Author Topic: Cheshire and Manchester Womens League U18's Division  (Read 10829 times)

Offline treble99

• View Profile
Re: Cheshire and Manchester Womens League U18's Division
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 12:53:42 AM »
Hopefully their'll win more than the mens 1st team hahaha! ;D the treble!!!???!!!

And they have!!!... The U18's smashed Bolton 12-1 in an emphatic win to clinch the League Cup which secures the "Double" with a possible treble opportunity...2 out of 3 aint bad ...so far....United's men take note hahahaha!!

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »
Hopefully their'll win more than the mens 1st team hahaha! ;D the treble!!!???!!!

And they have!!!... The U18's smashed Bolton 12-1 in an emphatic win to clinch the League Cup which secures the "Double" with a possible treble opportunity...2 out of 3 aint bad ...so far....United's men take note hahahaha!!

Manchester United Girls U18'S have created history by winning The Treble in the Cheshire and Manchester Womens League U18' division in their first season !!!!. 100% record undefeated in The League, League Cup, and knockout Cup Competitions and conceding only 4 goals in total. But having won the treble, the girls have created history and controvesy by leaving Manchester United and forming their own breakaway team due to the club not supporting them to move forward and cutting off girls playing football at United when they reach 18yrs of age. Their manager Trevor Lynch said
"I am extremely proud of what the girls have achieved in such a small time, they've only been together since August 2009. The team led by their captain Carly Bailey and other names to look out for, Mary Steadman, Paris Potts, Chelsea Nightingale, Kathyrn Heaton and Shauna Edmonson have developed great coheshion, team-spirit and character, which has enabled them to silence the doubters, it's a shame a club such as Manchester United aren't willing to invest in their talent. One of our squad Emma Brown has been picked to represent England Deaf Team whilst another Chaneece Reeves was chosen to represent England Colleges. I constantly get asked the question "2010 and the biggest club in the world doesn't have a womens team..why?" My answer to that is "censored!"

I look forward to Trevor's new team progressing from the bottom of the womens pyramid, John if your reading this, you say Arsenal runs a "professional ship" I am biased here but Trevor would've fitted in perfectly, ask any colleagues and players, who've worked with him. Well done again to his girls...this'll probably be the last your'll hear off me, as it was the"  United Connection" which led me to this forum, had some good debates and banter... thanks to you all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:54:32 AM by treble99 »

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »
Thanks for all your info about the Man Utd team..I have enjoyed reading the stuff you have posted and hope we shall continue to hear from you in the future. I was looking at the results from this weekend in She Kicks and it showed this result from Sunday

CHESHIRE & MANCHESTER LEAGUE U-18 CHALLENGE CUP FINAL
Manchester United 0-8 Altrincham

Have they got it the wrong way round or is this a different team ?

Offline treble99

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »
haha Yes it was the wrong way around..sorry Altrincham... ;)
That was the result that clinched them the Treble.

Sylvain

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »
Manchester United Girls U18'S have created history by winning The Treble in the Cheshire and Manchester Womens League U18' division in their first season !!!!. 100% record undefeated in The League, League Cup, and knockout Cup Competitions and conceding only 4 goals in total. But having won the treble, the girls have created history and controvesy by leaving Manchester United and forming their own breakaway team due to the club not supporting them to move forward and cutting off girls playing football at United when they reach 18yrs of age. Their manager Trevor Lynch said
"I am extremely proud of what the girls have achieved in such a small time, they've only been together since August 2009. The team led by their captain Carly Bailey and other names to look out for, Mary Steadman, Paris Potts, Chelsea Nightingale, Kathyrn Heaton and Shauna Edmonson have developed great coheshion, team-spirit and character, which has enabled them to silence the doubters, it's a shame a club such as Manchester United aren't willing to invest in their talent. One of our squad Emma Brown has been picked to represent England Deaf Team whilst another Chaneece Reeves was chosen to represent England Colleges. I constantly get asked the question "2010 and the biggest club in the world doesn't have a womens team..why?" My answer to that is "censored!"
I think it is great for those girls to be able to carry on playing and enjoying themselves at senior level.