Author Topic: 'Raise your game'  (Read 901 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
'Raise your game'
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:46:45 AM »
By Daniel Clark - Saturday, 07 November, 2009

Chelsea aiming to humble Arsenal on Sunday.

Chelsea v Arsenal
The FA Tesco Women's Premier League
2pm, Sunday 8 November 2009
Imber Court, Metropolitan Police FC

Arsenal Ladies have been imperious so far this season but Chelsea Ladies are hopeful of making history and beating them for the first time at first-team level this weekend.

"I don't think we've beaten them before, especially not in my lifetime, but records are there to be broken," said Shaun Gore, Director of Football for Chelsea Ladies.

"Our record against them isn't very good, but then who has? They are in a different tier to everyone else at the moment."

So far this season, Arsenal Ladies have won all four league matches having scored 21 goals and are looking on course to reach the last eight of the Champions League, but currently sit sixth in the table having played seven games fewer than league leaders Sunderland.

Chelsea Ladies have also started the season well with five wins and a draw from six league matches and they sit second in the table, with Gore hopeful of their chances of ending the campaign on top.

"It is early days in the league, but it is there to be won and we will not stop trying until it is mathematically impossible," said Gore.

"We will give it 250 per cent and see what happens on the day. It is a tester for us against Arsenal Ladies this week and then Everton next week to see what chances we have of taking the title and we're really excited about it.

"Arsenal Ladies are a fantastic side but we are going into the game full of confidence. We realise the magnitude of the task ahead of us."

Gore added on playing Arsenal: "When playing Arsenal everyone wants to raise their game and we have to hope that all eleven players perform on the day to give us a chance."

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/WomensPremierLeague/NewsAndFeatures/2009/chelsea_arsenal_071109.aspx
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

shlj

Re: 'Raise your game'
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
It should be interesting, game sandwiched between two european games. 

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
very prophetic Sylvain - from the score I am sure it was very interesting

shlj

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
And I missed that one  :( bloody family birthday lol