Author Topic: 2011/12 National Division Previews  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
2011/12 National Division Previews
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
Am currently trying to preview as many of the 10 teams in the National Div as possible. Have interviews either done or in process for half the teams, first one is below, of Watford thanks to Sahara Osborne-Ricketts.

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-sahara-osborne-ricketts-on-watford-ladies_13928

Sylvain

Re: 2011/12 National Division Previews
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
Very interesting and informative. I will be at Charlton on Sunday, it should be a very interesting game as I remember a pre-season friendly at Sparrow Lane with a Forest player spending the game kicking players instead of the ball and trying to get into a fight every 5 minute. :o
You have called the competition WSL iso WPL a couple of time  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:56:53 PM by Sylvain »

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
Thanks! I realised about the WSL errors once I had read through it! I did the same format for WSL so just copied and pasted those and obv didn't change it.  :-[

Next one is Charlton with Kim Dixson: http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-kim-dixson-on-charlton-women_13936

Will be following Charlton this season but, unfortunately, I will not be at the Forest game as West Ham (men's) are playing at the same time so I shall be there instead. Looking forward to seeing how they do as they certainly have the talent, hopefully they have added the belief to go with it this season.

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Next in the list is Coventry City, thanks to new signing Emily Simpkins.

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-emily-simpkins-on-coventry-city-ladies_13939

Next up, tomorrow will be Sunderland.

49yardtapin

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:34:28 PM »
erm, Man City with a few Super League players helping them out? Thought teams could only register 1 WSL player, so has is '1' a 'few' so that's not right? Terrible Journalism, or actually good journalism considering journos dont check facts. How many WSL players eventually have come from Leicester? can count 3 at least, did them a lot of good. Better players out there that dont play in the WSL!

Sylvain

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
I think you can find a lot of loophole in the rules. Just reading the FA WSL handbook gives an idea of it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:42:07 AM by Sylvain »

49yardtapin

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
erm, Man City with a few Super League players helping them out? Thought teams could only register 1 WSL player, so how is '1' a 'few' so that's not right? Terrible Journalism, or actually good journalism considering journos dont check facts. How many WSL players eventually have come from Leicester? can count 3 at least, did them a lot of good. Better players out there that dont play in the WSL!

loophole in the rules. For those that are desperate maybe. Looking at city's squad the only one registered as a wsl players was shepherd, andrea worral joined almost at the start of the wsl due to liverpool not being forward thinking enough to get a keeper in early and being arrogant in think other players would sign, see also worrel has left. Nice to see that club doing well(!)

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
FWIW, 'a few Super League players' were not my words, maybe I should have changed the quote to 'a couple' instead?? I'm not going to lie - I know very little about the Northern Division and, although I got to a few games last season, don't know too much about the National either, which is why I thought it would be better to speak to players to preview their teams for me.

aaaaanyways back on topic... Steph Bannon on Sunderland:

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-steph-bannon-on-sunderland-women_13953

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 04:05:47 PM »
players simply need to de-register from their "WSL" team to be eligable to play in the national league.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »

aaaaanyways back on topic... Steph Bannon on Sunderland:

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-steph-bannon-on-sunderland-women_13953

Good crack there from Steph, she's a canny lass... as are all the lasses that wear red and white  ;)

That Beth Mead looks a tasty acquisition to the team looking forward to seeing her, i know she's scored a few in pre season. Don't know where she's gonna fit in though because it would be reeeeealy hard to drop Natalie Gutteridge or Sophie Williams, and as the article points out Keira Ramshaw often plays upfront aswell, so we'll see what happens there.

I agree with her prediction of Forest and Barnet being strong this season too, with Reading and Leeds also being two to look out for.

Can't wait now, wish our game against Cardiff wasn't called off but never mind still only an extra few weeks before i get to see the girls down the Hetton Centre  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »
players simply need to de-register from their "WSL" team to be eligable to play in the national league.
That's what I call a loophole, because a team could in theory get 11 de-registered WSL players that way.

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »
Final preview article I have, Clare Sykes on Leeds United. She said they were working on bringing in some Super League players for this season, funnily enough...

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-premier-league-preview-clare-sykes-on-leeds-united-ladies_13957

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
predictions
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
Aston Villa 1-3 Barnet
Charlton 2-1 Nott'm Forest and 1 red card  ;D
Leeds 1-2 Watford
Reading 1-1 Coventry

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
Draw seems to be a popular shout for the Reading-Cov game... my predictions, for the record:

Villa 0-3 Barnet
Charlton 1-1 Forest (although, naturally I am hoping for a home win!)
Leeds 1-1 Watford
Reading 1-2 Coventry

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
Draw seems to be a popular shout for the Reading-Cov game...
Actually draw would probably have been fair (rather than actual 1-0) given the way Coventry battered them for the last 20 mins. Irish international goalie saved three 1-on-1s and turned another onto the post. They'll probably do well against weaker defences in this league...