Author Topic: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup line-up complete  (Read 3557 times)

Sylvain

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup line-up complete
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:03:29 PM »

Brazil and Colombia became the final nations to book their tickets for FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup 2010 on Monday 15 March, thus completing the line-up for the showpiece tournament. Organising Committee (OC) President Steffi Jones took the opportunity to congratulate both football associations on qualifying and welcome them both to Germany.

"A World Cup without Brazil is inconceivable. The Brazilian national team brings technique, class and flair to the table and they are undoubtedly one of the favourites. Colombia will be participating in their first ever U-20 Women's World Cup and I'm sure they've got a surprise or two up their sleeves too," said Jones.

As well as Brazil and Colombia, also contesting the tournament will be New Zealand, Japan, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, England, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Mexico, USA, Nigeria, Ghana and hosts Germany, with the opening match in Bochum on 13 July and the final in Bielefeld on 1 August 2010. Augsburg and Dresden will also be staging matches as host cities.

"We couldn't have imagined a more exciting set of teams - we're guaranteed to see some top-quality football. I think the favourites have to be Germany, USA, Brazil and Korea DPR, but England, Switzerland, Japan and Nigeria are all in with a chance too. I'm also looking forward to seeing new teams like Costa Rica, Ghana, Sweden and Colombia in action. We at the Organising Committee will be doing everything we can to make sure this tournament is a huge success," said the OC President.

The 16 qualified nations will be split into four groups at the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup 2010 draw in Dresden on 22 April.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1181390.html#fifa+u+womens+world+cup+line+complete

The big teams are there and the competition is down the road from here, it is a good chance to see tomorrow's star in action.
The England team could win the title as they are coming into the competition as UEFA U19 Euro winners.

Sylvain

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup line-up complete
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »
The draw is tomorrow at 1300 local time and there is no specific about the draw being intergral or restriction like not two teams from same confederation ? 
We could end up with a nightmare group like Germany USA France and England if there is no restriction.

Sylvain

U-20 teams learn their fate
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »

Dresden Castle was the spectacular venue for the official group stage draw for the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Germany 2010 this Thursday. The representatives from each of the 16 qualified nations followed proceedings attentively as their opponents for the group stages of the tournament which takes place between 13 July and 1 August in the four host cities of Augsburg, Bielefeld, Bochum and Dresden were revealed.

There promises to be plenty of excitement in Group C, in which England, Nigeria, Mexico and Japan will be competing for a place in the quarter-finals. Hosts Germany are up against Costa Rica, Colombia and France in Group A, while reigning champions USA were drawn with Ghana, Switzerland and Korea Republic. However, the toughest group on paper is probably Group B, which pits Brazil with former champions Korea DPR, European giants Sweden and New Zealand.

In a curious twist of fate, the opening game of the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup mirrors the first fixture of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ as the hosts take on Costa Rica.

Following the Draw, Steffi Jones said: "You can hear and feel the enthusiasm and euphoria. The guests can look forward to four great host cities and you should be aware that the U-20 girls play world class football." Whereas Der Kaiser, Franz Beckenbauer, Chairman of the Organising Committee for the FIFA U-20 and U-17 Women's World Cups, added: "The U-20 Women's World Cup in Chile was a very successfull World Cup. I am pretty sure that Germany 2010 will be as successfull as the one in Chile two years ago."

The draw itself was presided over by Tatjana Haenni, FIFA's Head of Women's competitions, and carried out by six high-profile players from the world of women's football, Yuki Nagasato (Japan), Carol Carioca (Brazil), Adjoa Bayor (Ghana), Alexandra Krieger, Marie-Louise Bagehorn and Dzsenifer Marozsan (all Germany).

The 16 teams were split into four groups of four, with the top two teams from each group going through to the quarter-finals.

The teams were drawn into the following groups:

Group A: Germany (hosts), Costa Rica, Colombia and France

Group B: Brazil, Korea DPR, Sweden, New Zealand

Group C: England, Nigeria, Mexico, Japan

Group D: USA, Ghana, Switzerland, Korea Republic

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1196545.html#u+teams+learn+their+fate

Arf Germany at home, bad luck  >:( Hopefully we can take care of Costa Rica and Columbia

Sylvain

Reaction to the U-20 Women’s World Cup draw
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »

Following the Final Draw for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Germany 2010, held at Dresden Castle on Thursday, the 16 nations now know the scale of the task ahead in their quest for places in the quarter-finals. FIFA.com was there to record the reaction of the coaches and officials involved.

GROUP A

I’m delighted we don’t have to play an Asian team at the group stage. Costa Rica qualified at Canada’s expense, so we’re aware of their quality. Looking at the group as a whole, you’d have to say France are our most difficult opponents. Our first target is to get through the group stage, but we ultimately want to stay in the tournament until the end. I believe we have a chance of winning it, because we’re the home team and we’ll have the crowds behind us. And meeting Costa Rica in the opening match is a good omen, because it was the same for our men at the 2006 World Cup, Germany coach Maren Meinert.

I think it’s a very good draw. Germany are favourites in Group A. We’re aiming to make the quarter-finals. We’ll spend the remaining time training hard in Colombia. We’ve played Costa Rica twice in the past and won. The only opponents we know nothing about are France. I’m expecting a fine tournament, Colombia coach Ricardo Rozo.

Germany aside, we don’t really know that much about our opponents. The hosts are definitely the most difficult team in our group, even if England are currently European champions. Our goal is a place in the quarter-finals. If we then go on and finish fourth like we did in Chile, that would be wonderful. But we’re specially pleased about our host cities, because it means some of our fans will follow us to Germany, France coach Jean-Michel Degrange.

GROUP B

We’re in an evenly-matched group. I regard North Korea as favourites to win the trophy, but our goal is to make the final. We have 40 days left for training – and we’re training in Granja Comary Teresopolis, which is where the men train too. I’m delighted the tournament’s in Germany. I’m expecting some fantastic crowds, Brazil coach Marcos Gaspar.

I think with the U-20s in 2008 going within seconds of reaching the quarterfinals, and the performances of the Football Ferns at the Cyprus Cup in the last two years, New Zealand are being taken a lot more seriously. Obviously, we’ll still be considered outsiders for the group but that suits us fine. We’re quietly confident of surprising a few teams, New Zealand coach Tony Readings.

GROUP C

It’s a tough group. Apart from Nigeria, who we met at Chile 2008, I don’t really know too much about our opponents. We’ve never played Japan or Mexico at U-20 level. It’ll be a terrific experience. We made the quarter-finals in 2002 in Canada, and 2008 in Chile, but just surviving the group will be a big ask this time. If we make it to the knockout stages, we’ll start setting our sights higher, England coach Mo Marley.

I’m happy with the draw. All the teams in the group are strong, but none particularly stands out. I’ve not yet seen our opponents play so I don’t really know exactly how we’ll prepare for the tournament just yet. We’re aiming to reach the final. We’re always good for a surprise, but so are many of the other teams, Nigeria coach Ndem Adat Egan.

Our group is one of the most difficult at the World Cup. We keep a close eye on all the teams and we’re aware of their strengths, so we’ll obviously have to prepare accordingly. Our target is a place in the quarter-finals. We’re holding a training camp in Mexico this May, and we’re playing the USA twice. A few of our U-20 players will appear for the senior team and take on Japan. I already sense there’s going to be a tremendous atmosphere in Germany, Mexico coach Gerardo Lepe.

Every team in our group is strong, but our target is to win the trophy! I’m hoping for big crowds and lots of support at the finals. We’ll be training in Germany from mid-June, and we have friendlies against Germany and the USA. But I can tell you one thing for certain: during the tournament, we’re going to miss our Japanese food! Japan official Kaori Yamada.

GROUP D

I wouldn’t say we’re coming to the tournament to defend the trophy, I’d say we’re taking part with the aim of winning it again. It’s a big difference, because at the end of the day, we’re talking about a completely new team. Only two of the squad played at the 2008 finals in Chile, although one of them is Sydney Leroux [winner of the adidas Golden Ball and Golden Shoe at Chile 2008]. Looking at Switzerland, I’m specially impressed by Ramona Bachmann. The South Koreans play great football: technically skilled, well-organised and attractive. And Ghana are there for the first time, so they’ll be really enthusiastic, USA coach Jill Ellis.

I don’t have great expectations of the tournament. The USA are obviously favourites to win the group and it’ll be tough against them, but that apart, we’ll take it as it comes. We’re just thrilled to be there. We’re aware that we’ll have to achieve something extraordinary if we’re to contribute towards making women’s football more popular at home. We made it to the semi-finals at the EURO, but not a great many people in Switzerland were aware of that. It’ll be different at the World Cup in Germany. We’ll see real passion and enthusiasm, because lots of fans and family members will make the trip too. We also have a couple of players in the German Bundesliga. Will Ramona Bachmann play for us at the World Cup? She most certainly will! Switzerland coach Yannick Schwery.

I think the group’s okay. We have to play the world champions, but we’ve already prepared for that. Our initial target is to reach the quarter-finals, which ought to be a realistic goal. We believe in our qualities, which are clearly in the areas of technique and skill. Whatever, we’re really looking forward to Germany and its harmonious blend of great atmosphere and glorious footballing history, Korea Republic coach Jin-Cheul Choi.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1198188.html#reaction+u+womens+world+cup+draw

Offline Eurycantha

• View Profile
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup on Eurosport
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:26:31 AM »
Eurosport news on the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup

FOOTBALL

FIFA Under-20 Women's World Cup in Germany

13 July - 1 August

Two days after the end of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, another World Cup is on air on Eurosport. Germany will play host to 20 days of fine footballing action in July as the FIFA Under-20 Women's World Cup comes to town. Matches will be played across four different venues (Augsburg, Bielefeld, Bochum and Dresden) and the tournament will serve as a taster of what is to come when Germany hosts the FIFA Women's World Cup in 2011.

The 16 teams are divided into four groups.

Group A: Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Germany

Group B: Brazil, Korea DPR, New Zealand, Sweden

Group C: England, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria

Group D: Ghana, Korea Republic, Switzerland, USA

The last edition in 2008 in Chile left a lasting footprint in the football culture of its hosts and also produced more goals scored (130) than any of the previous FIFA Under-20 Women's World Cup competitions. USA defeated Korea DPR in the final to win their second title and also made it a clean sweep, taking home all the individual awards (Golden Ball, Golden Shoe, Golden Glove) and in addition the FIFA Fair Play award.

Eurosport and Eurosport 2 will bring fans comprehensive LIVE coverage with over 40 hours of broadcast: 18 hours on Eurosport and 25 hours on Eurosport 2, plus a few delayed marches on both channels.

Sylvain

Group A: Latin America versus Europe
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »

Four teams, two philosophies, one common objective. As the excitement mounts ahead of the commencement of the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup 2010 on 13 July, we take a look at Group A, where sides from Latin America and Europe will fight it out for two of the coveted quarter-final spots. Host nation Germany, who won the tournament in Thailand in 2004, are the clear favourites, while Colombia and Costa Rica set out hoping to deal a massive blow to France's quest for glory.

That will not be easy, however, as Les Bleuettes can point to a fourth-placed finish at the most recent edition of the tournament in Chile in 2008 and a semi-final appearance at the UEFA European Women's Under 19 Championship in Belarus last year. Like Germany, France demonstrate superb tactical awareness at this age level, but Costa Rica will look to counter their efficiency with the goal threat posed by Raquel Rodríguez Cedeño. Aged just 16, this exceptional striker bagged ten goals in a qualifying campaign that saw Las Tricolores edge out Canada. Colombia, meanwhile, are relishing their outsider status and hope to spring a surprise with their technical ability.

The teams in Group A
Germany
Costa Rica
Colombia
France

The matches (all kick-offs in local time)
Germany - Costa Rica, Bochum, 13 July, 11.30
Colombia - France, Bochum, 13 July, 14.30
Costa Rica - France, Bochum, 16 July, 15.00
Germany - Colombia, Bochum, 16 July, 18.00
France - Germany, Augsburg, 20 July, 11.30
Costa Rica - Colombia, Dresden, 20 July, 11.30

The location
The first two matchdays in this section take place in Bochum. Home to some 375,000 people, the Ruhr city will thus be very much in the spotlight in the early stages of the tournament, especially when it stages the Opening Ceremony.

Yet that is not all. The stadium of popular German club VfL Bochum, now of the second division, will host a quarter-final game and a semi-final in its complement of eight matches this year, and is also one of nine host venues for the FIFA Women's World Cup™ in 2011.

The crunch match
France - Germany, Augsburg, 20 July, 11.30

No one can say whether this clash of the giants on the final day of the group stage will decide who tops the section. But it certainly promises to be a feast of football, as the teams have already served up two treats in as many years. In Chile in 2008, Germany overcame France 5-3 in the match for third place, and followed this up with a 2-1 win in the group stage of the UEFA European Women's U-19 Championship last year. All the more motivation, then, for Les Bleuettes to exact revenge on their neighbours by beating them on their own turf.

The opening gambit
"It's always tough against European teams and Costa Rica did well to knock out Canada in qualifying. Colombia, on the other hand, are big unknowns."
Germany midfielder Marina Hegering in an exclusive interview with FIFA.com

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1272403.html#group+a+latin+america+versus+europe

Sylvain

Group B: New faces and old hands
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »

Group B: New faces and old hands
(FIFA.com) Sunday 11 July 2010
Print
Email my friend

The fact that Sweden are contesting the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup for the first time in Germany comes as something of a surprise, given the Swedes have been one of the most formidable forces in the women’s game for many years. Coach Calle Barrling’s debutants are aiming for one of the top two places in Group B, where they meet three seasoned campaigners in Brazil, battling for the U-20 crown for the fifth time, and three-time participants Korea DPR and New Zealand.

Korea DPR must be considered among the contenders this time round, having reached the final in the last two editions of the tournament. They claimed the trophy in Russia on their FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup debut in 2006 and finished runners-up to the USA two years later in Chile.

Meanwhile, the Brazilian camp has been carefully downplaying their team’s chances in the build-up to the finals, but most observers reckon they too could be potential winners. As for New Zealand, their excellent showings at the two FIFA junior tournaments in 2008 will see them arrive in confident mood. At the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2008 on home soil, the Kiwis beat Colombia 3-1 to register a first-ever victory at a FIFA women’s finals.

The teams in Group B
Brazil
Korea DPR
Sweden
New Zealand

Brazil-Korea DPR, Bielefeld, 13 July, 11.30
Sweden-New Zealand, Bielefeld, 13 July, 14.30
Brazil-Sweden, Bielefeld, 16 July, 15.00
Korea DPR-New Zealand, Bielefeld, 16 July, 18.00
New Zealand-Brazil, Dresden, 20 July, 14.30
Korea DPR-Sweden, Augsburg, 20 July, 14.30

How they qualified
Brazil: As Canarinhas beat Colombia 2-0 in the final of the South American U-20 Championship.
Korea DPR: Third at the finals of the Asian U-19 Championship.
Sweden: Finalists at the UEFA Women's U-19 Championship.
New Zealand: The Kiwis comfortably overcame American Samoa, the Cook Islands and Tonga at the OFC U-20 Women’s Championship.

The location
The stadium in Bielefeld, home to German Bundesliga 2 outfit Arminia Bielefeld, boasts a capacity of 23,043, thus offering a perfect setting for the U-20 tournament. Bielefeld is also the venue for the final and the third-place play-off.

Bielefeld (‘Biliuelde’ in early records) was founded in 1214 by Count Hermann IV of Ravensberg. The Count’s intention was to secure his sovereignty, and boost his own commercial and financial standing by turning Bielefeld into a mercantile centre. During the 19th and early 20th centuries, the textile industry dominated the town’s economic life: in 1870, 11 per cent of all Germany’s spindles and looms were in Bielefeld. Later, a growing engineering sector came to characterise the region. Bielefeld remains Germany’s fifth-biggest mechanical engineering centre. The city’s most famous landmark and historical building is Sparrenburg Castle with its 37-metre tower.

The crunch match
Brazil-Korea DPR, Bielefeld, 13 July, 11.30
The very first matchday features a re-run of the 2006 semi-final, and a group stage fixture in 2008. In Russia, the Brazilians fell 1-0 to Korea DPR, but As Canarinhas took revenge in Chile with a 3-2 win.

The opening gambit
"We’ve landed in a very tricky group. We start against Korea DPR, who were U-17 world champions, the Swedes, one of the acknowledged powers in women’s football and the European Championship runners-up, and New Zealand, who have come on in leaps and bounds since the tournament in 2008. We know it’s going to be hard, but I still believe Brazil are capable of surprising a few people here," Marcos Gaspar, Brazil coach.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1272291.html#group+b+new+faces+hands

Sylvain

Group C: Too close to call
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »

Group C of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Germany 2010 stands out as arguably the most even of the four pools, with no one team a clear favourite. The make-up of the group, which includes three continental champions in the form of England, Nigeria and Japan, as well as Mexico, a regular at this level of women’s football, should make it one to watch.

While women’s football has well and truly taken off in England and Japan over the last few years, Nigeria and Mexico have experience on their side, with seven previous appearances at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup between them. Both the Japanese and the English reached the quarter-finals at Chile 2008, and a lesser achievement this time around would certainly be viewed as failure by their respective coaches, Mo Marley and Norio Sasaki.

Nigeria have been unable to overcome the quarter-final hurdle at the last three tournaments (in 2004, 2006 and 2008), but will be hoping that their fourth attempt will be the lucky one. With the pressure firmly on their three rivals, could Mexico, a side that has never made it past the group stage, gatecrash the party?

The teams in Group C
England
Nigeria
Mexico
Japan

The matches (all kick-offs local time)
England-Nigeria, Augsburg, 14 July, 11.30
Mexico-Japan, Augsburg, 14 July, 14.30
Nigeria-Japan, Augsburg, 17 July, 15.00
England-Mexico, Augsburg, 17 July, 18.00
Japan-England, Bielefeld, 21 July, 15.00
Nigeria-Mexico, Bochum, 21 July, 15.00

How they qualified
England: Winners of the UEFA European U-19 Women’s Championship 2009
Nigeria: Secured one of two available African qualifying berths in February 2010
Mexico: Finished second in the CONCACAF qualifying competition in January 2010
Japan: Winners of the AFC U-19 Women’s Championship 2009

The location
The new Augsburg Arena will provide the stage for the majority of Group C matches. Boasting a capacity of 22,216, the former Rosenaustadion was rebuilt in 2009 in time for this year’s U-20 tournament, and will be one of the official venues of the upcoming FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011.

One of the oldest cities in Germany, Augsburg was founded in Roman times as Augusta Vindelicorum. Its 265,000 residents will take time out from supporting their local heroes of FC Augsburg – who narrowly missed out on promotion to the Bundesliga last season – to enjoy a fiesta of female football during the month of July.

The future stars of the women’s game will follow in the footsteps of legendary football figures such as Helmut Haller, Bernd Schuster and Karl-Heinz Riedle, who all turned out for Augsburg in their respective club careers. For the third and final round of matches, teams will relocate to Bielefeld and Bochum, where the outcome of the group will be decided.

The crunch match:
England-Nigeria, Augsburg, 14 July, 11.30
The first fixture in this group throws together two teams with high hopes for the tournament as a whole, with the side that emerges with three points sure to strike a severe blow to a direct rivals' morale. England will aim to impose the high-quality game that has been so successful for them lately, but Nigeria are certainly not to be taken lightly, having come through their qualifying campaign unbeaten.

The opening gambit
“Our three opponents are very strong, and capable of causing us problems. We’ll pick our game plan one match at a time, but our main focus is on improving our standing at international level,” Norio Sasaki, Japan coach.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1272160.html#group+c+too+close+call

Sylvain

Group D: Champions primed for battle
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »

They have lost just one FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup game since 24 November 2004 – a group fixture with qualification already assured - so it is not in the least surprising that USA, the reigning champions, will be strong favourites to dominate Group D and maybe the entire tournament.

It is an amazing record and it says everything about the strength and reputation that Jill Ellis’ team will bring to the Germany event over the next three weeks. They begin the defence of their crown against tournament newcomers Ghana in what promises to be a baptism of fire for the Black Princesses. It is only the African nation's second appearance at a FIFA women’s youth tournament but they impressed in the qualification campaign where they didn’t concede a goal.

Switzerland and Korea Republic are interesting challengers in their own right with the Swiss aiming to build on last year’s impressive showing at the UEFA U-19 Women's European Championship, while the Koreans will be anxious to make an impact after missing the last two FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup editions and having exited at the group stage in Thailand six years ago.

The teams in Group D
Ghana
Korea Republic
Switzerland
USA

USA-Ghana, Dresden, 14 July, 18:00
Switzerland-Korea Republic, Dresden, 14 July, 15:00
USA-Switzerland, Dresden, 17 July, 18:00
Ghana-Korea Republic, Dresden, 17 July, 15:00
Korea Republic-USA, Bielefeld, 21 July 18:00
Ghana-Switzerland, Bochum, 21 July 18:00

How they qualified
Ghana: Winners of play-off at the CAF U-20 Women’s Championship 2010
Korea Republic: Second in the AFC U-19 Women’s Championship 2009
Switzerland: Semi-finalists at UEFA Women’s U-19 Championship 2009
USA: Winners of the CONCACAF U-20 Women’s Championship 2010

The location
The brand new Rudolf-Harbig Stadion, opened on 15 September 2009, provides a magnificent setting for the Group D matches. Seating 32,066 spectators, it is the home of Dynamo Dresden, the city’s leading club and at one time a major force in the GDR top flight.

Capital of the Free State of Saxony, Dresden is situated on both sides of the Elbe and is Germany’s fourth-biggest city by area. The attractive surrounding landscape and Mediterranean architecture have earned it the soubriquet ‘Florence on the Elbe’. It also has many outstanding landmarks: the most prominent of which are the Church of our Lady (Frauenkirche), completely reconstructed in 2005, the Semper opera house and Zwinger Palace.

Dresden will host the first four matches in the section, and then a last-day game from each of groups A and B. The final two games in group D will be played in Bielefeld and Bochum.

The crunch match
USA-Switzerland
After their opening-day fixtures, these teams will be really looking to hit their stride in this showdown on 17 July. USA’s record in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup is formidable but they will be wary of the Swiss who are providing evidence that they are a looming force in the women’s game at all levels. A victory for Yannick Schwery’s underdogs would make the rest of the 15 teams really sit up and take notice of them while landing a crushing blow on the US’s dream of global dominance once again.

The opening gambit
“I wouldn’t say we’re coming to the tournament to defend the trophy, I’d say we’re taking part with the aim of winning it again. It’s a big difference, because at the end of the day, we’re talking about a completely new team. Only two of the squad played at the 2008 finals in Chile, although one of them is Sydney Leroux [winner of the adidas Golden Ball and Golden Shoe two years ago]," USA coach Jill Ellis.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/news/newsid=1272212.html#group+d+champions+primed+battle

Sylvain

TECHNICAL RULES FOR THE FINAL COMPETITION
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:53 PM »
5. The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,
their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the
teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams
concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams
concerned;
g) fair play point system in which the number of yellow and red cards are
evaluated;
h) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

6. The two teams finishing first and second in each group qualify for the
quarter-finals.

The eight teams that advance from the group stage will contest the quarter-finals
as follows:

Winner Group A v. Runner-up B = Winner 1
Winner Group B v. Runner-up A = Winner 2
Winner Group C v. Runner-up D = Winner 3
Winner Group D v. Runner-up C = Winner 4