Author Topic: City v Leeds City Vixens  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• View Profile
City v Leeds City Vixens
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:25:24 AM »
The drive for promotion marches on with the visit of Leeds City Vixens who always give us a good game

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
Re: City v Leeds City Vixens
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
The drive for promotion marches on with the visit of Leeds City Vixens who always give us a good game
after the result we aren't expecting a prompt report off you BB lol

Offline Betty Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »

Sometimes you can be such a ****** Billy after spending hours in Casualty with an injured player the last thing on my mind was to rush off and jump on a forum.......

Vixens Draw first Blood at Eastlands

Leeds City Vixens visited the Sports City Stadium and came away worthy victors against a Manchester City Ladies side who just simply failed to get started on the day. The same City side that was until now unbeaten in the league this year, were outworked by a Leeds Vixens side that came with a game plan and stuck to it, challenging for every ball and pressing hard for the full 90 minutes.

The game started with both teams competing well for every ball with the best chance falling to City’s Grocott who hit the back of the net only for the goal to be disallowed for offside. The game was stopped on 16 minutes when City’s Levi Wensley went down with a knee injury, which required the presence of an ambulance and suspended play for almost half an hour.

As the game re-started the Leeds came out the stronger and 3 minutes later won a penalty when the Leeds forward was brought down on the edge of the 6 yard box. N. Haque coolly stepped up and converted the chance to put the visitors into the lead.

City fought back well and for a while looked the better side with chances falling to Grocott and Johnson both narrowly missing the target. With the half drawing to a close however Leeds worked a good free kick just outside the edge of the box hitting the post and converting the rebound only for the goal to be disallowed for offside.

HT Manchester City 0 – 1 Leeds City Vixens

The second half started as the first half closed with the Vixens pressing hard and stopping City from playing their passing game. With just 7 minutes of the 2nd half played Leeds won a corner and when the ball was failed to be cleared out of the 6 yard box Leeds No. 11 M. Paul side-footed home the loose ball to give Leeds Vixens a 2-0 cushion.

Leeds continued to work hard and defend well for the remainder of the second half and not allowing a frustrated City side to get into their rhythm. City did have chances but luck wasn’t with them and following another breakaway attack Leeds forced a corner on 71 minutes, allowing S. Dobby to head home Leeds 3rd from 9 yards out.

The game finished 3-0 to Leeds City Vixens and with it went City’s unbeaten League record of 8 games undefeated.

To your satisfaction BILLY??

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »

Sometimes you can be such a ****** Billy after spending hours in Casualty with an injured player the last thing on my mind was to rush off and jump on a forum.......

Vixens Draw first Blood at Eastlands

Leeds City Vixens visited the Sports City Stadium and came away worthy victors against a Manchester City Ladies side who just simply failed to get started on the day. The same City side that was until now unbeaten in the league this year, were outworked by a Leeds Vixens side that came with a game plan and stuck to it, challenging for every ball and pressing hard for the full 90 minutes.

The game started with both teams competing well for every ball with the best chance falling to City’s Grocott who hit the back of the net only for the goal to be disallowed for offside. The game was stopped on 16 minutes when City’s Levi Wensley went down with a knee injury, which required the presence of an ambulance and suspended play for almost half an hour.

As the game re-started the Leeds came out the stronger and 3 minutes later won a penalty when the Leeds forward was brought down on the edge of the 6 yard box. N. Haque coolly stepped up and converted the chance to put the visitors into the lead.

City fought back well and for a while looked the better side with chances falling to Grocott and Johnson both narrowly missing the target. With the half drawing to a close however Leeds worked a good free kick just outside the edge of the box hitting the post and converting the rebound only for the goal to be disallowed for offside.

HT Manchester City 0 – 1 Leeds City Vixens

The second half started as the first half closed with the Vixens pressing hard and stopping City from playing their passing game. With just 7 minutes of the 2nd half played Leeds won a corner and when the ball was failed to be cleared out of the 6 yard box Leeds No. 11 M. Paul side-footed home the loose ball to give Leeds Vixens a 2-0 cushion.

Leeds continued to work hard and defend well for the remainder of the second half and not allowing a frustrated City side to get into their rhythm. City did have chances but luck wasn’t with them and following another breakaway attack Leeds forced a corner on 71 minutes, allowing S. Dobby to head home Leeds 3rd from 9 yards out.

The game finished 3-0 to Leeds City Vixens and with it went City’s unbeaten League record of 8 games undefeated.

To your satisfaction BILLY??
glad my personality shines through in my posts lol.. No power cuts this week then? Just casualty.. Hope the person is ok

Offline EliteImp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:02:03 AM »
Great report, Betty.

Leeds Vixens were a good team when I saw them play Lincoln last season. I remember two speedy wingers who kept switching sides and Dobby was spraying passes about in the middle.

I hope Wensley was not too badly hurt and is on the mend.  :-[

Offline Betty Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:42:51 AM »
Great report, Betty.

Leeds Vixens were a good team when I saw them play Lincoln last season. I remember two speedy wingers who kept switching sides and Dobby was spraying passes about in the middle.

I hope Wensley was not too badly hurt and is on the mend.  :-[

Thank you all for your concern re; Levi Wensley, waiting for swelling to go down to have scan to check ACL but thankfully no dislocation or break.. twisted knee on landing after heading ball and something "popped", how inconsiderate, we lost momentum and the match hahaha ;)

although in a lot of pain, thanks to City staff and Leeds players who distracted her, whilst waiting for the ambulance and her little sister who videod it and threatened to put it on you tube unless Levi was nice to her in the future !!!...clever little devil  ;D ;D