie Williams and Kiera Ramshaw on the wings and Beth Mead upfront. And Rachel Furness in midfield who is a great passer of the ball.

Of course, Liverpool are a class above and i can't see us getting past them either, but stranger things have happened... just ask Arsenal  ;)

The game has been switched to the Academy of Light as apposed to the Hetton Centre as well, which i think will suite Liverpool more as the pitch will be a lot better.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
The FA Women’s Cup
Sixth Round Proper draw
Ties to take place on Sunday 31 March 2013
Winning clubs will receive £1,000 from The FA prize fund

The Gunners' trip to Forest on Sunday was postponed while David Parker's charges defeated Cardiff 3-1.

FA Women’s Premier League National Division leaders Sunderland will host FA WSL club Liverpool, while Leeds face their first WSL opponents in the shape of Lincoln.

Bristol Academy will face either Oxford United or Everton on April 14th, following the completion of their postponed tie.

Nottingham Forest will now take on Arsenal on Sunday 24 March while Oxford will entertain Everton on Sunday 31 March.

Draw in full

Nottingham Forest or Arsenal v Birmingham City
Bristol Academy v Oxford United or Everton
Sunderland v Liverpool
Lincoln Ladies v Leeds United

Oxford United have now moved the date of their delayed 5th round match to EASTER SATURDAY 30TH March at 4pm.

AC-FC

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »
it doesnt matter where they play it - there will only be one winner...

Arsenal to win the Cup again for sure but I wont trek all the way up there to watch the final...

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »

Arsenal to win the Cup again for sure but I wont trek all the way up there to watch the final...

birmingham won the fa  cup last time, arsenal were not in the final
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:04:48 PM by bilbobaggins »

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »

This coming from someone talking about Arsenal as if they've already won the Cup even though they've got 3 games to play before that's possible. The same person who took Aston Villa to beat Liverpool in the last round and spouts the most biased drivvel on the forum.

Nah, i don't think i'll take your opinion seriously. If it had been one of the others fair enough, but not you  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

AC-FC

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »
I do believe that Arsenal has a history of winnng the Cup in the past, check out the record books, and so am entitled to think that as the only team to have won the WSL  that they might have more than a fair chance of winning the Cup back from Brum - I am sure they will see off Forest, don't think anyone would dispute that and Brum will be tough but again Arsenal should edge that one - of course I am biased ,Arsenal is my team and who would expect me to say that they won't win it when they have a better chance than most of the teams still in it -  football is all about opinions , we all have them and on here I try not to slate any reasonable thinking football fans-

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:44:58 PM by AC-FC »

Sylvain

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
Do the game gets reversed at the 2nd or 3rd postponement ?

Sylvain

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
Forest v Arsenal postponed again.

Sylvain

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 08:01:14 AM »
Big day for Oxford United Ladies. 4pm kick-off v Everton.
Unfortunately for them Everton have hit the ground running as seen last week, so it should be a comfortable routine win like 4 or 5-1. I am sure they will score one as Brown in goal always drops or miskick one ball a game.

Sylvain

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Oh well, Oxford 0 Everton 7

Sylvain

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
Sunderland 1 Liverpool 2
Lincoln 4 Leeds 0
Forest 0 Arsenal 7

No surprise at all this week-end. Only WSL side remaining in the hat, probably thanks to their entering late in the competiton.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2013, 06:51:45 PM »
Sunderland were unlucky by all accounts. Goal bound shot cleared off the line by some great last ditch defending, hit the post twice in the second half through a Sarah McFadden free kick and a Beth Mead shot from the edge of the area, then a "possible" (i say it like that as it will or won't have been depending what side you're on :D) handball leading to Liverpool's winning goal in the last few minutes.

Very proud of the girls, i know it's only one game but i'm convinced we could be competitive in the WSL. Well done to the lasses  :-*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:05:28 PM by Mackem Steve »

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
 Training makes good players great. Sunderland  have always been a good team.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »
Training makes good players great. Sunderland  have always been a good team.

Aye, and if Mick Mulhern pushes them and is as demanding in training as he is during a game you can see why we are. He pushes younger players that are already very good, but gets the very best out of them. I was watching Jordan Nobbs when she was only just 17 and you knew she was something special, yet there was Mick on the sidelines screaming at her, always demanding more lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:19:56 PM by Mackem Steve »

Sylvain

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
Arsenal v Birmingham on Tuesday the 9th of April at Bishop Stortford 7.30 pm

Offline Soccermom

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
Why is the match being held at Bishop Stortford? 

Sylvain

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »
Borehamwood are at home on the day.

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:35 PM »
so its arsenal drawn at home, should give an indication of the season to come. :-\