Author Topic: Guaranteed CofE places  (Read 5481 times)

Offline BeautifulGame

• View Profile
Re: Guaranteed CofE places
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
Hoops - I may have missed the cryptic clues on this occasion but I think Fabregas is right that surely the time has come to start being a little more positive with regards to the COEs in general, and also his 2nd point that by the end of year two will be a fair time for accountability for each CoE. I also agree with Madmix in that developments have been shown elsewhere - I am sure that the late season improvements from Brighton U17 will be reinforced by an excellent u15 side last year.

With regard to the original post topic, I am not sure there is an easy answer. I don't know which CoE is being referred to, however I am sure that in general (just like the professional game) any coach wants the best players possible so conversations undoubtedly take place. The harder thing for all of us is that the commodities being acquired or cast aside are our daughters! There will always be favoured CoEs (just like the lure of Man City or Chelsea in the mens game) but this also has risks attached - just ask Wayne Bridge or Adam Johnson.

Here's looking forward to the new season...BTW - I've certainly heard of quite a more friendlies being arranged against sides from different regions which is also a very positive move.

madmix

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
Totally agree with the above. Those girls who continue in the game after coe and get accepted will be taking there places at those clubs who run college acdameys and a close look at the national college league and cups show that the reds and blues do not have the same hold in these leagues. In l and se league the parent support and turn out for matches is superb and banter with supporters is great all coes run different and managed different and lots if internal politics as the same in the men's game.. U will always get the my daughter should be in Coe etc etc and yes some girls do get missed at the younger age but pursue and I'm sure will get picked up..there is reasons why and I was that parent many times at a younger age but a quiet word with the centre told us why and we worked on it ..kept in touch. And voila next year we were offered a place..that's all I have to say .. Heres http a great season ahead.. May the weather hold .. And it would be great to get out and about with further a field freindlys from other leagues .. I would love our centre to play utd etc.. But always been told its a money issue for transport etc etc so we will see

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:45 PM »
Just a quick footnote to this one - had a chance conversation with one of the parents at this centre, who freely advised that the gist of the conversation was ...'don't go to that other centre (where you were last year), come to ours and well give you a place'. Some players attended the trials but trained seperately as had already been chosen.