Author Topic: WWC 2011 Germany/TV/Eurosport  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
WWC 2011 Germany/TV/Eurosport
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
@Alan/Samuel,

Would it be possible to inform about the following:

Eurosport Netherlands
Eurosport France
Eurosport Germany
Eurosport Russia
Eurosport ............... (another European country)

have ALL the same program

Eurosport United Kingdom is different from the abovementioned

What about Eurosport in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland?

I would like to know why the Women Football World Championship 2011 in Germany will be seen
on all European Eurosport channels with the exception of the Scandinavian Eurosport channels!

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
Re: WWC 2011 Germany/TV/Eurosport
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »

What about Eurosport in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland?

I think it's slightly different, because we only get the Scandinavian commentators listed on screen at the start of the coverage. Most of the time it's identical, but NRK and Swedish TV4 have bought the rights to all the matches; maybe that's why they don't want competition from Eurosport.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »
Okay, thx!

It is a slighty different situation with Germany? Because ARD/ZDF and Eurosport Germany  are showing all
WWC matches, but maybe this might be because of the fact that Germany is the organising country?

Several German tv-fans are not so "enthousiastic" about their ARD/ZDF reporters! and would like to know
if Eurosport Germany will also show all WWC matches.

As assistant-webmaster of the Dutch www.vrouwenvoetbalnederland.nl we always get "inside-information"
from Eurosport Netherlands, so we are able to put this first at our website

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Several German tv-fans are not so "enthousiastic" about their ARD/ZDF reporters! and would like to know

Feeling likewise about the NRK reporters to be honest.  :P

Where did you get the information that Eurosport won't broadcast in Scandinavia, by the way? I haven't heard anything either way and the TV schedule isn't out yet.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

Feeling likewise about the NRK reporters to be honest.  :P

Where did you get the information that Eurosport won't broadcast in Scandinavia, by the way? I haven't heard anything either way and the TV schedule isn't out yet.

a) And I feel myself ashamed for some of the Dutch Eurosport Football reporters! It's good (I think) that no one else in other countries can understand their commentary/remarks!

b) I was looking for information on Eurosport Scandinavia and "bumped" into this article, I have put also
a link on www.womensoccer.de to inform my German friends.
link: http://www.football-marketing.com/2011/02/05/eurosport-signs-major-4-year-agreement-with-fifa/

from this article: All World Cups will be broadcast in all territories of Eurosport and Eurosport 2 channels with the exception of Scandinavia for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011.

Just for information from the same article:
    Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup (in Uzbekistan)
    Fifa Under-17 Women’s World Cup (in Azerbaijan)

Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup (in Canada)
    Fifa Under-17 Women’s World Cup (in Costa Rica)

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »

Feeling likewise about the NRK reporters to be honest.  :P

I found this: http://www.football-marketing.com/2011/02/05/eurosport-signs-major-4-year-agreement-with-fifa/

All World Cups will be broadcast in all territories of Eurosport and Eurosport 2 channels with the exception of Scandinavia for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011.

Doesn't mean so much to me since I'm going to be in Germany.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
I hope Eurosport do a better job than they did with the u19s uefa final. Advertised it as being on Eurosport 2 here in UK insted we got some type of motorcycle racing!

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
In the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany the U19 final scheduled Saturday evening on 20:30 was shown as
programmed; on the French website www.footofeminin.fr the final on Eurosport France was scheduled on 23:00 also in Norway it was scheduled on 23:00, in both countries NOT LIVE!

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
In the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany the U19 final scheduled Saturday evening on 20:30 was shown as
programmed; on the French website www.footofeminin.fr the final on Eurosport France was scheduled on 23:00 also in Norway it was scheduled on 23:00, in both countries NOT LIVE!

Thats really poor not showing it live in the country of one of the competitors.  Was adertised as live here in the UK and to the best of my knowledge was not shown either  live or recorded.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »
also in Norway it was scheduled on 23:00, in both countries NOT LIVE!

Hm. I couldn't watch anyway as I don't have ES2, but the facebook page of Eurosport suggests and reports from Norwegian football suggests it was live.

And it has been shown at least once on repeat due to the cancellation of the tennis final in Birmingham.

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
In the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany the U19 final scheduled Saturday evening on 20:30 was shown as programmed; on the French website www.footofeminin.fr the final on Eurosport France was scheduled on 23:00 also in Norway it was scheduled on 23:00, in both countries NOT LIVE!

Thats really poor not showing it live in the country of one of the competitors.  Was adertised as live here in the UK and to the best of my knowledge was not shown either  live or recorded.

@Raefil
I totally agree with you! But I think that in Norway Eurosport has another agreement than in most of the other European countries (see also the reason why Eurosport won't show the German WWC 2011)

As a biathlon fan (during december till march) unfortunately we got the same problems with the live
transmissions of Eurosport. Australian tennis, auto- and motorsport are more important (even recorded) as a LIVE biathlon transmission.