Author Topic: Buffalo Flash joining WPS  (Read 2044 times)

Offline EliteImp

• View Profile
Buffalo Flash joining WPS
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »
The Buffalo Flash has agreed upon an expansion fee to become the eighth team in Women’s Professional Soccer in 2011...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100915/SPORTS/100915034/1007/SPORTS/New-Buffalo-based-women-s-pro-soccer-team-could-play-games-in-Rochester

I hope they won't be nicking more Super League players  >:(

Sylvain

Re: Buffalo Flash joining WPS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
They did have a few English girls during the summer but they can only have 5 internationals so the risk are limited and none of those were England regulars ( Pond, Heatherson, Holtham and Davison)

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
I believe a buffalo was in UK to watch England Seniors at Shrewsbury.  He might of contacted one or two of our players.  We need to get them all under contract to stay in the UK. Are they?

Sylvain

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:44 AM »
As much as I like Gemma Davison at Arsenal, I think she needs to go there to get a chance to play for England.
Obviously what she has achieved in England is not good enough for Hope Powell and she needs to reach a new step in her evolution.
So a year in the WPS will do that and might open the eyes of the England coach ...or not.
But it will certainly improve her game especially on the strength / power side.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:43:46 PM by Sylvain »

Sylvain

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
I believe a buffalo was in UK to watch England Seniors at Shrewsbury.  He might of contacted one or two of our players.  We need to get them all under contract to stay in the UK. Are they?
If we discount those who are already in the USA and those who have just moved out to SL clubs, there is only 9 players succeptible of moving :

Brown Everton 
Chamberlain Unattached Birmingham ? played very succesfully in the summer with Vancouver maybe
Johnson Everton 
Rafferty Chelsea
Stoney signed up for Chelsea
Unitt Everton
F White Arsenal
Bassett Unattached Birmingham ?
J Scott Everton
Buet Chelsea
Williams Everton refused Philadelphia

Out of those I can only see Chamberlain and Bassett being drafted. The Everton girls are in the Champions' League, the Chelsea girls are back in training.
So only the two unattached (?)players are open and not signed to a club.

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
one could always the players "How do you fancy becoming a Flasher?"[/color] ;D ;D

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
 :D Would any of them want to flash!

From what I heard the buffalo wasnt impressed enough with any of em to invite em to flash!

We need to keep em all here to improve the league.  Never mind HP and what she thinks.  She has the best players and no influene from the other side of the pond will come into her reckoning, I reckon !! :o