Author Topic: England Central Contracts Confirmed  (Read 6354 times)

shlj

Re: England Central Contracts Confirmed
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Off the pitch Ludlow is brilliant. I was thinking of Jill Scott actually, she gives as much as Jayne.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »

I also like the "Professional conduct both on and off the field" does it mean no partying the Ledley King or John Terry way for example and on the pitch  professional conduct seems a bit strange.

I understood it 2 mean behaving in the right way both on and off the pitch.Gud job Ludlows not English then....  :D

The same Jayne Ludlow who stayed on the pitch to assist a Sunderland player who had broken her knee-cap a couple of years back. Jayne gave support for nearly 40 minutes even though the player was getting treatment by the Arsenal physio.  I bet Hope Powell wished Jayne had been English.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

I also like the "Professional conduct both on and off the field" does it mean no partying the Ledley King or John Terry way for example and on the pitch  professional conduct seems a bit strange.

I understood it 2 mean behaving in the right way both on and off the pitch.Gud job Ludlows not English then....  :D

The same Jayne Ludlow who stayed on the pitch to assist a Sunderland player who had broken her knee-cap a couple of years back. Jayne gave support for nearly 40 minutes even though the player was getting treatment by the Arsenal physio.  I bet Hope Powell wished Jayne had been English.

You don't of course say how the Sunderland player got the broken knee-cap in the first place...ha.  I suppoe its good that some of the players are getting some dosh, even if its only some...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »
I would like to know if the players were invited to apply for the contracts. Premumably they had to apply to be considered for one.  What about all the U23 players Susi Larkin Dowie Davison etc They probably havent applied, also Clarke has she applied but not awarded one yet. It seems straing some of the older players with ongoing injuries have been awarded contracts when they may not be able to play.  I no experience is valuable though

shlj

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »
It seems straing some of the older players with ongoing injuries have been awarded contracts when they may not be able to play.  I no experience is valuable though
I think you are talking about my favorite player there   ;)
Maybe, it's kind of a reward for her hard work the previous years.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »
I would like to know if the players were invited to apply for the contracts. Premumably they had to apply to be considered for one.  What about all the U23 players Susi Larkin Dowie Davison etc They probably havent applied, also Clarke has she applied but not awarded one yet. It seems straing some of the older players with ongoing injuries have been awarded contracts when they may not be able to play.  I no experience is valuable though

England international players on FA central contracts will be paid from this central pot on a contract that will be renewed on an annual basis. Over 25 international players applied for a central contract, and were asked by The FA to meet specific criteria in order to be successful.

Source - TheFA.com
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Everton Ladies fan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
It seems straing some of the older players with ongoing injuries have been awarded contracts when they may not be able to play.  I no experience is valuable though

And hopefully she will be proberly fit 4 Finland
Finland was amazing!  Wish we were still there!

shlj

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »

And hopefully she will be proberly fit 4 Finland
I hope as well, it will be good to see her against Thomis  :)

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 06:00:37 AM »
Who's your fave, shlj?
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

shlj

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
Who's your fave, shlj?
England number 24 ;D

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Who's your fave, shlj?
England number 24 ;D

They don't post the squad numbers on the FA site anymore but I've got a good idea who this is...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »
Who's your fave, shlj?
England number 24 ;D

Ho well i was on about Faye White

shlj

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »
I agree about Faye White, she has played 49 (7+27+15) games for us over the last 3 seasons, that's not a lot. Hope Powell thinks she can bring something to the England team, so it is logical to award her a contract on that basis.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »
I hope faye is fit for Finland.  She is a strong defender.  I also hope she doesnt do more damage to her knees though. 

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
I agree about Faye White, she has played 49 (7+27+15) games for us over the last 3 seasons, that's not a lot. Hope Powell thinks she can bring something to the England team, so it is logical to award her a contract on that basis.

No i mean i like Faye White & i hope she is fit enough 2 play at Finland

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:20 AM »
Gemma Davison, then?

Or no?

You're a sneaky one, shlj.  :P
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline idh1

• View Profile
    • Work In Words
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
Why so coy, shij?

We all have our favourites.

Plus you're French, the country of l'amour!

shlj

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
My list of favorite players is  very long and does include players like Perry Davies and Buet  :) but also Angus Gurr Larkin Davison Coombs and so on.  Faye White is not on the list though.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »
My list of favorite players is  very long and does include players like Perry Davies and Buet  :) but also Angus Gurr Larkin Davison Coombs and so on.  Faye White is not on the list though.

Come on - give us a clue :)

I reckon it must be Gem ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 09:17:51 AM »

I understood it 2 mean behaving in the right way both on and off the pitch.
Does it include drinking tonight at the FA award  ??? ;)