Author Topic: katie anderton  (Read 9744 times)

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
Re: katie anderton
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 02:01:56 AM »
Ok I have seen plenty of blackburn over the last few seasons Katie is a top player with a bad attitude this lets her down blackburn have some very good young players coming through (won a very good reserve division this season) so if they can hang on to some senior players will do well next season

don

Cant argue with any of that... Although I have only ever heard about a bad attitude.. never seen one.. always pleasent enough when I have seen her :)
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
if she turned Arsenal down once, she wont get another chance - just as you dont turn down the England Job............I wonder if she regrets it now, if you look at where her career has gone.........Lander is a tricky one, she always seemed to score against Arsenal when I saw her play for Watford, but looks a little lightweight ..I am more of a Fleeting man myself.......head or feet ;)
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
if she turned Arsenal down once, she wont get another chance - just as you dont turn down the England Job............I wonder if she regrets it now, if you look at where her career has gone..

why do you only turn down arsenal once?  are they really that special?  (england.. havent you seen the current mens team.. at least one player who has turned them down in the past is in) as for regretting it... She obviously had good reason for not wanting to up roots and play down south so why would anyone regret a decision they made with good reason..

I can look back on life like anyone else and think what could have been. but i also have the sense to know that given my time again I would do everyhting the same because everything i have done was because i thought it was best.  

I think your giving katie anderton a hard time for no good reason :(

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
Sorry, I was referring to the Managers job.........I am not giving her a hard time, only my opinion.........she doesnt strike me as the sort of player who would improve the Arsenal team.........

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
why do you only turn down arsenal once?  are they really that special?

Arsenal's record speaks for itself.

if she turned Arsenal down once, she wont get another chance

Karen Carney got another chance.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
I didnt know that Carney had turned Arsenal down...I thought she was at Birmingham, then moved to Arsenal and then went to USA.......is there something inbetween I missed?

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
I didnt know that Carney had turned Arsenal down...I thought she was at Birmingham, then moved to Arsenal and then went to USA.......is there something inbetween I missed?

Karen mentioned it in the interview she did with the Official Arsenal Magazine in August 2006.  Vic also said at the time that Katie Champan had turned us down when Katie left Fulham for Charlton.  Vic said he had told her at the time that she should ring him if she ever changed her mind.  Rachel Yankey also turned us down when she joined Birmingham for Fulham.  All three players still ended up at Arsenal in the end.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »
thanks for that, all new to me but I am not sure if Anderton is in the same envelope as those 3 players....but we'll wait and see..........

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
thanks for that, all new to me but I am not sure if Anderton is in the same envelope as those 3 players....but we'll wait and see..........

I think you will be waiitng a long time.. not all players want to play for arsenal.. some dont even want to go south :)

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 05:31:23 PM »

I think you will be waiitng a long time.. not all players want to play for arsenal.. some dont even want to go south :)

Players with ambition want to join Arsenal for the professional way we run our club.  That is the reason why you hear Katie Chapman stating recently that she would like to finish her career back at the club.

thebeautifulsouth

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
Plenty of players have come and gone (from Blackburn) in the last few years.............mostly making little or no impact on the team....the only constant were Katie Anderton and Lynda Shepherd.   The loyalty of these 2 players can't be questioned.  Anderton joined the club whilst in the Northern Combination and has scored 182 goals in her 7 year spell. Lynda Shepherd joined in the Northern League...Both joined when it wasn't a fashionable club and took the club into the Premier League..  So, called bigger names have been at the club...Amanda Barr and Pauline Hamell...but not lasted a season. 

Women's football isn't just about Arsenal...it's about some players ignoring money and playing for the club they love.  I know for one, she had no regrets about turning down Arsenal or any other club for that matter.

The reason for Anderton's departure from Blackburn will no doubt come out in time....but it wasn't about money.  It has to be said that some Arsenal players didn't show loyalty when another club started paying more. 

Anderton is with no doubt, the best player ever to play for Blackburn Rovers LFC...and I for one wish her well....she will always be welcomed back as a club legend.

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
Lynda Shepherd's always had potential to play at a higher level, wether that be with her present team or anyone else, so if she's moved on good luck to her, she served Blackburn well, as has Katie.
Blackburn are a good footballing side, so they won't be short of request from other players to join their set up surely?!

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
I don't think Arsenal should have been in for Anderton in the first place. She is a good player, not as good as someone like Fleeting.

I do think she'll look back at what could have been once her career is finished.  You look back at the big games and the medals you have won.  She could have got a lot of medals if she had gone to Arsenal.  Seven league titles on the trot shows how good Arsenal are.

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »
Players with ambition want to join Arsenal for the professional way we run our club. 

are you suggesting no other clubs are run in a profesional manner?  thats nearly as proposterous as you suggesting players with ambition only want to join arsenal.. what about players who dont want to uproot and move south.. they sit at home wishing arsenal was in the north do they?

your getting a bit silly now.. thinking high of a club is great.. thinking they are the holy grail for all women players in the country (who al surely have ambition?) is bordering on fantasy..

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 01:25:33 AM »
Players with ambition want to join Arsenal for the professional way we run our club. 

are you suggesting no other clubs are run in a profesional manner?  thats nearly as proposterous as you suggesting players with ambition only want to join arsenal.. what about players who dont want to uproot and move south.. they sit at home wishing arsenal was in the north do they?

your getting a bit silly now.. thinking high of a club is great.. thinking they are the holy grail for all women players in the country (who al surely have ambition?) is bordering on fantasy..

"Light touch paper and stand back!"  ;)

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »

are you suggesting no other clubs are run in a profesional manner?  thats nearly as proposterous as you suggesting players with ambition only want to join arsenal.. what about players who dont want to uproot and move south.. they sit at home wishing arsenal was in the north do they?

I never said other clubs are not run in a professional manner at all.  I agree with Rachel Brown who said on TV a while ago that Arsenal are the most professionally run club in the country.  You ask any of our former players about how the club is run.

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
any player male or female would want to join the best clubs, not all get an opportunity to do that - but when it comes along, it should be taken..........which have been the best clubs in womens football over the last 3/4 years....?

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 12:08:03 AM »
any player male or female would want to join the best clubs, not all get an opportunity to do that - but when it comes along, it should be taken..........which have been the best clubs in womens football over the last 3/4 years....?

In actual fact I'd go as far as saying Arsenal have pretty much been the dominating force in English football since the 1991/92 season.  In the league we've won 9 of the last 10 titles.

Johnny Ramone

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:57 AM »

Offline Betty Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »
Think those of us who know her would agree with that, great player come and join Lynda Shepherd at City hahaha ;)