Author Topic: COE new season  (Read 3225 times)

madmix

COE new season
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
So its a few weeks from the start of the COE season...hows everyone pre season gone etc

Offline mimo38

• View Profile
Re: COE new season
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
We are still on the individual summer training programs . We don't start back at training until the 28th August  :o.

We could also do with our matches being put on the full time league table , quite a few of the leagues seem to have theirs up but the North West still hasn't been updated.

madmix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
bit of late call back to start on the 28th ? when does ur league games kick of

Offline mimo38

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
1st league game on the 8th september . Last year we started back early/mid august but there was so many girls still on holiday it was difficult, so i think they decided to leave it till later this year .

Offline Banbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Friendly result - Man Utd 3 – Blackburn 6
Good match today played between two very good sides, Man U were leading 3 – 1 but in the last third of the match Blackburn really took control and produced some excellent football and closed out the game with some superb finishing

Offline Banbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
Friendly result - Liverpool 0 Blackburn Rovers 4

Offline socrates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »
"Arsenal 4 Blackburn 3
Sounds like Arsenal might not be the team to beat this season afterall. Apparently Blackburn play Villa in a few weeks so we might have a better idea of how good they might be after that one? I believe Arsenal beat Villa 2-1 the other week?" extract from "Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers" topic.

Friendly today:

Aston Villa 0 Blackburn Rovers 7. Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline quackers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
"Arsenal 4 Blackburn 3
Sounds like Arsenal might not be the team to beat this season afterall. Apparently Blackburn play Villa in a few weeks so we might have a better idea of how good they might be after that one? I believe Arsenal beat Villa 2-1 the other week?" extract from "Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers" topic.

Friendly today:

Aston Villa 0 Blackburn Rovers 7. Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting indeed!   And while England u17s crashed out of the UEFA championships not one player from Blackburn was involved.

LOIS, there is life North of the Watford Gap.  Just saying like.

Offline Footy Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Another good result for Blackburn, completely dominating the Villa team, shame there were no scouts watching. It is amazing that the current England team doesn't have any players from Blackburn and yet they, unlike England, seem to be producing such good results?
It does seem to make a mockery of the scouting system, but what do I know?

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
perhaps villa have lost their golden generation.

Offline Smiles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
Another good result for Blackburn, completely dominating the Villa team, shame there were no scouts watching. It is amazing that the current England team doesn't have any players from Blackburn and yet they, unlike England, seem to be producing such good results?
It does seem to make a mockery of the scouting system, but what do I know?

Villa had players missing who were with the current England team and that included the goalie and had an outfield player in goal, they had no subs against a full Blackburn squad.
Two of the Blackburn players were on standby for the England qualifiers.

Offline Footy Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »
I think that your comments clearly highlight our frustrations with the system. Please be assured that my comments are no means meant to be derogatory to Aston Villa, or any other team for that matter.
My point is that based on the U17 selection process the 'best players' within the Centre of Excellence system were on England duty. In the scouts opinion Blackburn don't currently have any players in this category, therefore the game should theoretically have be played on an equal basis.
My point is that the scouts do not look at the U17 players across the country with any regularity, therefore high quality players are clearly consistently being overlooked which makes the system significantly flawed and appears biased.

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
I understand Footyfan's point - but can anyone advise for sure where the U17 scouts are based? It was put to me that the Northernmost scout is based in Warwickshire; others are based South of there. Can anyone confirm / clarify this?

Sylvain

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »
I saw an England scout today at the Middlesex v Colchester game. He had a look at certain players.