Author Topic: F A Womens Premier League Cup Final  (Read 2588 times)

Offline pat51

• View Profile
F A Womens Premier League Cup Final
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »
Barnet vs Nottingham Forest....both National League teams beat lower league opposition, Barnet 2 Portsmouth 1  Forest 1 Leicester 0.....I saw the Barnet game where Pompey put up a good show, had a load of chances but couldn't take them, enjoyable game and should be a good final.

sylvain

Re: F A Womens Premier League Cup Final
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
A bit cold at the barnet game, loads of chance a supporter with a blue wig and an overweight assistant referee who had trouble keeping up with play unfortunately for Porsmouth.

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
Barnet vs Nottingham Forest....both National League teams beat lower league opposition, Barnet 2 Portsmouth 1  Forest 1 Leicester 0.....I saw the Barnet game where Pompey put up a good show, had a load of chances but couldn't take them, enjoyable game and should be a good final.
mouthwatering lol

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:29:52 PM »
mouthwatering lol
   OK..not quite Arsenal-Everton but should be a close match..will bring in the crowds from far and wide !

sylvain

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
Or maybe Barnet versus no one :

Nottingham Forest are into the Premier League Cup final but may be unable to fulfil the fixture, against Barnet on 24 March, due to a financial crisis that could lead to the club's closure in the next fortnight.

"Unless we can find £5,000 from somewhere by the end of the month we will go out of existence," said the manager, Lisa Dawkins, after Sunday's 1-0 semi-final win against Leicester City. "We are in desperate need of funds but, despite trying extremely hard to bring in cash, we are well short of our requirements. I'm not just saying this – the situation truly is that serious."

Forest's failed bid to become founder members of the Super League has made it more difficult to attract sponsorships and, though they get financial backing from their Football League parent club, the monies they have managed to secure so far this season are fast running out.

"We've been in the Premier League for a couple of seasons," said Dawkins, "but with the Super League starting in April we can no longer say to potential sponsors that we play in the top flight. The recession has also played its part and, although we get good support from the men's club, it doesn't come anywhere near to covering the £50,000 a year we need to keep going."

Barnet beat Portsmouth 2-1 in the other semi-final. In the weekend's only league match Sunderland beat Millwall 3-2 to stretch their lead at the top of the table to four points.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/13/nottingham-forest-womens-football

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »
According to David Barber of the F A the Final on March 24th will be played at Wycombe Wanderers                                                                                         I was at Uxbridge in the rain yesterday afternoon, along with a hundred or so others, to see their FAWPL Cup Semi-Final with Portsmouth FC Ladies. They were ahead inside three minutes and won a tense match 2-1 to book their place in The Final against Nottingham Forest at Wycombe Wanderers’ ground on 24 March.

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/TheBarber/NewsAndFeatures/2011/140211

sylvain

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »
Come on Barnet  :)

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 09:00:16 PM »
Come on Mary Earps and forest.  Beat Arsenal ressies.

sylvain

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
Well it was a not the best  game of football with a lot of mistakes and a red card that went not for the expected team. Glad the Bees won, especially for Abbie but it was probably the worse game of the 20 odd I have attended so far in 2011 in term of technico-tactical ability.

sylvain

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »
Mary Earps was only a sub yesterday, I thought she was better player than the older one ?

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
Yes, not a great game but I thought in the end Barnet were worth their win. Only one team in it before Stacey's sending off, Forest came back into it for the last 20 mins but Barnet finished extra time stronger.

Some interesting quotes about Barnet's preparation for the game from the press conference:

http://womensportreport.com/women-sport_preparation-the-key-to-barnet-s-premier-league-cup-success_12820