Author Topic: FA Women's Cup 2012-13  (Read 14610 times)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
Re: FA Women's Cup 2012-13
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »
Have you put £2.00 on Liverpool losing?.

Sylvain

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:32 AM »
Have you put £2.00 on Liverpool losing?.
Might put a bet on Oxford winning  ;D

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »
i will not now be going to the villa liverpool match on sunday, i expect villa to remain in their own half ( though they have some cracking players) .
this will be (to me)  the main indicator of the wsl 2013 results.

ps, guys i still have the paper hat, if i am wrong i will eat it.

edited as plans changed dam*
i will be going edited again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:09:35 PM by bilbobaggins »

Sylvain

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
Forest v Arsenal postponed and to be played next week.
Aston Villa pitch inspection tomorrow morning.

Sylvain

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »
So Oxford Everton should be 0-5 but I can see a 1-0 goal from Stanley from a dropped ball by Dracula, with Cox and Osbourne-Ricketts both player of the  match  ;D

Sylvain

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
Oxford v Everton just called off. 2 games out of 8 gone already.

Offline tino

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
Aston Villa 0-5 Liverpool - Williams x3, Fors (pen), Dowie
Cardiff 1-3 Birmingham - Williams x3. Not sure of the scorer for Cardiff
Doncaster 0-2 Bristol - Yorsten, Heatherson
Lincoln 1-0 Chelsea - Clarke
Leeds 4-0 Yeovil - Huegett x2, Lipman, Sharp
Sunderland 4-0 Man City - Mead x2, Williams, Bannon
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:21:40 PM by tino »

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
liverpool were very strong in midfield, and at keeping the ball.
decostas short passing in midfield was a joy to watch and the speed of attack nearly ovewhelmed villa.
the liverpool defence didnt get tested as much as i thought it would, so only a few liverpool weaknesses spotted.
villa put an immense effort into fighting off wave after wave of liverpool attacks and at times dowie was beaten to the ball by a very determined defense.
credit to both teams who finished very tired indeed.
oh, it was worth the two quid.

Sylvain

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 05:03:27 PM »
Results as expected except for Lincoln who beat Chelsea. Not a surprise though as The Imps have a good record against Chelsea.
Liverpool by 5, I was not for away with my 6-0 prediction.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
I wouldn't say our result was expected, i certainly didn't expect us to win that easy and by as many goals after seeing how good City were in the (called off) League game at the Hetton Centre.

But the score wasn't flattering to us in the end, we were very good today, when Sophie Williams is hot she's HOT! Was a thorn in their side down the left, i don't think she put in a bad cross all game, and put in the cross for Beth Mead's diving header as well as scoring a great goal from the left edge of the box into the near top corner.

Home draw tomorrow please then a semi-final played at the Stadium of Light maybe?  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
I certainly expected you to win by 2 or 3  ;)

The defeat is gonna put some pressure on Emma Hayes to deliver results with such a big investment in the team. You do wonder how they ended up with Blundell and Muya on the bench when they have such a big squad. I thought they would have had more senior players available.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
You have more faith in my team than i do ;)

I thought we may win, but probably not as well as we did in the end. We had 3 or 4 players missing as well but we've got some great young players and fringe players that come in and do a good job.

As for City, not sure where it leaves them, but they definitely should be doing better with the players they have.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
You have more faith in my team than i do ;)

I thought we may win, but probably not as well as we did in the end. We had 3 or 4 players missing as well but we've got some great young players and fringe players that come in and do a good job.

As for City, not sure where it leaves them, but they definitely should be doing better with the players they have.
City will have a good team in WSL 1 or  2  ;)

49yardtapin

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 09:40:05 PM »
The City team has not changed much since they nearly beat you in January and narrowly lost 3-2 to you at home nor since the previous season where they lost again 4-0. Reading the match report seems like they failed trying to find the final ball.

As ever with most teams it's about consistency, they're mid table so obviously not that consistent? Not sure what you mean about the players they've got? Still are only playing in their first season in the National division, should imagine a Liverpool style overhaul of players if in WSL 1 and or a bit part shake up if in WSL 2.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 10:05:04 PM »
The City team has not changed much since they nearly beat you in January and narrowly lost 3-2 to you at home nor since the previous season where they lost again 4-0. Reading the match report seems like they failed trying to find the final ball.

As ever with most teams it's about consistency, they're mid table so obviously not that consistent? Not sure what you mean about the players they've got? Still are only playing in their first season in the National division, should imagine a Liverpool style overhaul of players if in WSL 1 and or a bit part shake up if in WSL 2.

Tbh i don't have much knowledge of the MCLFC team, and my answer was speculation to Sylvain implying they had a big squad, and if that's true then maybe they should be doing better than they currently are.

We don't have a big squad, but Mick Mulhern seems to be able to bring players from the reserves into the first team and get the best out of them. We had 3 or 4 first team regulars out today as well, but still won comfortably in the end.

49yardtapin

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
When did he imply they had a big squad?

Sunderland are the top side in the division, have had a stable COE prior to recent events and pretty much have the pick of the players in the North East so they should bea very good side. You only have to look at recent results of the league and also games I have watched to know that the National is allo about consistancy and as a lot of these teams aren't full time some find it difficult.

I watch Cov v City in the FA Cup and saw Cov lay down and die in front of City, no effort, passion committment. However this same team went up and nearly took points off Sunderland.

Seeing the stats they City produce in fact this recent game against Sunderland yeilded more opportunities than they created agaisnt them in January.

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
The FA Women’s Cup
Sixth Round Proper draw
Ties to take place on Sunday 31 March 2013
Winning clubs will receive £1,000 from The FA prize fund

The Gunners' trip to Forest on Sunday was postponed while David Parker's charges defeated Cardiff 3-1.

FA Women’s Premier League National Division leaders Sunderland will host FA WSL club Liverpool, while Leeds face their first WSL opponents in the shape of Lincoln.

Bristol Academy will face either Oxford United or Everton on April 14th, following the completion of their postponed tie.

Nottingham Forest will now take on Arsenal on Sunday 24 March while Oxford will entertain Everton on Sunday 31 March.

Draw in full

Nottingham Forest or Arsenal v Birmingham City
Bristol Academy v Oxford United or Everton
Sunderland v Liverpool
Lincoln Ladies v Leeds United

AC-FC

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
The FA Women’s Cup
Sixth Round Proper draw
Ties to take place on Sunday 31 March 2013
Winning clubs will receive £1,000 from The FA prize fund

The Gunners' trip to Forest on Sunday was postponed while David Parker's charges defeated Cardiff 3-1.

FA Women’s Premier League National Division leaders Sunderland will host FA WSL club Liverpool, while Leeds face their first WSL opponents in the shape of Lincoln.

Bristol Academy will face either Oxford United or Everton on April 14th, following the completion of their postponed tie.

Nottingham Forest will now take on Arsenal on Sunday 24 March while Oxford will entertain Everton on Sunday 31 March.

Draw in full                                                                     My tips

Nottingham Forest or Arsenal v Birmingham City               Arsenal
Bristol Academy v Oxford United or Everton                      Bristol
Sunderland v Liverpool                                                    Sunderland
Lincoln Ladies v Leeds United                                           Lincoln

49yardtapin

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Hard not to see Liverpool making the Final for me, Sunderland are physical and dont play a great deal through midfield and while they are effective when they come up against quality such as Liverpool can see them coming unstuck.

FA hoping for an Arsenal / Liverpool showdown?

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »
No you're right, he didn't imply it, he said it. He said they had a big squad.

As for the rest of your post, i'm not sure whether you're praising Sunderland or slating them... it's hard to tell  :P