Author Topic: Aine O'Gorman lukewarm on Belles future  (Read 982 times)

Elee Timp

Aine O'Gorman lukewarm on Belles future
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
In this interview with the Viva Rovers fanzine, Aine O'Gorman was non-committal about coming back to the Belles next season: "It was an experience living in a hotel for a year and not as bad as I expected it to be, but don’t know if I could do it again for another year it’s just not the same as having your home to live in."

http://vivarovers.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/the-viva-rovers-interviews-1-aine-ogorman/

It looks likes Donny will more or less have to start from scratch next year. Losing O'Gorman would come as a blow as she was one of the few bright spots on the team.

I saw them a couple of times and O'Gorman never failed to impress with her tireless running down the right wing. With her hunched shoulders and shorts pulled up she resembled Paulo Di Canio in his pomp!

She lacks Di Canio's skill of course, but is much quicker and more direct than the mercurial Italian. Her wiry frame is also deceptively strong - no doubt as a result of her Gaelic football exploits in Ireland.

Captain Katie Holtham has finished her physiotherapy degree and is in Australia playing for Perth Glory. Presumably she is now open to the sort of offer which tempted away Rachel Williams and co.

Meanwhile, will club legend Vicky Exley have enough in the tank for another campaign? If the second part of the season has the games all squeezed into a few weeks she might be struggling to play 90 minutes two or three times a week.