Author Topic: Parker aims to be Northern Ireland's No.1  (Read 5597 times)

johnnyramone

Parker aims to be Northern Ireland's No.1
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
Blackburn Rovers keeper Krystal Parker has joined up with the Northern Ireland squad for Euro Qualifying games v Bulgaria and Iceland. 

The Manchester-born keeper answered the call of coach Alfie Wylie and attended a couple of training camps, before being called up to the 18 player squad for this weeks double header.

Parker, who previously attended an England U23 training camp, qualifies for Northern Ireland due to her parents coming from Belfast.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/LadiesNews/0,,10303~2489655,00.html

Sylvain

Re: Parker aims to be Northern Ireland's No.1
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »
I think Emma Higgins is still the number 1 so far. I don't think Parker has played a competitive game so far, although I would think she is slightly better than Higgins  ???

Offline chipbutty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
Just checked the FA website, has Parker been injured?  She doesnt seem to get that many games now.

Sylvain

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
I think she will be number 1 for that game in Norway because the two goalies named in the squad are
Krystal Parker Blackburn Rovers 28.10.90 and Nicole Adams Arsenal Ladies 13.02.95.

I have seen Nicole play a few times for the reserves and also for the first team in friendlies but that would be a huge gamble IMO to play her there in Norway. Except if her level is superior to Parker's but I wouldn't think so.