Author Topic: Two Outstanding Licences  (Read 6486 times)

Offline #1

• View Profile
Re: Two Outstanding Licences
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »
Yep, looked again - no mention of Boro by name ;)  Happy Days - no doubt we'll see you back down here at Lincoln.
One other thing - Not sure if it has been confirmed yet, but will it be called Sunderland then? And playing at Houghton Le Spring (as before)?

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
Yep, looked again - no mention of Boro by name ;) 

Well, because most people with an IQ over 25 would make the connection  ;) :D Seriously though, that's the first time i've seen it written where they haven't mentioned the Boro CoE by name. That article is taken from the Sunderland Echo maybe it's just lazy journalism, i don't know.

One other thing - Not sure if it has been confirmed yet, but will it be called Sunderland then? And playing at Houghton Le Spring (as before)?

Judging by the wording of that article it looks like it will be called Sunderland CoE. Not sure where games etc will be played but it is in partnership with SAFC who have facilities in various places in the N.E. tbh i don't really know a lot about it not having a young daughter and never being involved in anything to do with any CoE's.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
Well done to Sunderland in getting their license back after a cracking double in the WPL. I hope they're also successful in getting into the enlarged WSL in the next year or 2.

I wonder what will eventually happen to the other license that hasn't been awarded this year... Maybe they might consider the best Women's Academy setup in the country (http://bit.ly/JFSPBS) this year? Or is it unfair to judge Academies by their U19 results in a fully open competition rather than their U17 results in a restricted FA-run one?!  ;)

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
If Houghton Le Springs is the venue for games for that Centre then the facilities inthe North East must be appauling!! Good to have the Centre back up in the North East though.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »
Thanks Andy  ;D

Well the trials and i expect the games too are going to take place at Gateshead College, which as far as i know have excellent facilities.

Sunderland AFC, in partnership with Gateshead College, are delighted to announce details for the forthcoming Open Trials to be held at Gateshead College for the FA Girls’ Centre of Excellence 2012-13 squads.

Melanie Reay, Head of Women’s Football Academy at Gateshead College says “We are very excited about working in partnership with SAFC to help deliver the Girls Centre of Excellence at our Academy for Sport. It’s a brilliant opportunity for female footballers in the region, giving them access to world-class training and playing facilities.”

Graham Robinson Football Development Director at SAFC Foundation of Light “Here at the Foundation of Light we are delighted to have the Centre of Excellence back in the North East. We are excited and enthusiastic about providing high quality coaching to gifted and talented female players from across the region.”

The Open Trials are being held Monday June 18, Thursday June 21 (commencing at 5.30pm), and Saturday June 23 (at 10am) at Gateshead College’s Academy for Sport Campus.

Successful players will be required to attend call back trials on Monday June 25, Thursday June 28 or Saturday June 30th.

The Centre of Excellence programme provides elite player development opportunities for female footballers aged 7–17 years and has helped establish local talents such as Jill Scott, Stephanie Houghton, Lucy Bronze and Jordan Nobbs, to name but a few. (I liked that bit :D)

Players take part in a comprehensive training programme covering all areas and concepts of football, and the Centre also takes part in the FA Centre of Excellence fixture programme and the U17’s FA National League Cup.

Nominations from Schools and Clubs will be for International age groups U9’s, 11’s, 13’s, 15’s and 17’s.

All sessions will take place at Gateshead College, Academy for Sport Campus, Neilson Road, Gateshead, NE10 0EF.

To attend an Open Trial, please download the TRIAL FORM below and return no later than Wednesday June 13 2012 through the details provided on the form.

PLEASE NOTE: It is extremely important that players nominated qualify to play in the appropriate age group. Any player either too young or too old will not be considered for assessment. Criteria for each age group is as follows:-

U9’s: Year of birth 2004 and 2005
U11’s: Year of birth 2002 and 2003
U13’s: Year of birth 2000 and 2001
U15’s: Year of birth 1998 and 1999
U17’s: Year of birth 1996 and 1997

http://www.sunderlandwfc.co.uk/swfc_075.htm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:38:29 PM by Mackem Steve »
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline #1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
Talk is that Mick Mulhern is coaching the U17s for Sunderland CoE...