Author Topic: Are Leeds still a team?  (Read 6394 times)

Offline pat51

• View Profile
Re: Are Leeds still a team?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:27 PM »
good news..only ever been to a Leeds home game once , but seemed like a proper club with good support and an excellent programme. Also saw their reserves in a cup final at Staines and the team had brought lots of supporters down with them. Charlton have come back from the edge, hopefully Leeds will do the same.

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
Ladies football is set to return under the umbrella of Leeds United.
Following a troubled campaign that almost saw Leeds Ladies disappear, Leeds United have stepped in to ensure senior women's football will remain in the area.
Leeds United's Football In The Community scheme will be heading up a new committee to oversee the running of the club.
And Leeds United CEO Shaun Harvey is hoping ladies football in the city will prosper again under new guidance.
"It was important that the Ladies team continued and prospered," said Harvey.
"The main objective for the club has got to be to create opportunities for females from within the local community rather than create an 'elite' team made up of players from outside of the area.
"There should be a seamless progression from junior football to the Leeds United Girls Centre of Excellence through to senior football so those who wish to continue playing the game are able to."
Leeds United's Head of Football In The Community Mick Ferguson said: "I'd like to thank Leeds United for stepping in, and I'd also like to thank Steve Russell at Ringways for his continued support

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100708/leeds-united-ladies-are-back_2247585_2087474

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 01:47:32 AM »
 hope some of the players stay and I really hope the manager rick passmoor stays.. if ever you go to a leeds ladies game.. get yourself near the bench and listen to this guy... he comments on every kick and pass and is quite funny to listen to.. probably the the best womens manager i have watched :) games need people like him and teams like leeds
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Johnny Ramone

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
The reserves manager (Gemma), is taking over from Rick Passmoor. It'll be local players in the squad, at least for the next couple of years.

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
The reserves manager (Gemma), is taking over from Rick Passmoor. It'll be local players in the squad, at least for the next couple of years.

so he has moved on... I honestly didnt know that when i posted.. or even a possibility.. thats a shame :(
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com