Author Topic: Ireland France friendly  (Read 6456 times)

shlj

Ireland France friendly
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »
It looks like there will be a friendly in Dublin between France and Ireland in February, date to be confirmed.
One player might expect a difficult evening due to her name  ;) :

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/woco/players/Player=104116/index.html

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
Re: Ireland France friendly
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
especially given the middle syllable of christian name which could be preceded by H and the name split into 3 syllables to emphasise the middle one

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
especially given the middle syllable of christian name which could be preceded by H and the name split into 3 syllables to emphasise the middle one

Ok, I'm thick - it took me ages to work that one out  :D

I'll stick with the Times Crossword  ;D
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Sylvain

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
Provisional date is 25th of February.

Sylvain

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
Richmond Park, Dublin on the 25th of February has been confirmed.

Sylvain

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Kick off 19.30 ( triple post lol)

Sylvain

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
The Football Association of Ireland have confirmed that the Republic of Ireland women's senior team will face France in an international friendly on Thursday, February 25th in Richmond Park, Dublin 8.

The friendly will be used as key preparation for Noel King's side who will play two FIFA World Cup qualifiers in March with a visit to Israel on March 21st followed by a home game against Switzerland on March 31st.

The Girls in Green currently sit in 3rd place in Group 6 of the FIFA World Cup qualifiers behind Switzerland and Russia after four games.

France, who are currently ranked 9th in the FIFA Women's World Rankings lead Group 1 with maximum points ahead of Iceland, Croatia and Northern Ireland.

Speaking at the announcement, Irish manager, Noel King said, "I am delighted that we will host the very highly rated French team in Dublin later this month. The game will be used as an important exercise ahead of our difficult World Cup qualifiers against Israel and Switzerland in March. I will be calling up our strongest available squad for the game but we will be without two key players, Katie Taylor who is unavailable and Stephanie Curtis who is out for the rest of the season after she injured her anterior cruciate ligament in the 2-1 victory over Kazakhstan last October."

"At any level in football, the French national team are always going to be a very strong technical team. Last year, we played them away from home in a hard fought game which we lost 2-0. Winning is not necessarily the key component in this fixture as we develop our formation and tactics ahead of the World Cup battles that lie ahead of us. As a team, we have been improving steadily over the past number of years. It is games such as this in which we continue to develop and if we get a victory with a helping hand, I won't be complaining," said King.

International friendly
Republic of Ireland v France
Thursday, February 25th 2009
Richmond Park
Kick-off: 19.30

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100667:irish-women-set-for-french-friendly&catid=9:senior-women&Itemid=13

Sylvain

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
Republic of Ireland manager, Noel King has announced his squad to play France in an international friendly on Thursday, February 25th in Richmond Park, Dublin 8.

The friendly will be used as key preparation for Noel King's side who will play two FIFA World Cup qualifiers in March with a visit to Israel on March 21st followed by a home game against Switzerland on March 31st.

The Girls in Green currently sit in 3rd place in Group 6 of the FIFA World Cup qualifiers behind Switzerland and Russia after four games.

France, who are currently ranked 9th in the FIFA Women's World Rankings lead Group 1 with maximum points ahead of Iceland, Croatia and Northern Ireland.

Included in the squad are Salthill Devon pair, Dora Gorman and Julie Ann Russell who make the step up from the Irish U19 side while Stephanie Roche, the free-scoring attacker from Raheny is also included.

King has no major injury worries ahead of the tie apart from the absence of influential midfielder, Stephanie Curtis who is out for the rest of the season after she injured her anterior cruciate ligament in the 2-1 victory over Kazakhstan last October.

Speaking at the squad announcement, Irish manager, Noel King said, "This game against France will be used as an important exercise ahead of our difficult World Cup qualifiers against Israel and Switzerland in March. While I have selected the strongest possible squad available, this includes some exciting young players such as Dora (Gorman) and Julie Ann (Russell) who have lit up the stage at underage level and they follow in the footsteps of Áine O'Gorman and Stephanie Roche who have thrived on the senior international stage since their step up to this level.

Winning is not necessarily the key component in this fixture as we develop our formation and tactics ahead of the World Cup battles that lie ahead of us," said King

Republic of Ireland squad
Lynn Bradley - Raheny United
Emma Byrne - Arsenal FC
Jemma Connor - Birmingham City Ladies
Meabh De Burca - Salthill Devon
Niamh Fahey - Arsenal FC
Dora Gorman - Salthill Devon FC
Ciara Grant - Arsenal FC
Sonya Hughes - Unattached
Mary Therese McDonnell - Chicago Red Stars
Shannon McDonnell - Unattached
Michele O'Brien - Chicago Red 11
Fiona O'Sullivan - Sacramento Storm
Stephanie Roche - Raheny United FC
Julie Ann Russell - Salthill Devon FC
Yvonne Tracy - Arsenal FC
Ciara McCormack - Kolbotn FC

International friendly
Republic of Ireland v France
Thursday, February 25th 2010
Richmond Park, Dublin 8
Kick-off: 7.30

Admission prices
Adults: €5
Children U16

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100693:irish-womens-squad-named-for-france-friendly&catid=9:senior-women&Itemid=13

Sylvain

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:02 AM »
It was a nice little ground and a friendly atmosphere.
A few French supporters and 700 spectators.
A good win for our team and a very solid irish performance.