Author Topic: Sunderland 4 Barnet 1  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Sunderland 4 Barnet 1
« on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »
OK I'm going to get (even more?) repetitive if I just come on here every week talking about how good Sunderland are looking this season, so I won't bother  ;)

Barnet actually looked a decent side today - played at a high tempo, got stuck in, looked dangerous going forward. If they've been playing like that all season I don't understand why they are where they are. Or at least if they keep playing like that I'm sure they'll pull themselves away from the bottom.

Jordan Nobbs was back in a Red and White shirt today and scored a cracking goal to equalise after Barnet had gone 1-0 up. Abbey Holmes scored Sunderland's second just before half time, then Gemma Wilson and Kelly McDougall scored in the second half to give us our second 4-1 home win in a week.

Well done to the girls.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
Re: Sunderland 4 Barnet 1
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »
OK I'm going to get (even more?) repetitive if I just come on here every week talking about how good Sunderland are looking this season, so I won't bother  ;)

Barnet actually looked a decent side today - played at a high tempo, got stuck in, looked dangerous going forward. If they've been playing like that all season I don't understand why they are where they are. Or at least if they keep playing like that I'm sure they'll pull themselves away from the bottom.

Jordan Nobbs was back in a Red and White shirt today and scored a cracking goal to equalise after Barnet had gone 1-0 up. Abbey Holmes scored Sunderland's second just before half time, then Gemma Wilson and Kelly McDougall scored in the second half to give us our second 4-1 home win in a week.

Well done to the girls.
Very good result again for the Black Cats.. Proof in the pudding when they have to travel and then have to play the game.. Just heard that Blackburn managed to beat Millwall away with 7 1st teamers out either injured or suspended so it looks like being tight all the way

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

Well done to the girls.
Very good result again for the Black Cats.. Proof in the pudding when they have to travel and then have to play the game.. Just heard that Blackburn managed to beat Millwall away with 7 1st teamers out either injured or suspended so it looks like being tight all the way
I stand corrected there was only 5 missing today but possibly 7 for next weeks game against Leicester who managed to win 8-2 against Leeds Vixens 2day

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 03:27:46 AM »
Well done to Blackburn, another good win for them aswell. I said last week that I thought it would go down to the wire, especially between Blackburn, Forest and Sunderland.

The one thing that might let us down this year is certainly our away form in the league. Although unbeaten in 9 games in the League and Women's League Cup we have only one away WPL victory.

As I said a few weeks back though I would settle for 3rd place for Sunderland 100% and even better if they give Blackburn and Forest a good run for their money. But if Sunderland can improve their away form, watch out  ;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline allibee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »
I have just noticed the teamsheet for the game and full line up for Barnet on the FA full time site. Since when did Natasha Dowie sign for the Bees? This has been kept very quiet....

sylvain

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »
Dowie trains with them as this is the most local team for her.
She lives in Hertsfordshire, so it is quite a logical step to play for them to keep fit.