Author Topic: End date for playing for club teams !  (Read 4070 times)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
Re: End date for playing for club teams !
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
superb result for you, i would like to say that the move up is usually  very daunting for most girls as they are suddenly not the very best (all peers) .
i hope you keep in contact with them and give them support.
good luck in the tournament.

ps c.o.e football between two matched teams is fantastic, but sometimes the games can be very easy if you are in a good centre.

Offline Cestria Galaxy fan

• View Profile
    • South Durham & Cestria match reports
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
I think a good gauge of the centres up here was our County u16's team. 2 players made it into squad from CoE. 11 from Cestria and a few from Nissan (another good grassroots team). Can't really speak for rest of country
@solar_concept for regular Twitter updates on scores, match reports etc

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
thats fantastic, obviously some coes dont have a county squad and cant guage themselves until college squads etc,  not all things are even,but as long as the girls enjoy it, then we keep on encouraging them.
i think that most  sportswomen have a more mature outlook on life, so we must be doing something right.

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »
the end of the tail is....after a very nice chat with a lady from Durham FA permission has been granted for the girls to play on sunday, she was very helpful and wants to bridge the gap betwwen clubs which she doesn't think has been there in the past ! happy bunny  ;D

So you had 8 players for a 7 a side team then? Why not recruit more then? Plan ahead for the future not just the present.

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 12:05:07 AM »
I think a good gauge of the centres up here was our County u16's team. 2 players made it into squad from CoE. 11 from Cestria and a few from Nissan (another good grassroots team). Can't really speak for rest of country

They were gauged well in the Northern Counties final certainly  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »

They were gauged well in the Northern Counties final certainly  ;)

Well Lancs had to beat us once after trying so many times ;-)

Must admit it was a poor season for the county side. After the year before winning the national and northern competitions with much the same players playing a year above themselves. So it was very surprising, although the management made some very strange tactical and selection decisions, playing girls in alien positions etc. I couldn't make the Northern Final but I heard they were poor and well beat. ;-)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:14:48 AM by Cestria Galaxy fan »

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Lancs have only been around 1 season before that  ;)

Think your being harsh- you can only be as good as the opposition let you be.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
Lancs have only been around 1 season before that  ;)

Think your being harsh- you can only be as good as the opposition let you be.

Not talking about the history of Durham or Lancashire. I'm on about the group of girls concerned in the last 2 seasons. This would be the case if Durham were formed last season.

As for your second point...you're obviously on a wind up but nevermind. I know the players involved and the selection and tactics involved that night and they didn't turn up. Lancs played well and deserved to win but our poor showing wasn't all to do with how well Lancs played. ;-)