Author Topic: 2010 buffalo flash  (Read 1667 times)

Offline cardy

• View Profile
2010 buffalo flash
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »
.Buffalo Bring English Flair to 2010 Roster 

Posted (03/08/2010) -
The Buffalo Flash of the USL W-League have announced today the signing of English Internationals Gemma Davison, Eartha Pond,,

Davison will be coming to Buffalo directly following her season in the English Premier League playing for one of the most successful football clubs in Europe, the Arsenal Ladies program. Davison will bring extensive experience as she began her career with the Watford Ladies before joining the youth set up at Arsenal. She progressed through the youth system and established herself as a regular in the Arsenal squad in 2006, appearing 68 times with 14 goals during the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons. Davison, 23 in April, also brings experience at the international level, appearing regularly for the Under 19, Under 21 and currently on the U-23 level. Davison debuted for the full England senior squad in April of 2009. Davison is no stranger to the W-League, playing for the New York Magic in 2008, and last year receiving W-League All Conference Honors playing for the Chicago Red Eleven. “I am very excited to bring Gemma to Buffalo,” Coach Aaran Lines says, who led the Flash to the Central Conference Semi final in their inaugural season. “I have had my eye on her ever since the playoffs last season and was very impressed with her game. She is a young, hungry, exciting player to watch who I will expect big things from this season.”

Eartha Pond, an experienced left footed defender, will be making her way across the “pond”-literally-after she closes out her season with the English side Chelsea. In addition to Chelsea Football Club, Pond has also played for Charlton Athletic, Leeds United, and for the Arsenal Ladies where she has helped her squad win the FA Cup, Premier League Cup, and London Cup Winners in 2008/2009. Pond, 26, also has experience in the English U16, U19, and U21 levels. “Eartha will bring a wealth of skill to our back line with her experience internationally and in Europe. I am eager to begin working with her and for the season to begin,” Coach Lines states.

I believe this is the one and only W League team to 'pay' ! ???

Sylvain

Re: 2010 buffalo flash
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »
I guess they won't be alone moving there for the summer. Especially all the players from the Superleague as pe-season games are supposed to start late in september or october...

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
Re: 2010 buffalo flash
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
I guess they won't be alone moving there for the summer. Especially all the players from the Superleague as pe-season games are supposed to start late in september or october...

If Super League starts in March 2011, it will be a lon pre-season from September or October