Author Topic: new board for postponed matches  (Read 7002 times)

footiechick

new board for postponed matches
« on: September 05, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
Just a thought,but now the womens league is finally up and underway it mite be a good idea 2 have a new folder for fixture updates and postponements.I think we may have had 1 last season but seems 2 have been lost within all the other topics (and i think it was in the Bham section).It would be better if David could arrange 2 place it on its own board somewhere more noticable on the forum.Thank you.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new board for postponed matches
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:57:13 PM »
I think it was in the FA Women's Premier League board that most fixtures info is posted (thanks to the tireless efforts of forum member redrobin ! ;) ) however it is under the child boards for each club so maybe it's not as prominent as it could be...What does anyone else think ? Should we create a separate board for this and try and make it more prominent ?

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
a separate board would be more beneficial and it will surely get frequent usage

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
Yes - defo a separate board!

We don't always follow the same team at every game, so need to be kept informed as much as possible.

Knowing that an Arsenal game will be off doesn't help if we're going to Llandudno Junction ladies that day :)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »
So thinking about it maybe a new board with child boards for each league ? Which leagues ? Prem, North and South plus Scotland, Wales ?

I want it to be easy for people to find things as otherwise it could just become a jumbled mass of threads....it may also kill the current boards for Premier, North and South as the fixtures are the main thing that get posted there already...

All ideas gratefully received :-)

Offline Gutestad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
What about a stickied(?) thread in each parent board? There'll be one for each league and always at the top of the list so it doesn't get lost.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:43 PM »
Okay an initial bash with Child Boards should be there for you to see....Any suggestions ?

I'm just a bit concerned that it's not much better than what we already had under the boards for each league ?

All inspiration welcome :-)

footiechick

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
Shud be ok,guess we wont know till pple start posting.The main thing is making sure that it always remains easy 2 find and doesnt get lost amoungst other posts or topics.

shlj

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
I think the title should specify it is reserved for postponement cancellation of games ,otherwise it is a double emploi with the other parts of the forum

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 10:35:02 PM »
I think the title should specify it is reserved for postponement cancellation of games ,otherwise it is a double emploi with the other parts of the forum

Yes - I think I agree there mate - no point in wasting time mentioning a game is defo on.
We must assume that is the case if we're not told otherwise ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »
Maybe I'm just missing something then but surely the place for mention of the postponement is on the thread with the fixture thats postponed ?  ??? There doesn't seem much point in having the fixtures in one place and then the postponement of said fixture somewhere else ?  ???

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »
Maybe I'm just missing something then but surely the place for mention of the postponement is on the thread with the fixture thats postponed ?  ??? There doesn't seem much point in having the fixtures in one place and then the postponement of said fixture somewhere else ?  ???

Yes - it does sound a bit cock-eyed, but it could be handy if you're just getting ready to go to a game, only having to look at one thread, rather than read through a particular section - and maybe read the wrong one, where it's not mentioned.

I was thinking of late postponements here, as opposed to us being told today that a game for say, 20th, is not going to take place.
I often try and have a quick log-on on the morning of a game, and if I've got a long journey, and getting up early, will probably have an early night and miss some late posts here, so it'd be nice if there's somewhere someone could point out a game that will definitely or very likely be off.

I have had texts off shlj in the past saying a game will probably be off as weather is bad, but he'll be giving it a whirl.
It's bad enough for him if he gets to a ground in the London area and finds it's off, but it could mean a wasted journey of getting on for 500 miles (return) for me and maybe Ron.

Local info re the weather, and maybe knowing a particular ground (is it easily waterlogged? eg Chelsea's old ground) can be invaluable. And the info can sometimes be very local.
I was once driving in beautiful sunshine to a game at Anfield, then hit fog with well under 20 miles to go, and the game was off.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Is the new board okay then ?

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
Is the new board okay then ?

Already looking useful David ;)