Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 5277 times)

sylvain

Twitter
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »
As seen in the recent headlines regarding Mr Webb refereeing  mistakes and Ryan Babbel reaction to them twitter and it is used by a lot a English woman football players. Here are some examples of well-known accounts :

@suesmith8
@JillScott12
@stephhoughton2
@bertie_6
@Alexscott2
@kjs8eng

sylvain

Re: Twitter
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
@ArsenalLadies
@GlasgowCityFC
@FAWSL
@lfcladies
@bristolacademy
@birmcitylfc
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:15:24 PM by sylvain »

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »
merci beaucoup

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »
@EvertonLadiesFc

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
@swfccouk

;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

sylvain

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
Tweets of the day and no it is not Hope Solo :

"Hard game today hard fought game. Referee's don't help the game

Some people will do anything to win :( @ hope your eye gets better soon!!!

@ yeah it was brutal! She got kicked from pillar to post. Helps if the ref actually does something about it!

@ an elbow in the face"

I wonder if anything will happen considering Babel and Cole have been charged in the past or if the FA will turn a blind eye  ???

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
Hope's been arguing with some fans on there tonight. She seems like quite a character  :D

There were some comments on the Blues physical style...Are they the WPS Filthy of the WSL ?  ;)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
There were also some grumblings about the new MagicJack venue in Boca Raton Florida where the pitch is very narrow...Only 63 yards wide and too narrow for the WPS standards apparently

Sylvain

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
The FA likes to hammer players : 70 days for a player bantering a former team-mate on twitter.
I bet an opposition fan reported her. Also heard a youngster being reported to her club for trivial banter.
At least I can safely say there that x has been shit for 5 season and is rude ie refuses to sign autographs.

Sylvain

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56:16 AM »
If you follow Fara Williams, Brooke Chaplen and Fern Whelan, they had the funniest conversation yesterday about the sun and the moon. They make you wonder what they have been taught at school though because one of them thinks the sun and the moon are planets  :o ::)

Sylvain

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »
The tweet of the day :

Ferny_elfc Fern Whelan

@T_Duggan @LilKeets_x @Alexscott2 @dan_hill_1 hey guys is everyone available for a Xmas Everton meal next wed nite? #askingformo??

So Alex Scott has signed for Everton now  :P

Sylvain

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
Tweet of the day  from Steph Houghton quoting her team-mate :

“@sophiebradley2: One training session this afternoon ahead of tomorrows game v Columbia #TeamGB” sure it's Cameroon brads! #donkeyoftheday

and the excellent shekicks reply

@stephhoughton2 @sophiebradley2 & Columbia is in the USA, Colombia is a country in S. America & in the Olympics. #geographylesson

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

“@sophiebradley2: One training session this afternoon ahead of tomorrows game v Columbia #TeamGB” sure it's Cameroon brads! #donkeyoftheday

@stephhoughton2 @sophiebradley2 & Columbia is in the USA, Colombia is a country in S. America & in the Olympics. #geographylesson

lighter topic than some today, got to laugh. :) ;D

AC-FC

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

lighter topic than some today, got to laugh. :) ;D

I guess Steph was at least close...... ;D

Sylvain

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
There is an Everton fan who does not really rate Hope Solo. She said she would be a good understudy to Rachel Brown !!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:43:34 AM by Sylvain »

49yardtapin

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:17 AM »
Sitting behind the goal in the first half at OT. I musy say that Hope Solo is very very quiet. Does not communicate very wellto her back four, giving them information. Not even a shout of 'keepers' when coming for the ball. I was very surprised given the level she operates at.  I know Brown is a bit more vocal.

Sylvain

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »
Must have been a quiet half because when we play them earlier in the tourney she was very vocal and unhappy.
Seriously Brown has a lot more limitations than Solo in terms of goalkeeping...

AC-FC

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 10:03:16 AM »
Brownie may have the dracula aversion to crosses that Solo has not got but at least she is very vocal in organising the defence and keeping them focussed. At the 'wood, she drowns Maria down and that's gotta be saying something....

I stiill would have had her in goal for Team England....

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
New to Twitter - @CAFCWomen

Sylvain

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
Tweet of the day from an England goalie  ;D

"Ah some Londoners are great and some are pure rude n aggressive. It's only a train seat so no need to get in my face. #larybiatch"