Author Topic: England Boss  (Read 2015 times)

Offline treble99

• View Profile
England Boss
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:45:37 AM »
Seem's to be a few snipers on here keen on seeing Hope Powell reign as England boss come to an end, lets NOT get into a slagging debate over Hope....just name your choice for NEW England Boss and why.... ;)

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
Re: England Boss
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »
Seem's to be a few snipers on here keen on seeing Hope Powell reign as England boss come to an end, lets NOT get into a slagging debate over Hope....just name your choice for NEW England Boss and why.... ;)
Not an Arsenal supporter, but Vic Akers for me and the reason? well do I need to elaberate on his obvious success?

Sylvain

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:59:26 AM »
Mo Marley : proven track at international level although I am not a fan of her non rotation system
Emma Hayes : guaranteed attacking football which is the winning way at international level + the feedback that I got about her training sessions is good
Keith Boanas : his record at club level is excellent + a very nice person as well ( I mean you are more likely to get an answer  if ask him some questions about tactics/team selection than HP)

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Not Vic I think.  I am not sure he would ever want to leave arsenal.  Definitely not Mo Marley.  I think its time for a male manager with a female deputy.  I am not at all chauvinistic but the past few months have shown that an impartial head is needed.  Keith Boanas maybe.............. has proved he is an excellent manager but who else could be considered.  Emma Hayes has joined Washington Freedom in some capacity but event though she is an excellent coach I am not sure she has the right management skills.Lets have some suggestions... Marcus Bignot maybe someone who has experience of mens football would be an advantage as long as thevve worked in womens footie too.

Offline Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
Id like Vic but yeah its not going to happen.
Not so keen on Mo after seeing a few of her international games recently, not attacking enough in my opinion.
Boanas possibility
Maybe we have to wait for womens football popularity to grow in our country before we get to pick a greater manager.

Johnny Ramone

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
I think that it is more than possible that following the World Cup, Hope will be coaching in the USA at a WPS club.  Only one choice for me, the best coach in WPL last season.....Rick Passmoor.

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
If I have missed soemhting and Hope Powell is leavign then Mo Marley is an easy choice..  If she hasnt resigned or leaving then thread in poor taste.. so what have I missed?
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Sylvain

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
I think she might be gone by the 7th of October earliest after the first loosers play-off.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:30:19 PM by Sylvain »

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
If I have missed soemhting and Hope Powell is leavign then Mo Marley is an easy choice..  If she hasnt resigned or leaving then thread in poor taste.. so what have I missed?
Poor taste? Why?

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »
why is it poor taste, there is always speculation about mens england manager changes and suggestions and preferences are made without any accusation of poor taste.  Its just speculation and this is following recent criticisms of Powell. 

I would like to see her coach in the US.  It may open her eyes to other ways to encourage better performances from her players.  The American way is encouragement and also the will to win throughout the camp!

I am not denying she probably helped get the womens game developed thus far but its probaly time for new ideas.

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »
why is it poor taste, there is always speculation about mens england manager changes and suggestions and preferences are made without any accusation of poor taste.  Its just speculation and this is following recent criticisms of Powell.