Author Topic: Women's Professional Soccer League  (Read 18903 times)

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
Women's Professional Soccer League
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
How many millions will we have to spend?

at least one player from each of the 8 teams - but no restriction on max from any one team?

will internationals played after start of season count?

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
Re: Women's Professional Soccer League
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
Well not all the parameters have been selected yet and also the line-ups have not been finalised yet.
The good thing though is WPS is really good with stats so we will get all the data very quickly after the games.

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
thought I would start the ball rolling - potential managers post your views, wishes etc for consideration before parameters finalised

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »
We will definitely have points for assists and yellow card unlike in the PL as no reliable information is really available here unlike in the US.

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »

will internationals played after start of season count?

what do you mean by this? 

I'd like to clarify what international matches are going to count, surely it can only be WCQ's I assume? I think also you need to decide before the start of the season if the All Star game is going to be included points wise, as its mid-season.

I think the one player from each of the teams is too limiting & maybe it should be one player from at least six teams & no more than two from anyone team. I don't think you can put value's on players, due to the amount of movement there has been in the off season.

Boston have posted the following and I assume this applies to all teams: "The final roster will be set on March 31 with 18 roster players and 4 developmental players." so everyone will be able to go onto the WPS site & pick their players prior to the season starting on April 11th.

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
I think the best way is to have a minimum of 1 player per WPS team and a maximum of 2 per WPS team.
Any official game FIFA/UEFA/AFC/CAF/CONCACAF/OFC/CONMEBOL with a selected player count but not the friendlies ( like the all star game).
For the player's value I think keeping the same rate ie : full international 5 M, youth international 3 M others 1M is good enough.
We will also use the player's position as defined by the WPS website eg Carney is a F not a M.
Team shape will be only 4-4-2 4-3-3 or 3-4-3
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:46:32 AM by wpldreamteam »

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
Rach - perhaps, as indicated in the subsequent post, I should have posed which internationals will count?

Boston have posted the following and I assume this applies to all teams: "The final roster will be set on March 31 with 18 roster players and 4 developmental players." so everyone will be able to go onto the WPS site & pick their players prior to the season starting on April 11th.

so we have just over two weeks before final rosters are set and then time to pick teams

as for number of players per team, then perhaps a compromise with minimum one player per team and no maximum, so you could have 7 teams x 1 player and 1 team x 4 players or if lower minimum number of teams, a maximum of two from any one team so you would need to select players from at least 6 different teams

at least the potential managers are getting a say which is a good thing

vive la liberte!

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:40 PM »
I think the best way is to have a minimum of 1 player per WPS team and a maximum of 2 per WPS team.
Any official game FIFA/UEFA/AFC/CAF/CONCACAF/OFC/CONMEBOL with a selected player count but not the friendlies ( like the all star game).
For the player's value I think keeping the same rate ie : full international 5 M, youth international 3 M others 1M is good enough.
We will also use the player's position as defined by the WPS website eg Carney is a F not a M.
Team shape will be only 4-4-2 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

I think you could have a problem there already.... for example in the pre-season roster list which were released yesterday they have Kelly Smith as Forward/Midfielder.

See all pre-season rosters here: http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/press_releases/100316-WPS-preseason-rosters.aspx

The value's will be nearly impossible to follow if you are going to stick to one player from every team. Most of the teams have full internationals & only a few youth internationals & next to none, none internationals. I think you need to have either the one player from every team (& four others) or the points system, otherwise people will not be interested in having a go as it will be far too confusing.

Also are you going to have the mid-season cut off as after the All Star game as the only point at which a manager can change their team?

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »
do Atlanta Beat have one of the best pairing of players ever on roster?

Shameka Gordon and Shaneka Gordon

vaild comments Rachel - let's hear from other potential managers

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
I think the easiest way will be 1 player per WPS team and no other restriction.
I also think it is better to stick with what the WPS says in term of playing position ie if they say K Smith can play as a 10 MF or a 9 FW,
well she can be selected in both positions.
There will be probably a transfer window at all star game time.

Sylvain

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 11:26:16 PM »
http://fantasy.womensprosoccer.com/

Looks interesting..Do you have to join someones league though ?

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
I suppose the main question would be can you be in more than one league...I will set one up for the forum if thats the case...

Appears that you can by the way as have been playing around a bit more..So please join our league as well as any others you might be in :-)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:47:42 PM by David »

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
Public league created called Womens Football Forum if anyone is interested...

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »
can we please have rules as assists and yellow cards were mentioned earlier; transfer window, no of changes etc

Offline dowiefan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
sign up on website all rles on there..... ive joined and ive no idea bout soccer..... which as resulted in england players in my team lol

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
Just looked at the US one, you can't enter to win if you're not resident of the US so I've entered but not sure about it, very complicated having to change your team every week..... whose crazy idea was that, are they not aware of the concept of transfer windows?!  :-\ will do one on here as well though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:26:53 PM by Rach_83 »

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
I hadn't even looked what the prize actually was !  :D

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Just looked at the US one, you can't enter to win if you're not resident of the US so I've entered but not sure about it, very complicated having to change your team every week..... whose crazy idea was that, are they not aware of the concept of transfer windows?!  :-\ will do one on here as well though.

and it appears if you are resident in certain states you can't win either - but wait, if I can find a newspaper telling us that United Kingdom is a satelite state of USA, does that mean we are eligible to enter and win a prize

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »
can we please have rules as assists and yellow cards were mentioned earlier; transfer window, no of changes etc

Same points as with the Premier League except yellow cards gets you -1 pt and assist 3 pts.
1 transfer window at all star game time and a maximum of 5 changes at the window.
No players value to make it simple and the only restriction will be to have 1 player from each WPS team.