Author Topic: CoE age banding  (Read 4286 times)

Offline interested

• View Profile
Re: CoE age banding
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Surely the goalkeeping coaches and the technical directors can use their experience to make those judgements and speak to the parents with the suggestions on a 1-1 basis.

Offline holmes

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
Yes parents are treated as an inconvenience, however theses children are minors and parents put the COE's in a position of trust, the COE's are fully accountable to the parents above anything else, they would do well to remember this fact, a full and open policy should be the way forward, the FA have no accountability at times and this also should be addressed also, if a policy decision is made then parents should be aware, most of the information is available on the FA website (search girls centre of excellence supporting documents)
All COE staff are paid, this money comes from the FA, local and parents, this means they are accountable
Yes many parents can be a pain in the arse if however you take away the parents, you take away the girls! You have no centre,no women's game.....

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
Got to say Ive never felt Ive been treated as an inconvenience but then again Ive tended to let the coaches get on with what they do best, coaching.  They dont need any input from me because they are a damned sight better at their job than I could ever be.

No Ive not always agreed with their decisions but in fairness the centre director has always taken the time to explain the reasoning behind them.

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
i can only say that any issues at our centre were resolved with a conversation, the coaches arent paid a huge sum, and whilst they are acountable, i suggest that mostly it is to the people who pay them and make the rules.
i also have to say that the social and physological aspects were brilliantly dealt with for the most part.