Author Topic: National team 2011  (Read 32461 times)

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
Re: National team 2011
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
Norway - Japan 0-1 (0-0)

goal 58th minute.

XI: Erika Espeseth Skarbø, Maren Mjelde, Nora Holstad Berge, Guro Knutsen Mienna, Leni Larsen Kaurin, Lene Storløkken, Lisa-Marie Woods, Elise Thorsnes, Lene Mykjåland og Isabell Herlovsen.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway-Japan 1-0
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
Norway did not create enough chances against Japan today at the Algarve Cup and lost 1-0.

After beating Finland 2-1 and losing 2-0 to the USA it was time for another tight match, against Japan.  The margins did not go Norway's way and Yuki Nagasatos scored the only goal in the 59th minute.

"It was an even match with chances to both teams.  The first goal was the winner", said Eli Landsem.  She thought the team had not raised its game after the loss to the USA.  "Also there are many players who are not in match form at present.  We have players who have not played since October", she said.

So there will be a Nordic affair for fifth place on Wednesday, when the opponents will be Denmark.  "I have not seen Denmark here, but we will use tomorrow to charge our batteries and make ourselves ready", said the trainer.  The final is between USA and Iceland.

She saw some positives.  "The team has settled down together.  We saw that the USA is a team that is a notch better than the other teams here.  We are not in form, but will work hard to reach where we need to be at the end", said Landsem.  Wednesday's match is a 12.00.

NORWAY - JAPAN 0-1 (0-0), Estádio Municipal Bela Vista - Parchal.
Spectators: 100.
Ref: Kirsti Heikkinnen, Finland.
Cards: none.
Goal: 0-1 Yuki Nagasato (58).

Norway (4-4-1-1):
Erika Espeseth Skarbø -
Hedda Strand Gardsjord, Maren Mjelde, Nora Holstad Berge, Guro Knutsen Mienna (Ingrid Ryland 66) -
Leni Larsen Kaurin (Lise Klaveness 46), Lene Storløkken, Lisa-Marie Woods (Gry Tofte Ims 46), Elise Thorsnes (Melissa Wiik 61) -
Lene Mykjåland (Madeleine Giske 82) -
Isabell Herlovsen (Cecilie Pedersen 58).

Svein Graff http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2011/Sjekk-Norges-lag-mot-Japan/
See a video clip with Japan's beautifully worked goal:
http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2011/Sjekk-Norges-lag-mot-Japan/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:31:01 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »
Skarbø played! Yes!
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »
Coca-Cola, wine and chocolate cake... rocket fuel.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
Ingrid Hjelmseth
Hedda Strand Garsjord, Runa Vikestad, Maren Mjelde, Nora Holstad Berge
Leni Larsen Kaurin, Lisa-Marie Woods, Lise Klaveness, Elise Thorsnes
Lene Mykjåland, Cecilie Pedersen

Surprised that lineup couldn't find the net?

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
Norway won the shootout 5-4

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Does anyone now how the match went today?  if there were penalties I am guessing they were preceded by a draw.  If no-one found the net I'm guessing that the draw was 0-0.  Is that right?  has anyone any more details?
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
That's right: 0-0, but 5-4 on penalty shootout. Sweden also lost to Japan, who are looking really good. Given that Sweden cared about the Algarve Cup, which is a whole other question.

http://women.soccerway.com/matches/2011/03/09/world/algarve-womens-football-cup/norway/denmark/1091552/

I got this list of penalty shooters:
      1-0 Madeleine Giske
       2-0 Nora Holstad Berge   
       2-1 Line Hansen Røddik
       2-2 True Troelsgaard
       3-2 Runa Vikestad
       3-3 Kristine Pedersen
       4-3 Ingrid Hjelmseth
       4-4 Lise Munk
       5-4 Melissa Wiik

I sort of liked that the goallie got to score a penalty goal.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:10:10 PM by Andreas Kolle »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
Ok Andreas, I like that as well.  It's kind of convenient, she doesn't have to walk very far, and if she just let one through she has a chance of immediate revenge.

I think it is Ingrid's first goal for Norway, which is a milestone, and I think she was probably the captain today, because the keepers seem to be wearing the armband for Norway just now.  So maybe that's how she got to take a penalty!

There is an article on the NFF site with details now.

Finished the Algarve Cup with a win

Norway took 5th place in the Cup after a 5-4 win on penalties over Denmark.

On Tuesday Norway and Denmark met in the last match of the Algarve Cup, and after an eve match it was all decided on penalties.  Norway won and took 5th place.

"We played well for the first 20 minutes and could have had a couple of goals.  But then we let the Danes into the match", said Eli Landsem.  She decided on four changes at half time, and the fresh players raised Norway's game.  But two of the team were injured - Gry Tofte Ims and Cecilie Pedersen - and when Pedersen had to leave the field Norway had used up its substitutes and had to play with ten for the final 20 minutes.

"We managed to keep the sheet clean anyway, which I am pleased with.  But we made it on penalties", said Landsem, who admitted that 5th was not quite what the girls had hoped for.  "We were in the toughest group and we have tried out a lot of new things.  We have tested players and formations, and now we know better what works and what needs improving.  USA are number one in the world and Japan are number five, so now we know the level we must achieve, instead of fooling ourselves against poor opponents".

Norge-Danmark 0-0 (5-4 on penalties), Parque Desportivo da Nora - Ferreiras
Spectators: 60
Ref: Jenny Fallkvist, Sweden
Cards: none.
Goals: 1-0 Madeleine Giske, 2-0 Nora Holstad Berge, 2-1 Line Røddik Hansen, 2-2 Sanne Troelsgaard, 3-2 Runa Vikestad, 3-3 Kristine Pedersen, 4-3 Ingrid
Hjelmseth, 4-4 Lise Munk, 5-4 Melissa Wiik.

Norway (4-4-2):
Ingrid Hjelmseth -
Hedda Strand Garsjord (46 Ingrid Ryland), Runa Vikestad, Maren Mjelde, Nora Holstad Berge -
Leni Larsen Kaurin (61 Guro Knutsen), Lisa-Marie Woods (46 Gry Tofte Ims; 67 Lene Storløkken), Lise Klaveness, Elise Thorsnes (46 Melissa Wiik) -
Lene Mykjåland (46 Madeleine Giske), Cecilie Pedersen (70 off injured).

Mari Waagaard Thomassen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2011/Norges-lag-mot-Danmark/

Looking at the penalties Norway and Denmark both missed one, but Norway started so got to 5 first.  Loads of pressure on Melissa with that last penalty, so good for her :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:02:14 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Guro Knutsen-Mienna answers fans' questions.
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
On Tuesday one of Norway's foremost players took time off to answer questions from fans.

Cecilie Thoresen: "Hi Guro; have you tried other sports than football?" - "Hi, when I was younger I played handball and went skiing.  Fron 12 years old it was just football, that was what I liked best".

Erlend: "Do you ever wish you were a boy playing football, instead of a girl?" - "Hehe . . that's difficult.  If I had been a boy I wouldn't have won four Cups and three League titles with my best friends.  I wouldn't have experienced playing in the World Cup and the Olympics in China in front of 50,000 spectators.  So as you can see, the answer is no :)"

Nora:  "Who is the most popular in the squad, and who makes the most noise in the locker room and at meetings?" - "Hehe . . that's a little difficult.  The public follow Lene Mykjåland, Lise Klaveness, Isabell Herlovsen and Trine Rønning.  In the locker room Isabell can loosen the atmosphere with her unique dancing.  Apart from that there are plenty with good stories or fun comments.  It's seldom quiet with this gang!".

Morten: Are there any special matches you remember? and in the national team who is the most of the forwards, midfielders and defenders to play against in training?" - "My biggest experience was when we got to the quarter-final of the Champions League in Perm in 2009.  The week before we had won League and Cup by the narrowest margins, we were exhausted mentally and physically, it was a long journey and the temperature was minus 17.  But everyone in the team managed to find the last of their powers and humour.  It was a fantastic experience and when the referee blew the final whistle we felt we had moved mountains and saved the world :)  Everyone on the national team is difficult to play against.  Lene Mykjåland is the stiker I would least like to meet, Lisa Woods is the most difficult midfielder, and Maren Mjelde is the 'worst' defender.  The best fighter is Lene Storløkken, she never gives up and runs more than anyone else".

Tore Johansen:  "Have you ever thought about moving back to Trondheim to play for Kattem or Trondheims-Ørn?" - "I have at least 2½ years of studying so it would not be before then anyway.  But I have definitely thought of moving to Trondheim, that is where I am from.  If I were to continue with football there is only ONE team in the running: KATTEM!!!!  I played there for 14 years, it's the club in my heart".

Gunn Knutsen: "Hi Guro.  We are excited about the new season.  Have you a feeling about how it will go?  greetings to all down there" - "Hi - greetings to you.  Your daughter is having a great time.  I have a very good feeling about the season.  There is big optimism at Røa.  In the national team we have lost the last two matches but we believe we shall be ready for the World Cup".

Arvid: "Hi Guro.  What's it like being married to a Sami? is there a lot of joiking?" - "Hehe . . very pleased to be married to a Sami.  No people in
the world have better stories than the Samis.  Kimma joiks most when there is a TV nearby :)"

Stabæk: "could you imagine playing for Stabæk one day?" - "I think it would snow in heaven before I put on the blue shirt.  But I wish you welcome to the right side of the river :)"

VM: "Who is your roommate at national team meetings? and who is the most fun on the national team, the team's entertainer? good luck for the World Cup" - "Thanks for that! I share with Lene Mykjåland, we have shared for eight years, so we are starting to know each other well.  The person who is most fun is Lise Klaveness, but Hedda Strand Gardsjord and Nora H. Berge are breathing down her neck".

Norway: "What will it be like to play in full arenas in Germany?  What do you think about playing as a professional one day?  Could you think of playing in Germany, USA or France?" - "I think it will be a lot of fun to play in Germany, so I hope Eli has plans to take me there.  If everything fell into place I could imagine playing for a foreign club one day.  USA or France would be fun.  But it's fun also in Røaland :) I hope many supporters will come to Germany and we value them a lot, it's like our 12th man".

Guro Knutsen Mienna http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2011/Nettprat-med-Guro-Knutsen/    
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:32:18 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »
See a video of the penalty shootout: http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2011/Norges-lag-mot-Danmark/
Denmark's first penalty was taken by the skipper Katrine Pedersen, and her old Stabæk pal Ingrid Hjelmseth saved it.  Ingrid also kicked a successful penalty, probably the best one of the shootout, and saved another penalty, the last, to claim Norway's win and 5th place. 
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 01:30:11 PM »
Giske likes the long run to the ball on her penalty.  It's extra movement and time to think, not for the rookie or faint of heart.  I was worried but she had no trouble at all.  The second tall shooter executed hers really well sending the keeper the other way and calmly going the opposite.  Whoever missed on the third thought about grabbing the rebound, that made my day.  Wiik's was outstanding, as was Hjelmseth's last save.

The Danes had some very good penalties.  The second or third shooter (#6) who went upstairs and the following one wearing capri's (#4) were world class.  And their #9 was well-taken too.

The referee caught some boys sitting on the fence behind the net and being a disruptive, but I was surprised the she didn't just tell all the people there to move away.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
Miss Klaveness shouldn't take more penalties. She had an even worse in the match for Stabæk against Røa.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
Giske likes the long run to the ball on her penalty.  It's extra movement and time to think, not for the rookie or faint of heart.  I was worried but she had no trouble at all.  The second tall shooter executed hers really well sending the keeper the other way and calmly going the opposite.  Whoever missed on the third thought about grabbing the rebound, that made my day.  Wiik's was outstanding, as was Hjelmseth's last save.

The Danes had some very good penalties.  The second or third shooter (#6) who went upstairs and the following one wearing capri's (#4) were world class.  And their #9 was well-taken too.

The referee caught some boys sitting on the fence behind the net and being a disruptive, but I was surprised the she didn't just tell all the people there to move away.

I thought Norway's first three were excellent - Madeleine, Nora and Runa.  Lise K's was the most entertaining, starting when the referee told her to pull her socks up (but we know Lise and at least she was wearing a matching pair of socks), and then she instinctively ran for the rebound before her head took over.  Ingrid's was beautifully directed and fast.  I didn't like Melissa's penalty too much, it was well placed but slow, and then the keeper kicked the post - she thought she should have saved it. 

Of the Danish penalties, I was wondering how many times Ingrid has faced a penalty from Katrine in training at Stabæk, and whether the Danish skipper (#3) should perhaps not have taken a kick. 
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »
Lise Klaveness is only 30, but in general I find that older players are more mentally expired at the end of a game and have more difficulty with their penalties.  Going for the rebound is a sign of being disassociated with the event.  That is likely just fatigue.  It has also been a long camp for people not used to the daily toll, as well as those who do not physically recover as fast as a 21/22 year-old.  Had they run the shootout at the start of the game, she would have been much more in the moment.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
European qualifying group

Group 3: Norway, Iceland, Belgium, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria

Group winners and best runner-up qualified directly.

Norway's record:

vs Iceland: Six wins, one draw, one loss, GD 23-10. Non-friendlies: Four wins, one draw. The loss came in the 2009 Algarve Cup; Norway won 1-0 at the 2009 Euro finals, and also won 9-3 over two legs in the play-offs for the 2005 championship. The draw was in the very first match between the teams, a qualifier for the 1984 European championship.
vs Belgium: Five wins, one draw, GD 25-1. The teams met in qualifying for Euro 2005, when Norway finished second and Belgium bottom of a five-team group. Femke Maes scored Belgium's only goal as they lost 1-6 and 0-6 in the two matches. Norway also knocked out Belgium in preliminary groups in the 1991 and 1993 European championships.
vs Hungary: Four wins, GD 16-1. Norway played Hungary in the quarter-finals of the 1991 European championships, when Hungary scored their only goal. Four years later, Norway demolished them 8-0 & 4-0.
vs Northern Ireland: One win, GD 4-1. Norway's very first win in women's football, in 1979.
vs Bulgaria: One win, 3-0 in 1988. This was a period when Norway occasionally had their pre-season training in Bulgaria, not Portugal or Spain.

Should be quite a lot of goals again.  :)
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Trouble looming for Eli Landsem
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »
 Half of Eli Landsem's Norway squad is out with injuries with the World Cup coming up.  The Toppserien season starts on Saturday, with three matches being played and the other three put back because the Under-19 team is playing European Cup qualification matches.

The list is:
Cecilie Pedersen (sprain)
Isabell Herlovsen (sprain)
Ingvild Stensland (back surgery)
Trine Rønning (leg strain)
Toril Akerhaugen (ankle)
Lise Klaveness (inflamed achilles)
Marita Skammelsrud Lund (knee injury)
Cathrine Dekkerhus (stress fracture in foot)
Ingrid Camilla Fosse Sæthre (shoulder injury)

"It's always unfortunate when there are injuries, and just now there are a few too many", said the chief to NRK.  

The most seriously injured are Toril Akerhaugen and Ingvild Stensland.

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article196363.ece
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:59:54 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »
That's just all kinds of depressing ...
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:13 AM »
Well, it's bad news for us and for the players, but before we give up the World Cup completely:
1. Cecilie Pedersen's least concern is her sprain.
2. Isabell Herlovsen's sprain is unfortunate, but I have a sneaky feeling she will return well in time for the tournament.
3. Trine Rønning is constantly off and on injured. According to what I heard at the Stabæk - Medkila match, she is not far off playing.
4. Lise Klaveness, and here's hoping she'll get better soon, is off and on the WNT. Also, she did not play the Medkila match, but only because it was only a training match. She is fit for playing when needed.
5. Marite Skammelrud Lund has not yet made it back to the WNT. This is worse news for LSK than the WNT.
6. Cathrine Dekkerhus: see 5. and replace LSK with Stabæk.
7. Ingrid Camilla Fosse Sæthre: see 6.
8. Toril Akerhaugen: see 4.
9. Ingvild Stensland: this is bad news indeed, but we already knew this.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »
Klaveness would probably play if it was a league match today. Stabæk plays Fløya tomorrow. Will see if she plays that game.
Rønning. She's always injured, but she always plays anyway.
Dekkerhus should be back after easter.
A little longer time with Stensland, but she should be ready for the WC.