Author Topic: RIP twmcat  (Read 26339 times)

Offline Agent Smith

• View Profile
Re: RIP twmcat
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
Indeed a very nice gesture, I was pleased to hear about it earlier.

So sorry to hear about Vic's Mother, too... :(

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 01:44:49 PM »
Unfortunately I never met Clive and knew him only through the forum and Facebook, although we must have been at a few games together without joining up.

Not being a follower of the Gunners and Lady Gunners, I didn't know Clive as well as many of you but always enjoyed his enthusiasm for his favourite teams and for women's football in general. Real class from the club and those of you involved in the tributes last night at Meadow Park.

Like all of you Boreham Wood faithful, I'll greatly miss his posts and his comments on his beloved Gunners and our occasional banter. RIP friendly twmcat

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 02:52:56 AM »
 Clive introduced me to his mate ron many moons ago and I know they traveled to games together.. not heard from ron on here or facebook.. he will be effected more than most and i wondered if anyone had heard from him.....
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Sylvain

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
I haven't from him since. I have messaged him but no reply.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »
I didn't know twmcat personally, but I'd still like to offer my condolences to all concerned.

It is sad/upsetting to see earlier posts on the forum from somebody who is deceased.  :(

Offline smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
Clive introduced me to his mate ron many moons ago and I know they traveled to games together.. not heard from ron on here or facebook.. he will be effected more than most and i wondered if anyone had heard from him.....

I've not heard from Ron since Tuesday when i spoke to him on fb.  Left some messages but heard nothing back yet.

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
I'm desperately sorry to hear about this!

I only knew him through talking with him on this message board, but I enjoyed those conversations, and because of them liked him very much. He struck me as someone utterly decent!

He will be missed!

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »
Clive was a truly wonderful man in every sense.  I just can’t quite believe it has happened.  I had only been with him a few days earlier to watch the Arsenal versus Everton game at Marine Football Club. 

He was such a kind and generous man who always went out of his way to help me. 

Clive will be sorely missed, but always remembered.

R.I.P. Clive

John
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
Maybe one of the boards could be named after him, like the Arsenal child board or the National League one.  He was an ever present on here so it might be approprate..

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Maybe one of the boards could be named after him, like the Arsenal child board or the National League one.  He was an ever present on here so it might be approprate..

I agree it would be a nice tribute if a specific part of the board was renamed in Clive’s memory.  I know http://forum.football.co.uk recently announced that they had renamed “The Lounge” in memory of Clive.  The Lounge is now called Clive’s Lounge.

http://forum.football.co.uk/about289178-0-asc-0.html
http://forum.football.co.uk/about244675.html
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
Yes I had thought about that and was intending to discuss it with some forum members at the FA Cup Final. Unfortunately I am now working again and am not sure I will be able to make the final so any ideas as to which board we should rename let me know....

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Clive did his best to promote welsh ladies football, but as not so many of us post there, it would not be a fitting tribute - If his name could be permanently displayed on the front page of the topics menu - that would be an idea - not sure if Clive's real name or his user name would be appropriate to be honest but just to remember the decent man here would go down well with all that know him.
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:29 AM »
Yes I was thinking the Wales one but then it isn't used a lot as you say...The National one doesn't seem a good idea with the Super League coming along...

Not quite sure I get what you mean about the front page of the topics menu though ?

Sylvain

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 02:05:38 AM »
Hi all, this is a message left on Clive's fb page by his ex wife today: 

Once again, to all of Clive's friends, the update I promised. Because of the circumstances I outlined earlier I have been unable to have any input into Clive's committal (funeral) and' as a consequence can only pass on the following. A week last Friday the Coroner contacted me with regard to funeral arrangements - I appreised her of the situation and she had no option to contact the Council. At midday today a gentleman told me CLIVE'S funeral is scheduled for 11am Wednesday 11th May - TOMORROW at the Crematorium, Mochdre, just off the A55. I am so sorry about the short notice as I am certain some of you would have been there - as would I but Iam working in Cambridgeshire.

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
thanks for this Shlj.
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »
Wow cant believe it!!! As so many others have mentioned, he was one of the first I had banter with on here and made me feel welcome.

"He whom you have loved and lost
is no longer where he was before,
He is now wherever you ARE"

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
Are there any other idea's about which board it would be best to dedicate to Clive ?

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »
Maybe the Arsenal Ladies or men's football board.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »

Yea, I would probably say that as well unless you create a board for him or rename 'off topic...'

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »

suggest we offer the option to Smithy (to decide)