Author Topic: League Cup Quarter-Final Portsmouth v Sunderland  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
League Cup Quarter-Final Portsmouth v Sunderland
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
Looks like this is going ahead after being postponed four times  :)

Hope it's a great game and hopefully (from my perspective) a win and a place in the semis for Sunderland.

Ha'way the lasses!  :D

"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline pat51

• View Profile
Re: League Cup Quarter-Final Portsmouth v Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
Just back from this game. It was a cracker. Neither team deserved to lose.  2 pens , a sending off, 2 disallowed goals. Lou Worsfold had a blinding game in the Pompey goal, Sunderland pushed on for much of the 120 mins but couldn't finish apart from a penalty, Justine Lorton and Gemma Hillier scored two brilliant goals and Pompey even missed a pen to go 3-1 and kill it off.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
Sounds like it was a very entertaining game Pat.

Very well done to Pompey Ladies and all the best in the semis. I hope they go all the way now.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Hope the return is equally as good. I guess the Black Cats will be well up for it. They certainly created loads of chances but ran into an inspired team today who played the best I have ever seen them over seven seasons I have watched them on and off...

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
Should be another good game in the FA Cup... hopefully :)

I'll be there anyway, looking forward to it. Home advantage for us but think it'll be a close game.