Author Topic: "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" (Maybe)  (Read 852 times)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
"The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" (Maybe)
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
Iran’s Opposition Stages Rally in Central Tehran

Dispite various threats by the authorities demonstrations in Iran continue.  The demonstrations, a response to opposition accusations of vote-rigging in the recent election have entered a seventh day. So far at least At least 15 people died in protests over the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad June 12, seven in attacks on university dormitories in Tehran and Shiraz, south of the capital, and eight in the Azadi Square march on June 15 when security forces fired on protesters.

Dispite a clamp down on internet and mobile networks the demonstrators seem to still be organising themselves via facebook and twitter.  And footage of events seems to be finding its way out to foreign media.  Last night Iran's football side joined in when players wore green arm bands the colour of the opposition party during the first half of their World Cup qualifier against South Korea.

Its a worry though how all this will end....

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" (Maybe)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:26:53 AM »
Hiow will it all end?

Probably there will be nuclear warfare  :D

OK - I'm an old git so I know that the world has to end somehow, and me with it  ;D
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(