Author Topic: Glasgow Girls back on Song against Gintra  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Glasgow Girls back on Song against Gintra
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »
Glasgow City 2 Gintra Universitetas 0

Glasgow City put Thursday's disappointment behind them this evening when they took on Lithuanian champions Gintra Universitetas.  It was hard going in the first half though with City pouring forward without making the breakthrough.  Jane Ross had a chance within the first two minutes and Suzanne Lappin and Megan Sneddon also had a crack at the Gintra goal.  City though were frustrated buy the Lithuanians stodgy defence and often caught Kat Lindner and Ruesha Littlejohn offside.  Indeed it was almost the half hour when Gintra had their first look at goal with Tamara Starovoytova getting an attempt on goal from a Yekaterina Nosova corner.  City continued to attack and Littlejohn's temper boiled over after the umpteenth offside decision and she ended up getting her name taken.

City made changes for the second half with Laura Montgomery coming in for Leeanne Campbell, but Gintra started well winning a corner.  From that City broke out and from the resulting attack Littlejohn found herself in the clear and the queen of beehive fired in to break the deadlock.  The Lithuanians were pushing forward more with Olga Ivanova and Viktorija Bložytė having shots on goal.  Jane Ross though made the game safe with about 15 minutes to go.  Gintra made changes to try and get back into it and Komarova had a last attempt on goal in the last few minutes but 2-0 it stayed.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:01:51 PM by Toad »

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: Glasgow Girls back on Song against Gintra
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
But they are now out after Bayern's big win today  :(
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »
Well they'll just have to go into their last game and get as many goals as possible then see what happens...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:14:02 PM »
Well they'll just have to go into their last game and get as many goals as possible then see what happens...

Best of luck to them ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(