Author Topic: Røa 2010  (Read 28432 times)

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: Røa 2010
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »
1-0 to 70' and then either they shifted to the attack and were punished or lost their focus and faded from the road trip.

Either way they failed to get the minimum required away goal in 70 minutes.  Tough, tough job to turn it around in a couple of days against a team that will be chomping at the bit.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2010, 10:08:41 AM »
Røa lost 4-0 to Zvezda in Russia on Wednesday.  The Dynamite Girls go out of the present round on a 1-5 aggregate. 

Zvezda established a good starting point with their added-time goal and 1-1 draw in Oslo last week.  In the return match they went up after 24 minutes with a goal by Vera Djatel.  Røa held out util the final 20 minutes but then Maria Ruiz scored Zvezda's second goal and they took another two through Daryna Apanastsjenko (82) and Maria Dijatsjkova (90).

"I think we gave a respectable performance.  They took the lead with a long shot, but we created a lot of chances.  We are not effective enough at this level", said trainer Geir Nordby to NTB.

After the match a long trip home awaited the Røa players.  On Saturday the team plays in the Cup Final against Trondheims-Ørn.

Zvezda (Russia) – Røa 4-0 (1-0), aggregate 5-1.
Referee: Jenny Palmqvist, Sweden.
Cards: none.
Goals: 1-0 Vera Djatel (24), 2-0 Maria Ruiz (70), 3-0 Daryna Apanastsjenko (82), 4-0 Maria Dijatsjkova (90).

Røa (4-3-3):
Caroline Knutsen –
Hedda Strand Gardsjord, Siri Nordby, Gunhild Herregården, Janne Stange (Ingrid Søndenå 84) –
Guro Knutsen, Marthe Braavold Johansen, Stine Andreassen (Cathrine Rolness 81) –
Celine K. Pettersen (Ada Finskud 61), Elise Thorsnes, Kine Kvalsvik.   

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article185451.ece
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Røa players up for awards
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
Lene Mykjåland has been nominated "Player of the Year", Emilie Haavi "Young Player of the Year", while Guro Knutsen Mienna is a nominee for the "Fair Play" prize for 2010.

Lene has made her mark at Washington Freedom, becoming the team's second-top scorer after Abby Wambach.  She has in every way been a perfect ambassador for Røa and Norway on and off the pitch, and has set a standard for Norwegian professionals playing overseas.  With the exception of Ingvild Stensland she can also be reckoned as the chief Norwegian success of the women playing abroad.

Emilie's progress from substitute in 2009 to international player and scorer, third in the list of scorers in the Toppserien, and a player who can decide a match single-handed has been a transformation and an adventure.  For Emilie it's about confidence, and she has shown her confidence in Røa by extending her playing contract with the club.

Guro has tackled her job as a right midfielder and also as right back, the second also in the national team, brilliantly and has always been solid in Røa's team.  She has grown on the challenge, and is one of the main reasons Røa has continued to be a top team after all the changes before this season.  Guro's contribution to fair play is also seen off the pitch with her support for 'Amnesty'.

All three are great ambassadors and Dynamite Girls, and we congratulate them and wish them further successes!

www.dynamitegirls.no
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:01:56 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
You scared me there, Alan. Nest =second most. I hope everybodyn knows that I know that Lene scored many less goals than Abby Wambach.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
 . . done . . :)  (just to be in the same list as Wambach is an achievement)
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Røa girls thinking about future
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »
International player Lene Mykjåland will be playing for Røa next season, so as to be around for the World Cup next year.  This season she has played at Washington Freedom, and she had an arrangement with the trainer there, but he has now left Freedom.  "I had an arrangement with Jim Gabarra that I would play in Norway until the World Cup, but now he is at New jersey Sky Blue so I don't know what is happening", said Lene, who scored four goals for Washington this season.

"Is it only Røa that matters in Norway?" - "Oh yes.  I have such a feeling for the club", smiled the 23-year-old, who started most of the matches in the US professional league.

Last week Aftenposten forecast that Røa would have a return of several old stars next year, with Kristine Edner Wæhler, Marie Knutsen and Marit Fiane Christensen making comebacks.  Now it is less certain.  Edner Wæhler had her second child six weeks ago: "I have trained a couple of times a week with Røa for basic fitness, but I was a bit surprised when I read Aftenposten", said the 33-year-old.  "It's difficult enough just to get time to train twice a week".

Marie Knutsen had her first child in August and has moved with her husband to New York.  "We have no plans to move home, and will definitely be living in Manhattan next year as well", said Marie, who was at the Cup Final in Telenor Arena on Saturday.

Marit Fiane Christensen also became a mother earlier in the year, and has moved to Arendal with her speed-skater husband Øystein Grødum.  "I promised myself that I would retire when I became a mother, but am now uncertain.  The only definite thing is that I will be having discussions with Geir Nordby in the next few weeks", said Marit, whose contract ends in 2011.        

Arild Jacobsen, Anders Halvorsen
http://www.akersposten.no/sport/mange-dynamite-girls-i-tenkeboksen-1.5772976
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:36:02 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2011, 02:00:40 AM »
I was just sitting here thinking about nothing when all of a sudden that wonderful strike by Elise Thorsnes popped into my head.  The one from outside the box that curled into the bottom corner just beyond the keepers outstretched hands.  Can't remember the game, might have been the Stabæk 2-2 or the Zvezda opener.  Moments that last forever...

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »
Sounds like the Zvezda goal. And that was a beauty.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Thank you so much for that link.  Yes that's the one, and what a joy to see it again.  A thunderstrike of immortality.  Absolute magic.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2011, 03:29:43 PM »
Great to see that again.  Anyone should watch it if they need cheering up :) but it makes you ask what Zvezda's right-back was doing (if anything :))
The next goal, the visitors' free kick, wasn't a bad one either.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:38:15 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.