Author Topic: National team 2012  (Read 34152 times)

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
Re: National team 2012
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Seems a bit light on defenders?

Rønning, Sandvei, Lund, Akerhaugen, and Wold/Mjelde in a pinch. Considering we usually pick 5 defenders in a squad of 22, 4 out of 16 isn't too bad.

Interesting that Holstad Berge is dropped altogether though.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
Elise Thorsnes OUT of the match against USA. Replaced by Ida Elise Enget (Stabæk)

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2012/Kvinnelandslagets-tropp-til-treningskamp/
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Thorsnes pulled something against Amazon, but should be back soon.

Interesting choice of replacement, though.

What is the sick tally so far?
Emilie Haavi, Madeleine Giske, Ingvild Stenslad, Melissa Wiik, have I forgotten anyone?
Also, Hedda Strand Gardsjord and Guro Knutsen Mienna skips the WNT for now.

I am just thinking out loud, but how about....
How about we do this: Hedda and Guro, and probably Ingvild, are not going to come back. They need to focus on their careers outside of football now.

We now have an excellent chance to do a Spain. Here's my take:
1. Fire Landsem
2. Hire (for whatever it takes) Dan Eggen.
3. Focus on players who are hungry for WNT play, and not dutibound.
4. Introduce a style of play (tiki-taka works for me) that plays on the strengths of the players.
5. Sell it to the players.
6. Spend two more years in the shadows.
7. Win everything.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »
Too bad about Thorsnes hope it's nothing serious.

Quite a sick bay to stand across the pitch from the Americans.  They're hot and cold, or rather hot and cool, but they definitely show you where your weaknesses are.

Mykjåland reunites with ex-Freedom fighters Wambach and Sauerbrunn.

I would cut #3 and go with:

3.  sell, beg, cheat, lie and do whatever it takes to get the best 11 players on the field.

Trying to out-tiki-taka warmer cultures with a century of legacy is going to take a while.  I think direct just needs someone to give it a contemporary upgrade and bring it into the now.  Re-invent it.  They say fashion repeats itself.

Although I think what the home side needs more than anything is a quality striking coach.

Not sure if they're opt-outs but Woods and Kaurin are in North America.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »
Emilie and Ingvild are only temporarily on the sick list, no reason they shouldn't be back soon.  Ingvild has been scoring goals for Stabæk this season and is not near retirement age yet.  Melissa Wiik has been back for Stabæk but has another not-serious injury.  Woods is out for now because she has said there isn't a place for her style of midfielder in the team, so she is an opt-out.  Leni is joining Stabæk after the summer break and is playing matches for Ottawa Fury to train up, she has not opted out.  I don't know about Hedda and Guro, it will be a pity if they withdraw permanently but work has to come first.  Especially as Guro expects to be a turnuslege next year and could go anywhere (but Anneli Giske is doing the same this year in Tromsø and manages to be a playing-assistant-trainer for Fløya as well :)).  

If we are going to say the best 11/18 should be picked, who are those that are not in the present squad?  I agree there needs to be training in shooting under the crossbar (not over :)).  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:46:00 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway 0 USA 2
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Norway started with some inexperienced players against a USA team that is in form for the Olympics and has managed to beat Japan and Sweden in recent weeks.  It was agreed beforehand that the teams would have a penalty shootout after the match.   

Norway – USA 0-2 (0-1): Middlesbrough Training Ground, July 15 2012
Goals:  1-0 USA (37),  2-0 USA (pen. 83)
Norway (4-3-3):
Ingrid Hjelmseth -
Ingrid Moe Wold (Ingrid Ryland 61), Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Nora Holstad Berge, Marit Sandvei -
Gry Tofte Ims, Maren Mjelde, Lene Mykjåland -
Hege Hansen (Ingvild Isaksen 46), Isabell Herlovsen, Ida Elise Enget (Cecilie Pedersen 65).

Penalties: Maren Mjelde, Cecilie Pedersen, Lene Mykjåland, Ingvild Isaksen, Ingrid Ryland, Gry Tofte Ims (Norway won 6-5).

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2012/Norge---USA-uoff/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:36:56 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
3½ Røa players in national team
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
There was a surprise when the squad was announced for a friendly against Scotland in Edinburgh on August 30.  One of Norway's best central defenders was picked after several years on the sidelines.

Marit Fiane Christensen lives in the south now and turns out in the green shirt of Amazon Grimstad, after many years with Røa and continuing contacts with the club, so she counts as almost a Røa-player.

Caroline Knutsen, Lene Mykjåland are Elise Thorsnes are also selected.  Emilie Haavi is in Japan preparing for the Under-20 World Cup.  

Ingrid Hjelmseth – Stabæk
Maren Mjelde – Arna-Bjørnar
Toril Hetland Akerhaugen – Stabæk
Lene Mykjåland – Røa
Gry Tofte Ims – Klepp
Trine Rønning – Stabæk
Isabell Herlovsen – LSK Kvinner
Elise Thorsnes – Røa
Cecilie Pedersen – LSK Kvinner
Marit Sandvei – LSK Kvinner
Marita Skammelsrud Lund – LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Isaksen – Kolbotn
Nora Holstad Berge – Linköping
Caroline Knutsen – Røa
Hege Hansen – Arna-Bjørnar
Ingrid Moe Wold – LSK Kvinner
Mari Karoline Knudsen – LSK Kvinner
Marit Fiane Christensen – Amazon Grimstad

http://www.dynamitegirls.no/?p=12387

Good idea for her to pass on some useful centre-back tips.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:48:49 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
September qualifiers switched from Sarpsborg to Ullevaal.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »
yes, that came as quite a surprise. Kjetil Siem (!) argues that the Olympics was quite an eye-opener. There were played 9 matches in 12 days at Old Trafford an 10 in 15 ad Millennium Stadion.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2012, 02:49:14 AM »

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »
And with Haavi away the #19 has found it's way back home...

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »
yes, that came as quite a surprise. Kjetil Siem (!) argues that the Olympics was quite an eye-opener.
Most likely Kjetil Siem knows he made himself look stupid with his snow-watching remarks and is trying to do something to get back to normal with half the population :).

Squad statistics: http://www.fotball.no/Documents/PDF/2012/Landslag/A-kvinner_tropp_Skottland.pdf?epslanguage=en . . . . when it says Trine Rønning has 127 cups, read caps :).

The match is: August 30, 14.00, Scotland v Norway, East End Park, Edinburgh.

www.fotball.no
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:50:05 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
I don't know: I have been to Caro's place, and I happen to know that nine cups is a fair estimate.

Also, why is it that fotball.no insists on calling Ingrid Moe Wold Ingrid Mo Wold? Subtle difference, but important. I know, only I care. Sorry.

A bit of statistics: The last time the WNT played matches in Oslo was a game against Iceland in 2004 (2-1, Thora Helgadottir Iceland's keeper), which was in Vallhall. Last time Norway played at Ullevaal was July 3oth 2000, against USA (also 2-1 to Norway). Norway also played the Netherlands twice (1991 and 1992, winning both matches 3-0). There are a number of matches from the 70s and the 80s listed as being played in "Oslo", but no stadium (remember, fotball.no defines Kolbotn as part of Oslo). The women's team has, in a twist of irony, probably played at Åråsen more times than any other stadium.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
Don't worry, I get bothered about the spelling as well, but fotball.no has bad spelling, we just try to put it right when we can.  It isn't as bad as altomfotball, where Ada Hegerberg sometimes does not exist :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:02:05 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Two new players in the squad
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Team chief Eli Landsem has taken out two new players into the training meeting after the match in Scotland.

Norway will play Scotland on Thursday and will then return to Norway to continue the meeting there.  Next week there will be an internal match to get the players into match form after the long break in the Toppserien.  Because of some small injuries two new players have been invited.  They are Gro Ingvardsen of Amazon Grimstad and keeper Guro Pettersen from Stabæk.  These two have not been to a senior team meeting before.

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2012/Nye-spillere-til-treningssamlingen/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:59:51 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
It wouldn't hurt if they told us who the injured players were. I know about Caroline Knutsen, whose injury is, as always, minor (she has not been seriously injured since returning to football in January 2007).

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Stabæk keeper into the national team
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2012, 09:33:39 AM »
Tromsø girl Guro Pettersen has been picked for the A-team for Thursday's match in Scotland.

Pettersen transferred from Fløya to Stabæk in the summer and is now getting into the kitchen, so to speak, with the national team, as Eli Landsem explained to iTromsø.  "We have an injury to Caroline Knutsen that has made us call in Guro Pettersen", said Norway's chief trainer.

The former Fløya keeper, now with Stabæk, will go with the squad to Scotland for the friendly on Thursday.  "Yes, she will be with us for the match in Scotland, and then home to Norway to continue with the meeting that goes on until about Tuesday", said Landsem.

This is Pettersen's first summons to the A-team after many international matches in the youth system.  But Landsem has been watching her for a good while.  "I have known about Guro for a long time.  She played many youth international matches before she was injured (concussion).  She is very enthusiastic about training".

Norway has three keepers at present away in Japan at the U-20 World Cup.  These would normally compete with Guro for the place she has now.  "It's Guro's turn this time", said Eli Landsem.  

Øyvind Sivertsen http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article248343.ece
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:27:03 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Scotland-Norway preview
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Today Norway's women will play a friendly against Scotland.  They are in Scotland to make the final preparations for the important European Cup qualification matches coming up soon against Belgium and Iceland, which must be won.  The match is at 15.00.

"We are well aware that the players have not had a Toppserien match since August 4.  We are trying to get them up to match level.  The girls are good at following up with their training, but it's a little different to play a match", said Eli Landsem.

She thinks Scotland make good opponents and they are in line for a playoff match to qualify from their group.  "They played a draw against Iceland in the summer.  They are a typicially British team who play 4-4-2 and are very direct.  They have some weaknesses which we will try to take advantage of", said the trainer.  "We will use this chance to brush up on counterattacking and our formal attacks".

Starters: Ingrid Hjelseth - Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Marit Fiane Christensen, Toril Akerhaugen, Marit Sandvei - Ingvild Isaksen, Maren Mjelde, Mari Knudsen - Gry Tofte Ims, Isabell Herlovsen, Elise Thorsnes.

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2012/Skottland---Norge/

Caroline Knutsen is not seriously injured although she has pulled out of duty against Scotland in today's match.  Norway's reserve keeper had a knock on a knee and did not want to take a chance, but she does not see it as serious.  http://www.dynamitegirls.no/?p=12739 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:07:52 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Two goals for Isabell
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
Norway struggled against Scotland today, but Isabell Herlovsen's two goals secured a draw.

The match started badly with neither team creating chances.  But after 15 minutes Hailey Lauder scored to give the hosts a lead.  "We were 1-0 down at half time after a terrible first half.  The goal came after a defensive error, so Scotland deserved their lead", said Eli Landsem.

She said the players looked very slow and it was clear they had not played for a while.  "This was a very important match leading into the qualification matches, and you could see the players are out of form after a long holiday.  We made changes at half time and the second half was better".

Isabell Herlovsen scored an equaliser after 67 minutes, and a second one seven minutes later.  "Both goals came from fine through-play and good attacking.  Isabell placed the ball beside the keeper and into the corner for both goals", said the trainer.

In the closing minutes Scotland scored an equaliser and brought the match to a 2-2 conclusion.  Landsem was not downhearted.  "We had hoped for a better performance but we were clear that the players were not in form.  We will get into form and our belief in a good performance has not completely gone.  We have adjustments to make", she said.

Scotland – Norway 2-2 (1-0), East End Park, Edinburgh
Spectators: c. 20
Referee: Morag Pirie, Skottland
Cards: Ingen
Goals: 1-0 Hailey Lauder (15), 1-1 Isabell Herlovsen (67), 1-2 Isabell Herlovsen (74), 2-2 Christie Murray (83).  

Norway (4-3-3):
Ingrid Hjelseth -
Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Marit Fiane Christensen, Toril Akerhaugen (70 Ingrid Moe Wold), Marit Sandvei (46 Trine Rønning) -
Ingvild Isaksen (46 Hege Hansen), Maren Mjelde, Mari Knudsen (65 Nora Holstad Berge) -
Gry Tofte Ims (46 Cecilie Pedersen), Isabell Herlovsen, Elise Thorsnes.  

Mathias Tjøtta Odden  http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2012/Skottland---Norge/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:12:04 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Letter from the A-team
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
June Hammersland sent a letter back to Sandviken from the national team meeting.

Hi all! I must say it's been a lot of fun to be at this training meeting with the national team.  Got a warm welcome from the players and the support team.  They are definitely a great gang.  Training sessions are good and always high quality.

I have learnt it's important to make a good first impression.  I have failed completely already.  Sharing a room with scatterbrain Ryland, I am a bit of a scatterbrain myself, so we didn't make it to the bus after breakfast - it had gone to training without us.  We were not top of the league when we arrived by taxi, so we had to take well deserved penalties: "bend over!".  That was not the end of it . . one person had forgotten her sweater, and you can guess who it was: not Ryland!

The thing about sharing with Ryland is that she is really the team's clown.  She plays tricks on everyone and they are always looking for revenge.  So why not kill two birds with one stone? when we woke up and went down to breakfast, we had no shoes, but luckily we found them before training, up under the roof near the top of the lift.  Hege Hansen is high on the list of suspects . .

We had meetings, meals and training, and then we were free to go and watch Kon-Tiki at the cinema - recommended!

Now we are working towards the meeting's high point - tomorrow's training match.  I am really looking forward to it.  All we have to do is turn up at Føyka at 12 o'clock tomorrow.

See you on Wednesday!

June Hammersland http://www.ilsandviken.no/index.php/toppfotball/nyheter30/93-nyheter/1021-reisebrev-fra-june
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:51:59 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.