Author Topic: Norwegian players 2010  (Read 24335 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Wang Andersen retiring from Toppserien
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
There have been some questions about how Ingrid Wang Andersen is and if she will be coming back.  She had to give up training in the winter with a book project.  

Most people know that Ingrid is a qualified lawyer and she has now begun studies for a PhD.  When she also got an offer to co-author a book it was something she could not say no to.  It was expected that Ingrid would come back after the book was finished but now she has discovered she has not got enough time.

Even though there will be no Toppserien football for Ingrid, it will be possible to see her on the football pitch.  She has decided to join first-division club Vålerenga where she will have more of a chance to come and go as time permits.  If the body holds out and there is motivation she will be playing in the autumn, but there will be no more Toppserien play in future.

"It's a pity to throw in the towel in the middle of the season but it is the right decision", said Ingrid Wang Andersen to LSK-Kvinner.no.

As a woman footballer it is never easy to combine sport and a career, and in most cases the job has to be top of the list.  It is a pity for LSK Kvinner that Wang won't be with us, but we fully understand her decision and wish her good luck with what she has to spend her time on.

Mari Knudsen http://www.lsk-kvinner.no/sak/004131.asp

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:42:05 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline norge95

• #1 Nordby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wang Andersen retiring from Toppserien
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
I'm sorry to see that Ingrid won't be making a comeback with LSK Kvinner during the second half of the season, but completely understand her decision.  It is unfortunate so many Toppserien players end up retiring while in their mid to late 20's because the time commitment required makes it difficult for them to play football while also pursuing a career at the same time.  

Ingrid was a great player and I wish her all the best with her legal career.  It looks like Wang Andersen is keeping herself quite busy teaching classes in administrative law and property law while also working on a Ph.D. research project on the EU water framework directive. 

Lykke til Ingrid!

http://www.jus.uio.no/ior/english/people/aca/ingrwan/index.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:39:10 PM by norge95 »
Bente Nordby - Verdens Beste Keeper

Vær snill og rett feilene mine
(Please correct my mistakes)

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
Skarbø out for at least two months
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »
Arna Bjørnar's keeper broke her hand. "A bitter blow," says the 23-year-old.

Saturday's match against Kolbotn at Arna Stadion saw the former national team keeper suffer another injury.

"I threw myself towards a shot that would have gone under the bar; I hit the ball, but got all the weight on my hand when I landed in the grass. I heard the pang and realised immediately that there was something wrong," Skarbø tells NRK.no.

The club's 44-year-old keeper coach Reidun Seth, one of Norway's most decorated goalkeepers, took over between the posts in the 1-2 loss to Kolbotn.

Hopes to avoid operation

Skarbø was sent to the emergency department for an examination, where she was diagnosed with a wrist fracture. The best-case scenario is two months without football.

"The doctors cracked the hand back together again and plastered it. Now I'll have at least four more weeks with the hand in a cast, and four further weeks to train it up. If I were to need surgery, it'll be even longer," Skarbø says.

The doctors were to inform her on Monday if surgery was necessary.

"I haven't heard anything yet, which I'm very happy about," Skarbø tells NRK.no

Arna Bjørnar are fifth in the league, still well in touch with the top teams, and Skarbø thus misses an exciting period in the league. She will also be ruled out of the cup quarter-final against Stabæk and the U23 national tournament in England.

No national team comeback

The road to the full national team has lengthened further for the 23-year old, who was ruled out of large portions of last year's season after breaking her right arm. Skarbø were to play three matches for the U23 team in July, where she hoped to show her skills in front of national team coach Eli Landsem.

"The national team comeback has been the goal all season. I feel like I have been playing very well and starting to get close to the team; therefore this is a very bitter blow to receive," Skarbø says.

Roy Hilmar Svendsen, NRK Hordaland http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/sport_nrk_hordaland/1.7188979
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Norwegian players 2010
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
It is a bitter blow to Erika, to the club and to everyone who watches her thrilling performances in goal whenever they can.  On Sunday she had two moments of brilliance.  If she can come back relatively quickly without an operation that is the only lucky outcome from Sunday's match.

Meanwhile the Bears are without their captain so I suppose Maren Mjelde will take over as the Toppserien's youngest skipper, 20 years old.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:35:44 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2010, 04:36:27 AM »
Wow. She's had a horrible string of luck.

And was the broken arm reference a real broken arm, or was that from the surgery she had on her wrist, about the dead bone that was in there?
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
And was the broken arm reference a real broken arm, or was that from the surgery she had on her wrist, about the dead bone that was in there?
I think she's had two major injuries, the right scaphoid and now the left wrist (less specific).  At least, when the plaster goes and her wrist feels like concrete, she will know the drill for getting it back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:33:03 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
I haven't seen either dive but I'm reminded of Icarus and Daedalus.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
A glittering football future
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
She is still only 17 but is already playing in her country's Under-23 team.  The team's trainer thinks she will be ready for the A-team in two years.

This week Kristine Hegland took part in an international Under-23 tournament in England.  Despite being the youngest in the squad she played two complete matches, and in the last match she was a substitute.  "She is a strong player with a good basic physique.  In addition she is persistent and quick", said Under-23 trainer Jarl Torske.

According to the trainer her contribution in the tournament was very strong.  In the match against Sweden she was one of the best in the team.  He thinks the Bergen girl has an exciting future in football.  "She should be an A-team player within two years", said Torske.

"It was very motivating to play in and against teams as good as these ones during the week", said Hegland herself.  Altogether she trains 12 times a week, both at Tertnes senior school where she is in the sports stream, and at her club, Arna Bjørnar, in the afternoons.  "I value very highly being able to play at the weekends.  I just have to give everything in every match and take the chances that come my way", said the 17-year-old.

Hegland has captained the national Under-19 team.  Her goal is to be a senior national team player by the time she is 24.  

"But the U-23 trainer thinks you can be in the A-team in two years?" - "Yes, I try not to think so much about that.  I must only keep on training as well as I have done through the years, and think long-term", said Kristine Hegland decisively.      

Torill Stavenes, Egil Torheim http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7208884  

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:45:27 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Thomassen to join Kattem
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »
Grand Bodø's Marie Thomassen will join Toppserien club Kattem for the autumn season.  "I have been in contact with Kattem for two years, so it has been a long process", she said.

Thomassen will be available to play for Kattem in the match against Klepp on August 14 so she is leaving Grand where she has gone through the grades over the years.  "I am now on holiday in London but will sign for Kattem as soon as I come home.  Next week I will move to Trondheim", she said.

Thomassen says she chose Kattem two years ago.  The club's trainer is Kjetil Fosse, who was in Grand Bodø's training team for some years.  Also Kattem's captain is Ann-Iren Mørkved who formerly played for Grand.  "I have had training visits to Kattem, and Jarl Torske advised me to move.  I had a contract offer in December so it has taken a long time", said Marie, who has played in several different positions at Grand, as well as playing in Norway's Under-19s.

"I finished senior school in the spring and need some new challenges and a change of environment.  But it has been a very difficult choice and I know that if I come to regret it, there is always a way back.  There are exciting things happening at Grand but I really want to try the Toppserien", said Thomassen, who turned 19 in the summer.  In Trondheim she will study science with the aim of eventually studying medicine.

Marie Thomassen is the second player to leave Grand in the summer.  Katrine Aakvik left Bodø to go on a military officers' course.

Bjørn Lund, Avisa Nordland http://www.ikgrand.no/?a_id=986&ac_parent=1

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:30:58 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Konradsen joining Donn
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
Ida Konradsen (16) is transferring from Gimletroll to Donn.  The talented player signed an amateur contract with Donn yesterday.  "This is good news for us.  We have a player who is just what we were looking for locally", said Donn's sports chief, Nils Christiansen to fvn.no.  "We look for talented local players, but they must want to join and they must want to develop as players.  In Ida we have an international Under-16 player, who is local, who wants to join Donn and wants to develop".

Konradsen has trained with Donn for six months, and on Wednesday she decided to put it onto a permanent basis.  "We are glad to have good cooperation with Gimletroll who bring on many talented players in the south of the country", said Christiansen, who thinks the new signing is a stake in the future.  "In the first place she is here to learn, even though she is good enough possibly to play in the Toppserien in the autumn.  In time we hope and believe Ida will be an established Toppserien player".

Kristian Fjeldstad http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article174916.ece

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:25:02 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Pedersen in charge
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
Norway's top woman referee Christina Pedersen was in charge for the Nigeria-Mexico goup match yesterday in the Under-20 World Cup.  Hege Steinlund assisted on one of the lines.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:35:49 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Pedersen to referee semifinal
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
Christina Pedersen has been selected to take charge of today's Under-20 World Cup semifinal between Colombia and Nigeria.

Christina Pedersen refereed for the first time at an international championship at the Under-20 World Cup in Germany.  Now she has been selected for Thursday's semifinal.  "I almost out of the shock, but am very pleased to have this opportunity.  It means a lot for me as a referee", said Pedersen to fotball.no.

She was the chief referee in the matches between Ghana and South Korea, and Nigeria and Mexico, as well as acting as fourth referee in three other matches.  "It went well in the two matches.  They were relaxed matches with fine play and I really didn't have much to do.  I was really glad to have the order to stay after the group stage, but did not expect to be anything more than a fourth referee in the knockout stage", she said.

The referee from Åndalsnes has refereed at the top level in Norway for many years, and has also taken charge of high-level international matches.  She refereed three matches in the qualifications for the senior World Cup in 2011.  She describes herself as being in good shape and good at communicating with the players.  "I can sell them my ideas, and that is a thing that counted in the selection.  My goal is to be at the World Cup next year", said Pedersen.

With her at the semifinal will be another Norwegian referee, Hege Steinlund, as an assistant.  Steinlund was an assistant in the Olympic Final when USA beat Brazil in Beijing in 2008.

The NFF's refereeing chief, Rune Pedersen, is happy for the Norwegians to get their chance.  "This is Christina's first international championship, so it's big to have the chance of the semifinal.  She is a referee we have a lot of belief in, and she has been well prepared.  The semifinal is a sign that she has done well on and off the pitch", he said.

The chief also thinks that her experience in the men's 2nd division has helped Pedersen's development.  "She is in top physical form, good at placing herself correctly and unafraid.  Refereeing men's football has made her tougher", he said.

He says Christina's performance will mean a lot for other women referees.  "Hege Steinlund has been to many championships but we have not had so many international women referees.  Now that Christina has this chance it sends a good signal to other talented referees on the women's side".

The match today between Colombia and Nigeria is on Eurosport on Thursday at 17.30 (UK time).   

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Utdanning-og-kompetanse1/Dommer/Toppdommer/2010/Pedersen-far-domme-U20-semi/
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Hege Hansen to Arna-Bjørnar
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »
Morten Kalvenes, Arna-Bjørnar trainer, announced that he has signed Hege Hansen, the striker from Klepp. The Under-23 national team player will move to Bergen on Monday.

Klepp lost its other experienced striker, Line Smørsgård, at the beginning of the year, to Kolbotn.  At the same time the experienced defender Astrid Grøttå Ree transferred from Klepp to Arna-Bjørnar to study in Bergen.  

http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/article5212495.ece
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
Freedom swelling back to form after two-month drought
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »
Lene Mykjåland's Washington Freedom has had a torrid time in the American WPS league, failing to win in any of their last ten games, but the streak snapped with a bang in yesterday's thunder-interrupted match with northern neighbours Philadelphia Independence. Abby Wambach scored twice, more than making up for missing an early penalty, as the capital side ran out 2-0 winners and are back in a play-off spot in the table.

The match started in tough and hot conditions, and Washington began the game best, earning numerous corners before Lene Mykjåland was fouled in the area after 17 minutes. Wambach, however, put the penalty straight at Philadelphia goalkeeper Val Henderson.

The weather briefly took centre stage in Maryland as the heavens opened above the stadium, forcing a 45-minute delay, but Washington were unperturbed by the interruption and continued to run the show on the pitch. A free kick from Cat Whitehill went just over the bar, before another set piece finally produced the first goal of the match; French international Sonia Bompastor's corner kick found the head of Abby Wambach, and the ball landed in the far back of the net.

Another Wambach header, her ninth goal of the season, put the score at 2-0 before the scheduled interruption of play; though Philadelphia had a few chances, Washington controlled the match for most of the second half, even to the point of receiving a yellow card for time-wasting. Washington's second-choice keeper Ashlyn Harris wasn't overly troubled; Harris may have to keep goal for the remainder of the season, as Canadian national team keeper Erin McLeod suffered a nasty knee injury attempting to save a goal in last week's match against Bay Area.

Washington are now fourth in the table with five wins and 20 points from 18 matches; defending champions New Jersey trail ominously just two points behind with two games in hand.

Washington - Philadelphia 2-0 (2-0)

goals: Wambach 39', 41'
booked: Long (Washington) 79'

Washington: Ashlyn Harris, Rebecca Moros, Cat Whitehill, Nikki Marshall, Becky Sauerbrunn, Homare Sawa (Kristi Eveland, 87'), Allie Long, Sarah Huffman (Brittany Bock, 90+), Sonia Bompastor, Lene Mykjaland (Beverly Goebel, 75'), Abby Wambach
Philadelphia: Val Henderson, Heather Mitts (Lyndsey Patterson, 78'), Allison Falk, Nikki Krzysik, Estelle Johnson, Jen Buczkowski, Lori Lindsey (Danesha Adams, 66'), Caroline Seger, Joanna Lohman, Amy Rodriguez, Lianne Sanderson (Tina DiMartino, 53')   

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/dc/news/general/100804-Freedom-defeat-philly.aspx

Bay Area            17 12  2  3  30-14   38
-------------------------------------------
Philadelphia        17  8  3  6  28-22   27
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Boston              17  7  4  6  23-19   25
Washington          18  5  5  8  26-29   20
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chicago             18  5  5  8  14-19   20
New Jersey          16  5  3  8  14-22   18
Atlanta             17  4  5  8  12-23   17

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:18:59 PM by Samuel Vimes »
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Anneli Giske - ACL injury
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
National team midfielder and Fløya captain Anneli Giske is out of fotball for a long time.  On Thursday it was found that her left anterior cruciate ligament is hanging together by a few threads.  "It can be anything from six to twelve months before I can play again.  It's impossible to say how long it will take.  I am not setting a date but will work hard every single day", said Giske to iTromsø.

"After an operation it takes seven or eight months.  She will not be back until the spring season at the earliest", said physiotherapist Frank Kjeldsberg.

Giske had an MR examination on Wednesday and officially had the answer yesterday.  But on Wednesday evening the medical student wanted to know and could not wait.  "I went on the internet and looked at the pictures.  I know something about anatomy and could see that the ligament was badly damaged.  So I was prepared for the news when it came.  The disappointment was as bad as the evening it happened", she said.

Yesterday she was at training at Fløya and had hugs and encouraging words from her teammates and trainers.  "I want to contribute but I will not be at every single training session.  People tackle this in different ways and I am not one who can watch others playing football without thinking about what I am missing.  I will have to make a little distance", said the 25-year-old.

Giske made her breakthrough into the Norway team last year, but this season has been a nightmare.  First she had an ankle injury on February 9, then she broke a toe.  She has played this year but not since May 24.

"I was fit on Tuesday and was looking forward to playing in the autumn.  It could be good to get over all my injuries in one year.  I hope I have had my quota now", she said with a smile.  

Nils-Jarle Sætre http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article176203.ece

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:13:09 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »
 :'( clearly it's not only good things that come in threes  :'(

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Grand Bodø's 41-year-old
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 10:48:07 AM »
When you get past 40 you are seen as old in football terms.  Heidi Eivik took inspiration from her 12-year-old son.

Heidi Eivik, who played for Trondheims-Ørn in the Toppserien in the 1990s, had not planned to play football at the age of 41, but her son persuaded her.  "William plays football and has been a driver for me.  I was a little uncertain about how long I should carry on playing matches and the like", said Eivik.

William persuaded her.  "Mum, you must play", he said, and he had his way.  "He said, 'I have never seen you play football'", smiled Eivik.

On the training pitch Eivik is a lot older than her teammates at Grand Bodø, but she is thriving.  "I have had very positive feedback that it's good for me to throw myself into it, even if I am twice as old as some of them.  It's a lot of fun", she said.

She would like to play football for a while yet, but she is uncertain about how long.  "I have no long-term plans.  If I can play this season out I will be pleased with that", said Heidi Eivik.  

Bjarne Hagen, Hilde Mangset Lorentsen
Video: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.7243805
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:43:44 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline norge95

• #1 Nordby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Bodø's 41-year-old
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 04:26:55 AM »
When you get past 40 you are seen as old in football terms.  Heidi Eivik took inspiration from her 12-year-old son.

Besides Linda Medalen and Reidun Seth, have there been any other Norwegian women who have played either in the NM Cup or Toppserien after reaching the age of 40?
Bente Nordby - Verdens Beste Keeper

Vær snill og rett feilene mine
(Please correct my mistakes)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Interview - Lise-Marie Woods
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 11:40:04 PM »
The next player in our portraits of Toppserien player is perhaps the best player in the league this season, Lise-Marie Woods.  Lisa-Marie has spent many of her best years in the USA, but returned last year to play for Kolbotn.  Now she is at Stabæk and is also a fixed choice in Norway's international squad.

"How old were you when you started organised football, and who introduced you to it?" -  "Four years old, at Trosterud IL.  I looked up to my big brother who played football and he often let me play ball with him when we were together.  When the boys at infant school started to talk about yesterday's match I was certain.  I started playing football with the boys so I could take part in the discussion - and I liked it!  When I got home I went with my dad to the team leader's house and it all started.  I had found my passion".

"When did you know you would take it seriously and be a Toppserien player?" - "I was one of the gang of boys and when I found out I had a talent I wanted to be a professional, whatever that meant.  I always loved playing and always had a wish to be as good as I can be, and be among the best.  In those days I thought I could do just as the boys did.  Today I am a bit more realistic and see that the dream has changed.  But I stll have the passion - it was serious right from the start".  

"What is your best skill as a footballer, and what is your worst thing outside football?" - "Mmm . . . this is where I ask my housemates from Linderud-Grei . . let me try".

Pernille Frostad Bakken: "your best skills . . . I would say vision, passing accuracy and duelling".

" . . and what is your worst thing outside football?" -

Pernille Frostad Bakken: "You are bad at decorating your room after six months!".

Anna Ellingsen: "You are bad at getting my food.  And very bad at drinking at parties!".

Lisa-Marie:  "Good answers from my housemates . . my answer: my best skill is vision, perception.  That's what I think anyway.  I work a lot with it, so I'd like to think it has become a bit better.  The worst aspects, I must plead guilty to what they said".

"Apart from me, who would you have with you on a desert island for a week?" - "If I paid enough, could it be you? . . for a week I don't need that much mental stimulus, I would choose someone good looking that I could play on the beach with.  So I choose David Beckham".

"Who in the Toppserien is the best player just now, outside Stabæk?" - "It's no secret I am a fan of the players I play with, but there are many good players in the Toppserien.  I think Maren Mjelde has done well when she has been free of injury, so I'll give her my vote".

"What advice would you give to a 13-year-old if she asks what it takes to be a Toppserien player?" - "Set goals, play ball a lot and have fun.  Dare to dream"!

"How many clubs should there be in the Toppserien" - "Maximum eight".

"You are known for your wit and humour.  What is your favourite expression?" - "Have you asked Lise Klaveness?  mmm . . I don't have a favourite expression but several words often come out of my mouth . . ".

"Who is best among blondes and brunettes at football and why?" - "Obviously dark-haired players.  Have you heard the one about the blond who tiptoed past the medicine cabinet?" - "no . . . she didn't want to wake the sleeping pills?" - "hehe, you got it.  Anyway I like to try different colours and styles so I would say they are equally good".

"If you are bored, who do you ring up?" - "It isn't often I am bored.  But it's Kristy Moore and Katrine Pedersen I bother.  I always plague Kristy whether I'm bored or not, just because it's fun . . . I'm a little more scared of Katrine . . . not!"

"Who has meant the most in your football career?" - "There are many to bring up here.  A lot of trainers through the times.  Eli Landsem and players like Lise Klaveness and Katrine Pedersen that I have played with for some years and learnt a thing or two from, on and off the pitch.  Otherwise I would say that most of the clubs I have played in, and their trainers and players, have formed me as I am today".

"Finally, who is going to win the league?" - "whoever gets the most points . . . !"

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen
http://fmag.no/?mode=news&id=22341

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:02:05 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
Peter Kovacs will play his last match for Odd Grenland today.  He has been sold to Belgian club Lierse for 3.6 million kroner (£400,000). 
Alltid. Uansett.