Author Topic: Norwegian players 2010  (Read 24336 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Fløya captain out for six months
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »
This week Anneli Giske had to go through a cruciate ligament operation after long-term knee troubles. 

It was first thought that she only had a partly ruptured ACL, and she started training up again.  It didn't work.  "It only got much worse.  After two months I couldn't walk normally.  They found out that it was completely severed, as well as several stress injuries and a damaged meniscus.  So I had a new ACL", said Giske to nordlys.no.

Now she has to rest before a long period of recovery comes.  The normal time after an ACL operation is around six months.  "I am not so interested in setting a time-frame, but the doctor said that if all goes well I could perhaps play football again in April or May", said Giske.  This year the Toppserien started on April 5, so Fløya might have to start next season without their international skipper in midfield. 

Anneli Giske's 2010 season has been a frustrating one to put it mildly.  She turned an ankle in February and struggled with small injuries before taking a broken toe.  "The day I came back from those injuries the ACL went.  It has been far from optimal, you could say", said Anneli Giske.   

Anders Mo Hanssen http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/floya/article5328209.ece
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Romance blossoming at Stabæk
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
Stabæk's former Brazilian player Alanzinho, now playing in Turkey, has found himself a Stabæk player.  This week Lisa-Marie Woods admitted that the two are in a relationship.  He has been on the bench a lot at his new club Trabzonspor and she would like him to return to Norway.  "Alanzinho wants to come back to Norway and Stabæk, but perhaps not just yet", said Woods, who visited Alanzinho in Turkey last weekend.

Woods is planning a longer trip to Turkey once the Toppserien season is over.  Alanzinho will also make a trip back to Bærum.  "They get very short notice about free time.  It would be good if he was here when we played a match, and I know he will look forward to meeting the Stabæk boys again", she said to Budstikka.no.

Are Bye http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article182396.ece

On the Stabæk forum:  She can expect some media attention.  If her boyfriend suddenly turns up to watch a match, we can expect 100 journalists at a women's match (well, 10 anyway).  We'll see how Lisa tackles the gossip press, but she is not the most media-shy person so it should be all right.

I suspect VG and Dagbladet (also perhaps Se og Hør :)) will send photographers even without Alanzinho there.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:43:31 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
Re: Norwegian players 2010
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »
Short notice?

:D
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Get to know: Madeleine Giske
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
In our series where we meet our top league players, this time we are in the city of seven mountains, Bergen, and Arna Bjørnar, where one of the Toppserien's best all-round players can be found: Madeleine Giske.

The 23-year-old with almost 50 youth international and 11 A-team matches has had a big profile for several seasons before the present one.  Before 2010 she had played 74 matches in the Toppserien and scored 40 goals.  It would have been more for the sympathetic midfielder if she had not suffered a serious injury two years ago.

"When and where did you start organised football?" - "I was 6 and played at Bjarg where my big brother played - they were two years older than me".

"Who has meant the most for your career so far?" - "There are many who have meant a lot for me through the years.  I have had trainers who believed in me and were there to develop me.  I have a partner I live with who puts me to rights after my everyday life with a lot of training and travelling.  Last but not least my mum and dad have meant a lot to me.  They have turned out and helped me to have the chance to train as much as I have done since I was small.  They have always watched my matches, driven me here and there and have been a huge support.  Dad has played football himself so he gives me good advice, constructive feedback after matches and we sometimes train together, something I value very highly".

"What is your strongest side as a footballer?" - "Playing in the second and last thirds.  I score from a midfield position and can play different positions".

"What is the goal for your future in football?" - "I have been injured a lot in the last two years so it's important for me to stay injury-free.  My immediate goal is to win the league and the cup.  I also want to come back into the national team and my goal is to be at the World Cup in 2011 and the London Olympics the year after.  I also dream about playing abroad".

"What is your biggest dream and what will you be doing in ten years?" - "To win the league and cup, and to win medals in championships.  My dream after football is to have three children and live in a nice house near the sea.  I will stay in good physical shape and I have my own way of doing things that I thrive with".

"If you were to pick a player from another club who you think is one of the best in the Toppserien, who would it be and why?" - "Lene Mykjåland.  She doesn't play in the Toppserien any more but I pick her anyway.  She has an extremely good technique and it's fun to watch her.  It would be great to play alongside her in the national team, but it's never great to play against her in the Toppserien".

"If you are bored or sad, who would you ring?" - "I phone a good friend or my partner".

"How many teams should there be in the Toppserien?" - "Ten teams, with the bottom team being relegated and the next one playing a playoff against the second team in Division-1.  It would be a more even league with a better level and there would be a good chance of promotion".

"Who would you take to a desert island for a month, and what equipment?" - "I would take David Beckham and an iphone".

"12-year-old Trine asks your advice about how to be a good footballer.  What do you say?" - "The most important thing is to have fun and have an inner motivation.  It doesn't help if your parents want you to be good or a friend wants you to be good, you have to want it yourself.  You need to realise there is a lot of training and you might have to postpone social things until you are a little older".

"Which three places MUST you visit?" - "Hawaii, Thailand and Dubai".

"What is your best personal quality?" - "I am fair-minded, open and thoughtful".

"What party meal would you serve?" - "Beef with creamed potatoes and Bernaise sauce".

"And where will Arna Bjørnar finish in the table this year?" - "Third place".      

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=22813
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:04:19 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
Trondheims-Ørn's midfielder Tina Wulf doubles as a TV sports reporter on the TV channel run by the local newspaper Adresseavisen:
http://www.adressa.no/adressasoek/search.fast?view=adressasppublished&mode=simple&s.ac.sortBy=docdatetime&s.ac.offset=0&s.ac.adressaSource=VIDEOTYPE&s.si%2528navigation%2529.navigationEnabled=true&s.sm.query=Tina+Wulf
Erik Hoftun teaches Tina some dirty tricks including Jens Lehmann's 'Achilles kick': http://fotball.adressa.no/webtv/?id=93156
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:49:06 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Woods Toppserien top player
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Toppserien Player of the Year went to Stabæk's Lisa-Marie Woods on Saturday.  

"She has been brilliant in Stabæk's midfield the whole season.  With her expert and consistent play she has been taken into the national team.  She is a clever footballer who makes those round her good, but she is also capable of taking things into her own hands.  13 goals is a strong performance for a defensive midfielder", was the citation.

"Many thanks, this is big for me.  I would like to thank the others in the team who are not here today but who have helped me towards this", said the prizewinner.  

http://www.fotball.no/nff/NFF-nyheter/2010/Hauge-hedret-med-Kniksenprisen/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:57:34 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
I've always thought she was underrated and am really glad she gets her day in the limelight.  Never saw her as a defensive midfielder though.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »
I've always thought she was underrated and am really glad she gets her day in the limelight.  Never saw her as a defensive midfielder though.
I totally agree with you, I have always felt the same, but quality will out . . she used to play right-back at Asker sometimes, so she is versatile.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »
Actually, Player of the year in Toppserien went to Lisa Marie Woods. Player of the year went to Lene Mykjåland.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
Actually, Player of the year in Toppserien went to Lisa Marie Woods. Player of the year went to Lene Mykjåland.
OK, well, I can only go on what it said in the NFF article :)  (which was Toppserien player of the year).  Lene was not mentioned . . so you have better information.  I haven't found out who was running the awards, where were they given out, and is there a complete list of all the awards given out at the same session anywhere? :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:30:35 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
OK, it's sort of technical. NFF gave the price for best player (in Toppserien) of the year to Lisa-Marie Woods, while NISO (Norway's athletes' labour union) gave the best player to Lene Mykjåland. The news are covered here. In all fairness, Lene believed that Lisa-Marie Woods and Lise Klaveness both earned it more.

I don't.  ;)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Tina Wulf's internet answers
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
Vegard: What are your ambitions as a footballer? - I dream of being in the national A-team, and I want to win a title with Trondheims-Ørn!

Petter:  Have you a favourite team in England? - Yes I have: LEEDS!

Gøril Kringen: Do you want to be a trainer one day? - Hi Gøril! No, I have no wish to be a trainer.  Not at a high level anyway.  I will be the trainer for my future children!

Tony: Do you like spaghetti? what is your favourite food? your new friend Tony - Hi Tony! My favourite is taco! nice to meet you.

Magnus Eikrem: Have you a better technique than your boyfriend Christian Gauseth? - Hi Magnus :) I have without doubt a MUCH better technique than Christian.  Maybe you can answer that as well?

Jokke: Hi, you are the best woman player in the country I think, but do you think you will get to play overseas or on the national team? anyway you are the sweetest woman footballer I have seen.  - Hi Jokke :) that's nice to hear, thank you.  I would like to play overseas some time, and if the chance came England would be my dream!

Theea: hi! what do you think of Romolslia artificial pitch? I know you have trained there. - Hi Theea! Romolslia is a very good pitch, and also there are plenty of nice people there :)

Therese: You have started to appear often in lists of babes in sport.  Is that something you value? - Hi Therese! I don't know anything about that, so I can't say.

Johannes: I have heard some rumours.  How many times in a row could you and Magnus Eikrem hit the crossbar in the 5th and 6th class? was it 10? - Hi Johannes! it was probably around 10 I believe.

Nina: Hi.  Since you are known as a technical player, who is the best player one-on-one in the Toppserien? - Hi Nina! :) I think Gunilla Forseth at Trondheims-Ørn is the best one-on-one.  I won't put myself on the list anyway! Even though I am a technical player, one-on-one is not my strongest side.  It needs a lot of speed as well!

Magnar Eike: who is the best footballer you have trained with, boy or girl? - Hi Magnar! without a doubt it's Magnus Eikrem . . a fantastic footballer!

Big fan: Where do you most want to go on holiday, and who with? - Hi :) I have a dream of travelling to China, and I really would like to go with my boyfriend!

Synøve: Which sport would you play apart from football? - Hi Synøve! I used to play handball, I did ski jumping and also gymnastics.  So it would probably be one of those!

Midfielder: What do you think are the top five skills to play central midfield? and what have you trained most at? - Hi! the top five skills must be: Oversight, passing, technique, running capacity and a good shooting foot :)  I have definitely trained most on passing, technique and shooting, but when I came to Trondheims-Ørn oversight and physique came more into focus.  If you can, watch a Barcelona match with Xavi.  He is a fantastic footballer with all those skills.

Karro (12): How fast can you run 2000 metres?  I can run 8 min. 27.  - Hi Karro! :) I can't remember when I ran 2000 metres.  It must be a few years now.  8.27 sounds very good :) keep up the good work!

Marie: How many hours do you train per week?  How much is individual training?  What individual training do you do? - Hi Marie :) I do football training five times a week plus matches.  I do individual training on Wednesdays, and have a recovery day after the match.  The hours vary a little and the most important thing is to take the maximum from the time you spend.  Before I came to Trondheims-Ørn there was a lot of focus on technique.  Now there is more focus on physique and stamina!

Karro (12): Hi! I am a girl and will only say you are super good.  My tricks record is 66 and I am 12 years old and I want to be a footballer.  It's my big dream, I train about 9½ hours a week, it's super fun.  How old were you when you really decided to be a footballer? - Hi Karro :) Thanks for that, it's good to hear you enjoy football.  If you have a dream of being a footballer, I am sure you will manage it :).  I have always loved football, and my stepfather took to me training sessions at Brann and then Molde from when I was three years old.  There was never any doubt about what I would do.  Good luck, you will definitely be a footballer :)

Anonymous: I want to get into Trondheims-Ørn.  Have you any tips about how I could achieve it? - The most important thing is to enjoy football, and if you have a dream of going a long way you will certainly make it!

Kristine P: Hi Tina! Charlotte Lade has moved to London and is making a living from football tricks.  Is that something you can see yourself doing? - Hi Kristine :) I have made a few tricks videos for UEFA and have some experience of free-style.  It isn't something I imagine myself living off.  Playing football is much more fun!

Kamilla: How much did you train when you were 14-15 years old? - Hi Kamilla :) I trained up to seven hours a day.  Not all the hours can be called training, it was play really.  Much of the time went on tricks and technique.  But you have to think of quality rather than quantity, something I learned when I came to Trondheims-Ørn.        

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/NM/Senior_kvinner/2010/Nettprat-med-Tina-Wulf/

Tina and Rachel's Timeout videos:
Jogging tips: http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/livsstil/article1543492.ece
Strength training: http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/livsstil/article1545693.ece
Snacks: http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/livsstil/article1547390.ece
Winter clothing: http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/livsstil/article1550633.ece
Zumba: http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/livsstil/article1553182.ece

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:38:16 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
Fløya captain Ingrid Mellem Mortensen has been nominated by Bladet Tromsø as the Tromsø Personality of the Year.

Fløya played 160 Toppserien matches from promotion in 2002 to relegation in 2010, and Ingrid played every single one.

http://www.floya.no/nyhet_vis.asp?AvdelingID=1&NyhetID=273
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:57:52 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »
On today's Timeout video footballer Tina Wulf joins forces again with hurdler Rachel Nordtømme while they try out each other's sport. http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=15310&style=null
Series: http://www.adressa.no/tv/?categoryId=144&style=dark&style=null
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:44:29 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2010, 05:34:49 AM »
I remember hearing something about Solveig Gulbrandsen soon announcing a move into a new direction.  Has it ever been released?  Curious what it is.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
I remember hearing something about Solveig Gulbrandsen soon announcing a move into a new direction.  Has it ever been released?  Curious what it is.

Retirement
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »
Thanks Samuel, I knew that part but not the lead sentence of the one below it three days earlier - "The queen of football in Norway is expecting her second child."

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
Thanks Samuel, I knew that part but not the lead sentence of the one below it three days earlier - "The queen of football in Norway is expecting her second child."

Aha. I interpreted 'a new direction' as a new club, sorry  :-X Glad you got to know something new anyway ;)
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »
A bit late, former Trondheims-Ørn and Norway defender Gunhild Følstad with partner Hallvard Wågeim, also a defender, now living near Namsos, with their new son, born on May 16, 2010.  

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:05:31 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
In the latest 'Timeout' video from Rachel Nordtømme and Tina Wulf, two sports girls get made up and try some party dresses:
http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=15375

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:52:44 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.