Author Topic: Board for reserves football  (Read 3396 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Board for reserves football
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »
I know a lot of reserves teams are out there so do you think a board for reserves football would be a good idea ? With the structure of the forum having the main leaguesnames I guess it's not very clear where discussion of the ressies should go ?

Any thoughts ?

Offline jeff

• View Profile
Re: Board for reserves football
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »
Hi David

Great website. I think it is paramount that you have a reserves board as I think there are some quality players at this standard. How do I know? I am assistant manager at Lincoln City. We all know where the first team plays but did people know that the reserves play in the northern first division reserve league. Playing the likes of premiership teams like Everton, Sunderland, Leeds etc. The standard of football is as good as anywhere in the country, especially if the top teams (Donnie Belles) play their first team if they do not have a game. There are also a lot of upcoming stars in this league as the average age of a player is between 17 and 19. The youngsters of tomorrow are playing at this level and do not get as much recognition as they deserve. So the answer to your post is Yes please a board for Ressies.  ;D ;D

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »
Hi Jeff...Thanks for joining and for your post. I will add a reserves board as soon as I can then ! I know a couple of other reserves players and I think they would agree....There is a great deal of women's football below the more visible leagues and it's important that we try and promote the whole sport as much as we can...

Please keep us updated on the progress of your charges at Lincoln and on any interesting women's football stories you might come across in your travels ! 

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:53:34 PM »
Reserves board now added.....I have made it a general one to start with but it is possible that we could create more specific boards if required