Author Topic: Sunderland 1 Forest 2  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Sunderland 1 Forest 2
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »
Just got back from the game and disappointed in the scoreline but very happy with the display from the lasses. You're gonna call me biased but you probably wont see a more undeserved victory this season. Forest hardly threatened in the first half with one shot on goal where as Sunderland scored, hit the bar and created a load of other chances. Only a error from the usually solid Rachael Laws in goal where she let the ball slip through her hands in a bread and butter catch let Forest back in it. Sunderland will be fine if they play like that all season and I predict another top half finish :) Well done Forest, enjoy a gifted 3 points!

Haway the lasses!!!
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: Sunderland 1 Forest 2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
Just got back from the game and disappointed in the scoreline but very happy with the display from the lasses. You're gonna call me biased but you probably wont see a more undeserved victory this season. Forest hardly threatened in the first half with one shot on goal where as Sunderland scored, hit the bar and created a load of other chances. Only a error from the usually solid Rachael Laws in goal where she let the ball slip through her hands in a bread and butter catch let Forest back in it. Sunderland will be fine if they play like that all season and I predict another top half finish :) Well done Forest, enjoy a gifted 3 points!

Haway the lasses!!!

Did Sunderland enjoy more of the possession during the match against Forest?
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Re: Sunderland 1 Forest 2
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »

Haway the lasses!!!

Did Sunderland enjoy more of the possession during the match against Forest?

Possession wise for the whole game I'm not really sure John. I just remember Forest hardly troubling the keeper in the first half, and not having more than one or two shots on goal. They didn't even make it into our box for the first 20 minutes. Second half they were better and it was a more even game. Two set pieces were our undoing! Fair play to Forest though if they can dig out results like that when they don't particularly play well they'll be a though team to play. I would love to think Sunderland could do that aswell, it's a sign of a good team.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:33:39 PM by Mackem Steve »
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt