Author Topic: Glasgow City FC and BBC ALBA  (Read 5741 times)

AC-FC

Glasgow City FC and BBC ALBA
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:31:25 PM »
What an obsolute peach of a series BBC ALBA produced on Glasgow City FC. It was a fascinating insight to the life of an amateur footballer juggling work with playing/training and what impressed me the most was the hard work and professionalism shown by them and the management team , so much so you would not be far off if you actually thought they were a pro outfit already.

Although not on mainstream tv, I am convinced the series has raised the profile of not only GCFC but womens football in general and hope that ALBA can be persuaded to run Series 2.

My only issue is that Episode 5 did not make it onto Virginmedia catch up but all the others did. I managed to locate the missing episode from the ALBA website.

Well done Alba and well done Glasgow City FC.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
Re: Glasgow City FC and BBC ALBA
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
Ive heard a lot about it, didnt realise it was on virgin, I`ll take a look at this. Thanks.

AC-FC

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
I understand it's on iplayer up North, but I can't seem to get it down South - it's available online as well.....

Well worth a peep.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »
What an obsolute peach of a series BBC ALBA produced on Glasgow City FC. It was a fascinating insight to the life of an amateur footballer juggling work with playing/training and what impressed me the most was the hard work and professionalism shown by them and the management team , so much so you would not be far off if you actually thought they were a pro outfit already.

Although not on mainstream tv, I am convinced the series has raised the profile of not only GCFC but womens football in general and hope that ALBA can be persuaded to run Series 2.

My only issue is that Episode 5 did not make it onto Virginmedia catch up but all the others did. I managed to locate the missing episode from the ALBA website.

Well done Alba and well done Glasgow City FC.

Yes I had a problem with Episode 5 as well not only was it not on Virgin catch up but it wasn't on i player either strange really but probably finally get to it when they show it again on BBC2....

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

AC-FC

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Many congratulations to Glasgow City as they are named Glasgow Team of the year, an award they last won in 2008.The award is for all teams at any level at every sport amateur or professional, so is indeed a massive achievement for the club.

City, a totally amateur club were represented by Club Manager Laura Montgomery and Chairperson Cas Stewart  as the playing staff and coaches were busy training , its a tough job running a top club, so well done to all involved.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:59:11 PM by AC-FC »

AC-FC

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 11:15:38 PM »
Catch the re-run on ALBA or iplayer or virginmedia- it's not to be missed

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
Including Episode 5 presumably

AC-FC

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
is that where they get stuffed 150 - 0 by Potsdam....?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:10:13 AM by AC-FC »

AC-FC

Re: Glasgow City FC
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
well I hope Julie didnt play in the drubbing Kilwinning got at the week-end    :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: Glasgow City FC
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
well I hope Julie didnt play in the drubbing Kilwinning got at the week-end    :(

No she wasn't fit for the match which was a shame as I had the 2007 Women's Cup final programme along with me for her to sign,,,

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Evans in CL today
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
Glasgow City's Lisa Evans is in the Turbine Potsdam squad for their Champions League last-16 match against Olympique Lyonnaise this afternoon on Eurosport at 14.45.
Alltid. Uansett.

AC-FC

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »
Isn't that Potsdam's Lisa Evans...... ;D

AC-FC

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
Go Louisa...first blood to OL

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
Isn't that Potsdam's Lisa Evans...... ;D
Quite right, Lisa played well and got a lot of applause when she was substituted but Lyon won 0-1.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »
She was fantastic.

AC-FC

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
Glasgow could have done with her yesterday against Arsenal........

The Cabbage

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 09:16:03 PM »
Hope you are managing to catch the re- run of the GCFC ALBA series - it's top stuff and latest episode still,on virginmedia catch up