Author Topic: England 0 Iceland 2  (Read 3808 times)

Offline pat51

• View Profile
Re: England 0 Iceland 2
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »
Match highlights on F A .com , England's makeshift defence torn apart a few times, good saves by both England keepers. 

shlj

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
To be fair, I was  not in a tolerant mood at the game as I was doing my homework  ;D and trying to concentrate on the shape of the teams and other stuff.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
would the Dad be any worst than the commentator that's usually on Eurosport, one can only wonder...
Must have had an off day when you watched.  Usually Eurosport has good commentators and I reckon Tim Caple is the best in the business, he beats anyone the BBC uses.

Is that the one who does the 'dysfunctional couple' act with Jen O'Neil on many games...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

shlj

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »
Match highlights on F A .com , England's makeshift defence torn apart a few times, good saves by both England keepers.  
Loads of chances created by England on the day that I did not remember.
The video confirmed what I thought on first goal : midfield three out of shape and position, with no one anchoring. It left the right back Unitt in a 2 v 1 situation and leads to the goal.
I did not remember Dunia missed passed on the second goal  :o I thought the center back did not salvage the situation.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:29:34 PM by shlj »

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
As for aluko she may ahve to return to USA for a club game and so maybe wont be available for denmark game.

Aluko is currently playing the match against Washington, will be playing the full 90 as St. Louis have made all 3 subs.... so as you say maybe won't be making the trip back for Wednesday's game.

shlj

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »
They flew her back and she plays like 48 hours later  :o they are not scared of injuries...

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
Is that the one who does the 'dysfunctional couple' act with Jen O'Neil on many games...
No, the Eurosport coverage is high-quality, perhaps you could try watching it a bit more.  It isn't remotely dysfunctional so there's no need for anyone to whine about it :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:02:40 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
Behind us people moaning about not having squad numbers to recognise the players.
And then saying England men are rubbish, England womens are rubbish, england cricket players are rubbish....  

If these people were regular womens footie fans then they wouldn't need sqad numbers 2 reconise the girls.

I don't post here in sections where I know little or nothing - perhaps we should have a section showing clips of players whom we ought to know ;)

Who r u aiming this comment at toomcat?

I was basically aiming it as a reply to your post, and hope I didn't offend you, as it was not my intention ;)

I've been to Everton quite often of late, and have gradually got to know who their players are.

But when people post about other players, I may have seen them but I often have no idea who they are, and I'm not likely to get to know, say, Fulham players by going to Everton.

So, if I see a topic about Fulham, or one of their players, there's no point in me contributing as I won't know who's who :(

Incidentally, can anyone tell me if this link is showing live Eurosport?
http://www.livewtv.com/sports/eurosport_ru.htm

If so, maybe those of us without Eurosport could use it to watch Euro games :)

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
No, the Eurosport coverage is high-quality, perhaps you could try watching it a bit more.  It isn't remotely dysfunctional so there's no need for anyone to whine about it :)

I remember the highlights of a J-League match where they edited out the goal in a 1-0 win...I think that pretty dysfunctional...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 10:55:04 PM »

I remember the highlights of a J-League match where they edited out the goal in a 1-0 win...I think that pretty dysfunctional...

The early days of live US men's games on Channel 5:

I watched part of one, and they had a couple of guys gabbing, and they showed video of the bench while a corner was taken, and missed a goal  :D

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(