Author Topic: FA Women's Cup (the road to München)  (Read 13782 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: FA Women's Cup (the road to München)
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
Katie Chapman has been excellent and Ellen has done well considering she's not playing in her familiar position in the centre.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

sylvain

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
I have to mention the assistant referee gave us a freebie  :o a cross or a shot got deflected towards the goal by a defender. Cherie Rowlands prevented the ball from going out while Ellen White tried to put it in.
Action carried on normally until the assistant referee gave a goal. All the supporters behind the goal and near the goalline saw it was not a goal.
The assistant managed to get most of the calls right though including a disputed one where the number 3 was covering the Arsenal forward and that led to the 3rd Arsenal goal. 
Overall, I don't think it made an impact on the final result because there was a big difference between the teams.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »
Katie is fantastic.  Ellen does well.  Not a fan of one of the newys style ofplaying never have been.  Thats a personal view though.  Of course its a learning curve playing with a new club players need time to fit in with the playing style, some never do.  Good luck for the final girls.

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »
Preview to the FA Cup final from my interview with Ann-Marie Heatherson. Should be good if the previous two games are anything to go by and will certainly see better football than we have in the WSL due to the Ricoh Arena having, one would imagine, an immaculate pitch.

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_fa-women-s-cup-final-preview-pressure-is-on-arsenal-says-bristol-ace_13344

sylvain

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »
I think Annie is right Arsenal will have the pressure as favorites. The players need to perform after an ok  WSL campagin so far.
The coaching staff will also be under pressure to make the right choice in term of starting line-up after the recent low quality performance from certain players.
I also  think the coacking staff choked in extra-time last year by not bringing either Lander and or Bruton for the tired wingers Davison and Yankey.  The Everton full backs were really struggling and we paid the price in the end. The game was there to be won, especially after dominating the second half. It was like a snake biting and strangling a mangoose  and then deciding not to finish it and ending being killed.
To me it certainly looked like we were playing for the penalties in extra-time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:08:04 PM by sylvain »

Offline EliteImp

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
I think Annie is right Arsenal will have the pressure as favorites. The players need to perform after an ok  WSL campagin so far.
The coaching staff will also be under pressure to make the right choice in term of starting line-up after the recent low quality performance from certain players.
I also  think the coacking staff choked in extra-time last year by not bringing either Lander and or Bruton for the tired wingers Davison and Yankey.  The Everton full backs were really struggling and we paid the price in the end. The game was there to be won, especially after dominating the second half. It was like a snake biting and strangling a mangoose  and then deciding not to finish it and ending being killed.
To me it certainly looked like we were playing for the penalties in extra-time.

From memory they unleashed Dan Carter, but Mo was wise to their ploy and brought on Fern Whelan to snuff her out.

sylvain

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 09:10:52 PM »
Carter came early for Fleeting in the second half...and that's it. 2 forwards on th bench fresh legs in extra time maybe...well no,  not needed  >:(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:14:51 PM by sylvain »